New Trek Speed Concept

I assume you loosened the seat post bolt to allow tilt (part #11 on page 15 of the service manual)? That allows you to tilt the seat post and then lock down the angle you want. Loosen it then use the leverage from the seat to tilt down/up.

Also - there’s a little notch/cutout on seatpost to remove that rubber cylindrical piece inside the seat post. You have to rotate the rubber piece so it lines up with the notch in the seatpost to remove it. I was trying to flip the seatpost head and needed to remove that rubber piece in order to flip it

After loosening the back bolt that allows the barrel to move you can stick a flat screwdriver in there for some leverage and create some extra gap if needed. I had to do this in order to get the barrel to spin if I didn’t have a saddle installed for leverage).

I wonder though the more you do it do those small pins eventually wear down or damage and then the entire piece becomes loose? Not that you have to remove it often I guess.

As someone else said I pried the seatpost part open a little to rotate that part. It’s a pretty tight fit.

Dude, I am so dumb, I don’t know what I didn’t think of just putting the saddle in there and using it as leverage. Spins so easily now. haha. I was just pushing the cylindrical piece in and thinking, why can’t I spin this by hand. Thanks guys! Anyone else missing the rectangle washer that goes in the seat post wedge?

I doubt those pins matter as long as you have the pinch bolt tightened.

I initially did that, but then it was not in great alignment with the bolt, so I promptly bent it back. It worked great by putting the saddle in and using it as leverage. I was dumb to not try that at first.

Steve,
Do you have a link to the exact multitool that fits in there spare kit?

Steve,
Do you have a link to the exact multitool that fits in there spare kit?

No. It’s on back order until June (as of a week or 2 ago).

They just released an update to the service manual and it shows a mounting kit to mount a rear Flare tail light there. It also shows the BTA bottle now as well but also another BTA mount for mounting a regular bottle cage.

Both the flare mount and the regular cage BTA mount were in stock and ready to order yesterday.

Great!! Thanks. I need the regular bta mount by next week. Hopefully I can get it that fast.

So the part number for the standard cage bta mount is 512178 according to the service manual which is the same part number as the old bike bta cage mount. Did you happen to see what the part number was for the new bike in the system? Want to make sure I order the correct part.

Yes that’s the part number I have as well for the kit which consists of the bracket plus two small bolts.

The full BTA bottle part number is W5269794 but that is showing an ETA of April in the system.

I’m about to cut the fork today. Surprised it wasn’t pre-cut for the frame size. There’s also no information in the manual about where to measure for the cut. It’s a bit of a different system that what I’m used to.

So the new standard cage mount (512178) is available today to order? Are we certain that if you order that part, you will get the new part and not the old part?

It shows as in stock and with the same photo that’s in the service manual so I assume it is the new one. I ordered it anyway and will know in a few days if it’s the right one!

The 512178 part number is the BTA mount and goodies for the Gen2 Speed Concept and will not work on the new one. The W part number one is for the new Speed Concept and is supposed to ship in early April.

The 512178 part number is the BTA mount and goodies for the Gen2 Speed Concept and will not work on the new one. The W part number one is for the new Speed Concept and is supposed to ship in early April.

The updated service manual for the new bike shows 512178 as a standard cage bta solution which is the same part number as the gen 2 SC (but obviously are very different parts). If you go to trekbikes.com and type in that part number, you will see the old part for the gen 2 sc. I called trek and I was told that part number is wrong for the new bike and it’s not available and they just had to put in a part number for the time being and it should be updated later.

But sorelegs is saying that he see’s the new part image when he ordered 512178… we’ll see what he receives.

I see the two separate ones now in the new service manual. That’s super weird. It will be interesting to see what he gets when the order comes in. I don’t see how trek can have the same part number for two separate generations though.

The Trek mounted referenced above does fit a 1030, I tested it and it’s fine. The mount is actually made by K-Edge, it’s a solid metal mount, very sturdy. Mine was part of a Project One order, I didn’t realize I even ordered it to be honest but it’s a mono mount and not the dual that Mitch mentioned earlier in this thread.

Yeah who knows, the updated service manual showed that part number, when I went into the system that part number was listed for this gen bike so I ordered it. I didn’t realize it was a duplicate of a previous part number. We’ll see I guess when it arrives. I’m in Canada though so things take a couple of weeks to get here so it might be a while unfortunately!

Where is it referenced?

I’ve mounted it on underside of the crossbar and the low mount and high mount blendr DO NOT allow the 1030 to twist on. I actually cracked off my mount wing on my 1030 accidentally trying it.

Please show photos of your computer mounts and part numbers of where to get the parts I need. Currently using my garmin mount and my EPIX 2 for a bike computer.