New Trek Speed Concept

I went with Mulsanne Blue/Black( no-upcharge paint scheme).

With the chaos of ordering and having to drive an hour from home to do it a Trek shop, I did not want anything to further delay the lead time (or add to cost).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLXlhewu415pOTIXgig87f72Sc9fOdV8JrKK_WkquMeqOYEZh815ldIpsfDxjhkvFDkD-7EUu-NuBXr4GDKGs5RYiQSFVoeuRZ0hlfzcylVJwepj1rx3K68RivxLJgFWgIkchb-QELQK73tymIbOk1COWw=w1062-h1416-no?authuser=0

That looks awesome. My bike is arriving this week. The more detailed pics I see the more I realize that those bars really arenĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t going to work for me. Hopefully Trek releases that adapter soon!

Awaiting the adapter as well although youĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢re braver than me and ordered the bike before Trek even committed to manufacturing one. But someone else may I suppose.

Yes Iā€™m not too worried to be honest, I could make the stock bars work they just arenā€™t ideal for me.

If Trek doesnā€™t end up making something then someone else will Iā€™m sure. With all those ā€œsuper barsā€ on the market they will want them to work with the new SC.

Pic not coming through, for me at least. Big do not enter symbol

working now?

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLX2OYueu5kKk5umtEqNhNu9skbSUwCQO2foBocIFQCG0BB7_Z5k05Ly_yxvNcLN7ZHmzDDl-F6av03Fhpc8zEc87h1fYaYqQuG8Z3AvXLp83FmHimKnVK6g-Ljp9JkkXu3PAam4kI_6wMXm3nt0s7jdGA=w1888-h1416-no?authuser=0

Couple quick thoughts:

• This is a fantastic bike. This is the second one my shop has put one together and they are raving about it.
  • Iā€™m really impressed how it rides so far though it was only 5 min around my neighborhood
  • Lots of adjustability in the front end (though not much with the cups). The rubber covers for covering the hardware that typically rusts is a nice touch.
  • Stock pads/cups arenā€™t the greatest - there are only 2 pair of mounting holes on the cups (lateral adjustment onlyā€¦ no fore/aft (Iā€™ll be replacing these)
  • Top tube storage can fit 8 gels (gu). You may be able fit more if you are better at packing them neatly.
  • Downtube storage is small
  • Downtube aero bottle isnā€™t as awkward to hold than I thought it would be
  • Thereā€™s a threaded insert on the rear of the seatpostā€¦ perhaps for a future integrated bts solution?
  • 25mm tires on rsl wheels look like 28 mm tires
  • Bike weighed 19.5lbs as pictured
  • If your bike comes with the hilo pro carbon saddle and you run a saddle with 7 mm rails, you will need the smaller size clamp

Any additional details on the threaded insert on the rear of the seat post? Maybe a pic or two?

Looks like an awesome bike. Looking forward to the more than 5 minute ride report.

Any additional details on the threaded insert on the rear of the seat post? Maybe a pic or two?

Looks like an awesome bike. Looking forward to the more than 5 minute ride report.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pw/AM-JKLXjYnPeohYA1Kb_q6IC1C4n0-o-qCH1ucoVs8FyVrYEgR6RRTmqWTEf2R5ttPOxx7vctFJMYSPXwNVfRt4IYBFoyXFIPpdg865MQJAHRf20-sAR0WY4lfvr31PiYTvLlnlFYxKp0_J1-fiquvL1yImvaQ=w1062-h1416-no?authuser=0

Not much to show other than this picture. Itā€™s not mentioned in the service manual. Not sure what else it could be for besides a bts solution.

Also updated my post above with some additional thoughts.

Awesome. Great looking bike and excellent feedback!

I was worried about the cups as well, not sure if I can get them narrow enough for my fit but they are easy enough to replace.

I have seen a Bontrager Flare attached to it. Hydration system would also be nice. Id imagine lots of stuff coming in the pipeline

I canƂĀ“t confirm that there will be a BTS (Behind the saddle) cage. But IƂĀ“ve a picture from Trek that says:

BTS (Behind the Saddle) Storage

• Up to 2 bottles
  • Extra flat kit storage.

Not sure when this will be made thoughā€¦

Thanks for the picture and extra comments.

Please update us with ride reviews when you have an opportunity to get it out on the road for some longer rides. Really curious to hear how you can compare it to other Tri bikes for ride quality.

I went with Mulsanne Blue/Black( no-upcharge paint scheme).

With the chaos of ordering and having to drive an hour from home to do it a Trek shop, I did not want anything to further delay the lead time (or add to cost).

Do you have any pictures? Iā€™m going to put an order in for this color but havenā€™t seen any real world photos. Thanks!

Not sure what else it could be for besides a bts solution.

It looks like a nice spot for a Garmin Varia mount during training using a K-Edge mount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MIJQXLG

it is still boxed til buildout but here is a pic. I was pleasantly surprised how good the paint job is since it was a stock color.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yb5pmq5twk1hi7t/SC.jpg?dl=0

Wow, itā€™s sharp. Thanks for sharing!

This is the colour I was thinking of getting - is it metallic and sparkle in the sun a bit ?
That may be the lamest question I have ever asked. But I dig the chrome trek logo- but that blue is it matte or sparkles ?
AgainĆ¢ā‚¬Ā¦ so lame Ć°ÅøĖœā€™

I just picked up mine Monday, same color as yours and absolutely love it. Blown away by the entire bike

Thanks!
That is a sweet color! I love it. Iā€™d go with that too. That really is a good option for a stock color. I would not be disappointed at all.