New Trek Speed Concept

Hey!

I´ve orderd the frame set, looking at the service manual there are alot of pices. Do anyone know whats included and whats not? I know you need to buy the base bar separately, but do you need to order, armpads, extensions, bolts, the iso speed etc etc as well?

Thanks guys!

Ordering the standard frameset will be frame/fork only, so you would need to order the entire cockpit setup and seatpost seperately. Frame specific parts such as the IsoSpeed would come with the bike - no need to order that! Just get your cockpit parts, seatpost. saddle, wheels, drivetrain, brakes, and pedals.
Why did TREK make the frame set order so complicated? Why didn’t you guys just make it to include the seatpost and cockpit? That seems odd to me that you don’t at least make the seatpost an automatic, as I’m sure it’s property…would save the consumer and you a good bit of hassle.

That really needs to change!

Hey, buy the best bike on the market, or a frame set. BUT, if you buy the frame set DONT FORGET to include the all important seatpost in your order. It doesn’t come with it!!!

Hey!

I´ve orderd the frame set, looking at the service manual there are alot of pices. Do anyone know whats included and whats not? I know you need to buy the base bar separately, but do you need to order, armpads, extensions, bolts, the iso speed etc etc as well?

Thanks guys!

Ordering the standard frameset will be frame/fork only, so you would need to order the entire cockpit setup and seatpost seperately. Frame specific parts such as the IsoSpeed would come with the bike - no need to order that! Just get your cockpit parts, seatpost. saddle, wheels, drivetrain, brakes, and pedals.
Why did TREK make the frame set order so complicated? Why didn’t you guys just make it to include the seatpost and cockpit? That seems odd to me that you don’t at least make the seatpost an automatic, as I’m sure it’s property…would save the consumer and you a good bit of hassle.

That really needs to change!

Hey, buy the best bike on the market, or a frame set. BUT, if you buy the frame set DONT FORGET to include the all important seatpost in your order. It doesn’t come with it!!!

You find it complicated? If you’re ordering the standard frameset that we have online, it doesn’t include the seatpost or cockpit because every rider has a different fit - why include mid-range fitted components when a rider will need to change them and purchase new parts after they get a professional fit? Now in Project One, we offer a frameset option there where you can select the seatpost and cockpit, but you are selecting the size of each. It’s very easy overall…

i go into project one and have no option to select frame only for speed concept. It forces me to select a drivetrain. Is that a Canada thing?

i go into project one and have no option to select frame only for speed concept. It forces me to select a drivetrain. Is that a Canada thing?

Project One orders are only submitted through our retailers, but the frameset options would be through them too.

Any color scheme and size options for the seatpost/cockpit found on the complete bike would also be listed for the frameset when you are building out the order with your retailer.

Mitch,

Can the out front computer mount be used with the BTA aero bottle in place? I’ve always struggled to find a decent computer placement option when using a BTA bottle.

Mitch,

Can the out front computer mount be used with the BTA aero bottle in place? I’ve always struggled to find a decent computer placement option when using a BTA bottle.

Absolutely! The product team made sure to keep these parts functional when being used together. The computer mount uses our Blendr system and it hooks up to the base bar to extend forward to be in a good line of view when in the aero position without being blocked by your BTA.

Mitch, do you know if we can attach at ion front light to the bottom of the new SC computer mount?

Got my shipment notice for my P1 Speedconcept SLR9 from Trek on Friday, so the February timeframe was accurate. FWIW I was a Day One order.

Awesome. My SLR9 etap was supposed to ship yesterday but is now delayed until Tuesday.

Please get pictures and first ride reports up as soon as possible folks!

You can!

Hey Michell,

What is the link to the computer mount on TB.com? Also is there a part number set up for BTA to order direct to consumer?

Thanks

So, with my complete bike order, I’m set up with the Bontrager R3 Hard-Caser Lite tires Aeolus RSL 75 TLR wheels. I’ve never run Bontrager tires or wheels, and don’t know much about them. I’m thinking of using these as mainly my training wheelset, and getting a second race set, with a complete disc rear. Anyone of any thoughts or recommendations for wheel/tire combo, including rear disc, that would work well with this bike?

So, with my complete bike order, I’m set up with the Bontrager R3 Hard-Caser Lite tires Aeolus RSL 75 TLR wheels. I’ve never run Bontrager tires or wheels, and don’t know much about them. I’m thinking of using these as mainly my training wheelset, and getting a second race set, with a complete disc rear. Anyone of any thoughts or recommendations for wheel/tire combo, including rear disc, that would work well with this bike?

Hi On my 201 current Speed Concept run Enve 7.8 & Zipp Disc. With 2022 Speed Concept I have on order going to stick with Aeolus RSL 75 wheels and go DT Swiss ARC 1100 DICUT DISC.

Hey Michell,

What is the link to the computer mount on TB.com? Also is there a part number set up for BTA to order direct to consumer?

Thanks

Part number 5284245 would be for the computer mount with a Blendr Duo base (one free slot for a light since the computer mount takes the other). We also offer the Mono base too (5284244), but I think the Duo is the way to go for some additional mounting space. These are just available through our retailers right now until we get them live on www.trekbikes.com.

As for the BTA, this is not yet released thanks to some supply chain woes, so it can’t be ordered yet. But the part number is W5269794 for the assembly once it is live!

Created a BTA mount out of 3mm carbon plate(3 is excessive, 2 woulda been plenty). Wanted it in the stack and not just under the pads so the bottle was a bit lower and hidden behind the extensions base.

4E73DC20-62EA-4D39-BBE2-38E46C3D34CD.jpeg
17FAAA63-569A-4A30-8445-55BC99261966.jpeg

Looks good. How do you like the ride? How does it compare to your previous bike?

That is nice and I like how it sits deeper between the bars.
My Speed Concept frame/bars/seatpost has arrived but I’m in holding pattern waiting for SRAM AXS Blip Box to build out.

Anyone got scoop on when those might be showing up again?

No idea about your question, but curious about your paint choice. What did you go with?

That looks awesome. My bike is arriving this week. The more detailed pics I see the more I realize that those bars really aren’t going to work for me. Hopefully Trek releases that adapter soon!