New Trek Speed Concept

That’s awesome. I know my madone has a smaller threaded insert like that further down in the seatpost to allow for a flare R adapter like was mentioned, but I like the options!

A bit sparkly - I was expecting it to me more matte but was happily surprised. I really liked the silver lettering too. Waiting on wheels (any day) and Blip Box to build out.

I just got my new speed concept…IN ZWIFT.

YES, the new Speed Concept Disc is FINALLY in Zwift! (I’m still waiting for my real one though lol sigh)

Picked up my new bike on Tuesday and did my first ride yesterday. This is my third Speed Concept, so the is similar to the previous models. I really like the quality of the bike, the shifting is really clean, and the brakes are fantastic. Reading through the tread I think I am not alone that the water storage must go, I have two key Ironman races this year and need a solution for two bater bottles. One on the handlebar area and one on the tube, I don’t want to reach around to the back of the seat for fluids. I also need to good Garmin mount that will work with this bike. Thanks

Trek 3.jpg

Steve,
Can I ask how tall you are and what size the bike is?
Thanks.

I’m 5’10” and it’s a medium.

Trek makes a garmin mount that is specific to this bike. Mitch posted the trek part numbers a few pages back on what to order. It was also available to order with the bike in project one.

It was last stated that the bta bottle would be available around April. Not sure if that’s still the case. Similar to another ST’er, I will be making my own bracket in the meantime to run a standard cage bta.

hey are you not able to remove the hydration, and put 2 cages??

I was told at the Trek shop the BTA setup would be available first quarter of 2022 - so possibly sometime in next 5 weeks. Hope that timeline is accurate.

You can put cages on it- mine has the holes ready to go. Its at the shop right now getting a few things tweaked or I could give you specifics, but I remember seeing them.

As for the BTA, this is not yet released thanks to some supply chain woes, so it can’t be ordered yet. But the part number is W5269794 for the assembly once it is live!

Mitch - I asked my shop if they could look up this part number. It did not come up for them in their system. Should they be able to see the bottle in the system even if it’s not available yet? Just want to make sure it’s the right part number so I can order it as soon as it’s available.

Got mine from Trek Boulder this weekend and took it out for a 50mi ride. Absolute dream.

Background: I’ve owned the previous two generations of speed concepts (both 7 series, mechanical, ultegra, hed jet wheels). We lost our bikes and house in marshall fire. Chris at Trek Boulder hooked me up with a new black/smoke stock SLR 7 - they have my highest recommendation.
It’s fast and smooth. I can’t tell how much is due to frame vs. new wheels (51s)Lighter than previous generation (also maybe due to wheels?)Top tube storage is large - make sure to flip bike over after hosing off to get water out.The new ultegra shifting/brakes are top notch.Handles very nicely in cross winds. Was up north of Boulder with lots of cross winds descending 30+mph in aerobars with no twitching.Took mechanic at Trek an hour to get flat kit setup. Very very tight fit. Couldn’t get a 20-25c tube folded up to fit. The only instructions we found was the marketing pic on trek.com. Using bontrager flat kit as shown in picture. Even a tubolito wouldn’t fit. Finally got butyl one in but was a pain. Worried the co2 nozzle is going to fall out and rattle in frame.The water bottle is easy to hold BUT VERY slow flow. Unsatisfying compared purist bottle mouth piece. Sometimes hard to get all the way back in. Tried to jerry-rig XLab Kompact 500 to front but no luck. Waiting for integrated hydration.Computer mount on order.Using an Xlab delta 400 behind an ISM pn 3.1. I think for racing I’d do two bottles on frame and a BTA/BTS. I’m not sure you could open the flat kit storage with two bottles though. Need to try it out.

Regarding the flat kit - I have this coming. I think this will fit nicely in the downtube and should be able to fit a bit more. You can also remove the storage part from the cover with 2 screws to free up some room in the downtube.

Also the bontrager bits multi-tool that is supposed to fit in the frame storage is on back order until June.

Thanks for the initial review! Any pics you have to share would be awesome too. Congrats on the new ride and being able to ride outdoors already this year. Still too much snow in my neck of the woods.

Got mine from Trek Boulder this weekend and took it out for a 50mi ride. Absolute dream.

Background: I’ve owned the previous two generations of speed concepts (both 7 series, mechanical, ultegra, hed jet wheels). We lost our bikes and house in marshall fire. Chris at Trek Boulder hooked me up with a new black/smoke stock SLR 7 - they have my highest recommendation.
It’s fast and smooth. I can’t tell how much is due to frame vs. new wheels (51s)Lighter than previous generation (also maybe due to wheels?)Top tube storage is large - make sure to flip bike over after hosing off to get water out.The new ultegra shifting/brakes are top notch.Handles very nicely in cross winds. Was up north of Boulder with lots of cross winds descending 30+mph in aerobars with no twitching.Took mechanic at Trek an hour to get flat kit setup. Very very tight fit. Couldn’t get a 20-25c tube folded up to fit. The only instructions we found was the marketing pic on trek.com. Using bontrager flat kit as shown in picture. Even a tubolito wouldn’t fit. Finally got butyl one in but was a pain. Worried the co2 nozzle is going to fall out and rattle in frame.The water bottle is easy to hold BUT VERY slow flow. Unsatisfying compared purist bottle mouth piece. Sometimes hard to get all the way back in. Tried to jerry-rig XLab Kompact 500 to front but no luck. Waiting for integrated hydration.Computer mount on order.Using an Xlab delta 400 behind an ISM pn 3.1. I think for racing I’d do two bottles on frame and a BTA/BTS. I’m not sure you could open the flat kit storage with two bottles though. Need to try it out.

Sorry to hear about your loss of house and bikes in fire. But, your new SC color choice gave me a chuckle. Hope all is well.

Check out Contis Supersonic tubes. They r very thin. I started using these for race only flat kit so I could fit two tubes in my Xlab BTS bag for deep front wheel and disc combo.

Oh so that Bontrager multi tool isn’t included with the bike? Darn, I thought it was. I’ll have to order it I guess. Thanks for the heads up.

Correct… it doesn’t come with the bike. The the storage piece is very very small. My silca multi-tool won’t fit in there. I think the best route is going to be remove the storage part and just use the cover and stick a small bag in the downtube that is easy to get in and out. Still doing some trial and error so we’ll see.

As for the BTA, this is not yet released thanks to some supply chain woes, so it can’t be ordered yet. But the part number is W5269794 for the assembly once it is live!

Mitch - I asked my shop if they could look up this part number. It did not come up for them in their system. Should they be able to see the bottle in the system even if it’s not available yet? Just want to make sure it’s the right part number so I can order it as soon as it’s available.

It would not be visible to any retailer yet - or even our sales or customer services teams. The part is just in our engineering and product team files until it goes live!

Appreciate the feedback on this!

Also, sorry to hear about the losses from the fire, but I’m glad Chris was able to get you taken care of at our Boulder store. It certainly can’t replace the memories in your home and your past bikes, but I hope the future is bright for you and your family!