New Trek Speed Concept

Saw a nice DA Di2 12sp for sale $4300 lol

Right!!! Going to mix and match DA and Ultegra. I am trying to find a gearing chart for 12 speed Shimano ass well since just learned it does not go to a 10tooth on rear. Been a while since built a bike.

Which one did you get? If it is the First Light paint job from the Olympics, I will be very jealous. I guess not jealous enough to have bought it myself though!

Which one did you get? If it is the First Light paint job from the Olympics, I will be very jealous. I guess not jealous enough to have bought it myself though!

Yep bought that one.

Dealing with some sizing issues on it now: seat post, but will get things worked out hopefully.

I’m curious about this as well. I hope there are other options available at some point or even a plug in that allows any extensions to be used.

Mitch:

Do you have a timetable when the public will be able to buy whatever adapter some of the pros are using to run different extensions? Rudy Von Berg’s bike is an example. He seems to believe it will be available soon…correct?

Ordered P1 SLR 9 with DA eta 210 days

Thank you!

Mitch:

Do you have a timetable when the public will be able to buy whatever adapter some of the pros are using to run different extensions? Rudy Von Berg’s bike is an example. He seems to believe it will be available soon…correct?

Ordered P1 SLR 9 with DA eta 210 days

Thank you!

Negative, it is still TBD and something we’re evaluating. If I had to guess (and be a little vague, it would be Spring 2022).

Congrats! That’s the best paint job I’ve ever seen. Enjoy it!

Mitch:

Is it possible to add the old speedbox (rear/below the seat) on the new Speed Concept? As an age-group Ironman athlete only being able to carry 1 tube/CO2/tool is not enough for races (and training). I currently carry 2 of each, small pump, and a tool in my current SC speed box. IF not, did Trek really have the age-grouper in mind in this new bike?

U can fit a lot in it. You can also do a bts bottle w a kit not a bottle…

Do you think a $10k bike is really meant for avg age grouper?

If you need a lot of luggage you get an Explorer. If you don’t need any luggage, you get a corvette

Mitch:

Is it possible to add the old speedbox (rear/below the seat) on the new Speed Concept? As an age-group Ironman athlete only being able to carry 1 tube/CO2/tool is not enough for races (and training). I currently carry 2 of each, small pump, and a tool in my current SC speed box. IF not, did Trek really have the age-grouper in mind in this new bike?

It’s not possible. There are no bosses on the seat tube. I would suggest storing another tube/co2 underneath the seat, in a second bottle bta, or in the top tube storage.

If you need a lot of luggage you get an Explorer. If you don’t need any luggage, you get a corvette

logic checks out

FYI, got my order number confirmation from Trek last week. Put my order in for the bike the day after release. Called Trek with my order number to get an estimated date and they told me March 2023… They were not able to specify weather it was the frame or components that were the hold up.
Hopefully the time frame shortens up a bit, curious if anyone actually got one in the 11 day time frame that quoted for some builds.

FYI, got my order number confirmation from Trek last week. Put my order in for the bike the day after release. Called Trek with my order number to get an estimated date and they told me March 2023… They were not able to specify weather it was the frame or components that were the hold up.
Hopefully the time frame shortens up a bit, curious if anyone actually got one in the 11 day time frame that quoted for some builds.

2023?!? That’s not a typo?

Nope, not a typo, 2023 is what they told me with a straight face. Said it before, I think that anything beyond 6-9 months is a guess. My guess is that currently their contracts with suppliers guarantee that the products to build up the bikes will be there by date “x” and they allow time for build and shipping.
Not holding my breath but also expecting that the time shortens up significantly.

I put my order in the same day it was released(11/18). SLR9 etap showed 11 days. I received an order number the next day (11/19). The following week, my lbs called and told me it pushed to 12/30. I called trek today and it’s still showing 12/30. Crossing my fingers.

the system juggles and moves dates as inventory gets updated from suppliers. The 12/30 is probably pretty close. The dates that say march 2023 will probably be moved up over time. Everyone i know that has ordered trek bikes in the last yr or so has gotten their bikes about 3-4 months sooner than the initial ETA date that they were given.

Update on delivery to the extent anyone finds it helpful or interesting:

-Placed order for a frameset the day the new SC was announced, LBS told me delivery was “11 days”
-Three days later, LBS called and told me estimated delivery was updated to “April 2022”
-Last week, LBS called again and told me estimated delivery was now “January 18, 2022”

I called Trek with my order number and they confirmed the January 18, 2022 date. Will updated again when/if things change.

I was at Cyclologic for a fit on 11/26 and picked up this beauty(amplified alchemy paint job)! Highly recommend these guys for a fit, top notch! Now just to wait on the remainder of the parts.

Any updates for us? Looking forward to some pics on the new build! What wheels are you going to pair with it?

I had the 11 days as well. Then it was 12/30. And as of 2 days ago, it’s now 2/4.

There here… :wink: Medium Frameset, btw

new_trek1.jpg