New Trek Speed Concept

What exactly is included with the frameset? Does it come with fork, headset, base bar, seat post? Hard to tell from the website.

There here… :wink: Medium Frameset, btw

What store and state?

I hope everyone is able to get their bikes earlier than their dates.

the frameset is just the frame and fork (and probably the headset bearings). no seatpost, no handlbar/stem, no BB.

That’s disappointing. 5k frameset, plus 1k handlebar/basebar, and some weird proprietary seatpost that can only be procured from Trek. Bonkers. Why in the hell they can’t bundle the proprietary stuff with the frameset boggles my mind. Seriously considered this frameset, not anymore.

I am still waiting on some parts from Trek, like the extensions, a front derailuer hanger and the parts for the seat post to attach a saddle.

But this is where I’m at so far. All the bolts swapped to rainbow Ti where applicable, 155 cranks, custom basebar shifters wired up.

5E0D7040-6080-4CC0-A93C-62A364A55338.jpeg

the frameset is just the frame and fork (and probably the headset bearings). no seatpost, no handlbar/stem, no BB.
……and that’s fine unless they are proprietary parts…… which they are. Then it just looks like a play to insinuate a lower product cost than it really is. Trek is being intentionally disingenuous here.

Trek is protecting their parts and after purchase sales. No business wants customers to buy their product and then immediately go to third parties to buy everything else to service/upgrade their product. They are protecting the aftermarket, plain and simple business decision.

Trek is protecting their parts and after purchase sales. No business wants customers to buy their product and then immediately go to third parties to buy everything else to service/upgrade their product. They are protecting the aftermarket, plain and simple business decision.

If you don’t supply the full parts like the post and extensions they need, you’re actually then creating the aftermarket alternatives by driving them to look at alternatives for the parts they don’t actually have yet .

If you don’t supply the full parts like the post and extensions they need, you’re actually then creating the aftermarket alternatives by driving them to look at alternatives for the parts they don’t actually have yet .

Exactly. Say I wanted to build this bike from a frameset. I’d have to go to a local Trek dealer. Then I’d have to ask someone about ordering one. The person I’m dealing with most likely will have zero clue about the speed concept, let alone the frameset. They wouldn’t know I needed a shopping cart of extra parts I need just to build the bike. Then I’d have to explain it. Turns into hours of extra work and expense. Just give me a price for the frameset with all the proprietary parts included so I can just go into a shop and ask them to order it. No hassle. But instead, there’s no way I’m going through all the hassle of dealing with a bike shop that wont have a clue, and frankly why would they? Local shops here might sell 2-3 high end tri bikes per year. Let alone specifically a Trek Speed Concept frameset. dumb

Old version had frameset with forks, seatpost, brakes, bars etc.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Trek/Speed-Concept-TT-Triathlon-Frameset-2022/G3KS

I am still waiting on some parts from Trek, like the extensions, a front derailuer hanger and the parts for the seat post to attach a saddle.

But this is where I’m at so far. All the bolts swapped to rainbow Ti where applicable, 155 cranks, custom basebar shifters wired up.

Wow. Nice build. Are the wheels from another build or bought for this new SC?

the old one did.

also talking with the local store, looking at ETA of June/July for most of the other parts (handlebar/toppers/towers/etc) but who knows

Right, sell 2-3 high end tri bikes a year, and then hope that some 3rd part is going to invest the time and money to develop custom parts for that low volume bike. I don’t disagree, giving you everything but the groupset and wheels would be better from a customer perspective, just saying the proprietary route is to dissuade others from developing parts based on payback/investment.

my original delivery date was late summer 2022 - it is now mid Feb. 2022…

Looks awesome! Where did you end up putting the basebar shifters?

I created some custom blip buttons and put them on the basebar.

IMG3011.jpg

Nicely done. Is there internal cable routing for blips in the base bar?

Very impressive. Took me a second to even see it.
Any chance that it might cause accidental shifting by grabbing that area just to brake?

No more accidental than a regular blip would be. I put it at the side of my thumb so it’s even less likely to get hit.

The basebars are setup for internal wiring. The wire will come out underneath it into the small storage area for either a blip box of di2

Has trek mentioned what 00:00:00 means with it being painted on the frame? Other than obvious that the bike is used in races against the clock.