New Trek Speed Concept

The BTA bottle is convenient, but those armrests are just SO damn wide…!!!

THeir feedback on IosSpeed is my exact same impressions when I got my Madone. Simply amazing, and I’m not one to throw that word around lightly.

When T.O. makes it to Kona he will get what he wants :wink:

Hey Mitch,

My closest shop is working on my order for me, but I haven’t been asked about pursuit bar or pedestal configurations. Is that something I should call and clarify?

Thanks!

I was also at the event last night, and want to echo the paint comments. “First Light,” the paint job from the Olympics, looks AMAZING in person. the deepness of the red at the bottom is intense, and the amount of clear coat is crazy. Really stunning!

The biggest downsides I noticed, aside from the price:
The flat storage is tiny, which Dan mentioned in his article. I’m not on tubeless yet, but I’d be a little wary of using this bike for long course with regular clinchers, because you’re not going to have room for a second tube or second CO2. You’d probably want a saddlebag for training just for the peace of mind of the extra spares. Perhaps I am just overly risk averse?The aero frame bottle is fairly small. It’s probably perfect if you use as designed, and carry concentrated liquid (nutrition or electrolytes) and add plain water with it to the BTA bottle. But if you don’t use a concentrated bottle, then it doesn’t seem big enough to be useful from a hydration standpoint.
Aside from those things, and the price (no getting around that!), it looks like a fantastic bike. The top tube storage looks great. It would have been awesome if they had loaded a few of the bikes up with gu or shot blocks or something to demonstrate how much it could carry, but it appears to be a ton.

Mitch, I don’t think I have seen it. Are there built-in options for an upfront garmin mount? I’d imagine tri-bar mounts designed for round bars won’t work on the bike.

Also, I haven’t been up to date on P1 paint options. Is Vapor Coat no longer available?

There is a computer mount in project one under accessories.

Was there an option in the p1 order to select 140 or 160 rotors? I did mine over the phone and the shop never mentioned it.

Hey Mitch,

My closest shop is working on my order for me, but I haven’t been asked about pursuit bar or pedestal configurations. Is that something I should call and clarify?

Thanks!

Check out the service manual

https://retailerassetsprd.blob.core.windows.net/techassets/TK_SpeedConcept_MY22_ServiceManual.pdf?sv=2018-03-28&ss=bfqt&srt=sco&sp=r&se=2062-03-20T02:32:45Z&st=2019-03-19T18:32:45Z&spr=https&sig=UogJIteiFltPX66np2M0a3esSu1uZzABYHTFInUlT%2Fo%3D

Hey Mitch,
Thanks for all the insight here on the Forum. I put my order in this morning with the LBS. Once they got the order in they are being told over a year our (450-500 days). Is this accurate? IS there a possibility the timeline would shrink? Not holding you to any promises just curious.

I was at the Cyclologic event last night.

First off the bikes are beautiful in person. Trek still has the best in paint design. They are obviously well thought out.

The RSL75 was amazing. Optimized for 26-28mm. I couldn’t believe how wide it felt.

People were talking about IsoSpeed. The comments from the pros were that us was instantly noticeable from riding gen2. That it was really amazing. They did have 2 local guys ride the bike to get some real world testing. I was talking to one of them before the event and he said the day he test rode it, he sold his other TT bike. He took it out on the Beeline and could hardly feel the normal bumps. 2nd guy said the same thing. He rode it, called a guy who wanted to buy his TT already, and sold it.

They had a Di2 ultegra 12sp build on display. Wow that is a nice group set. The FD is almost gone it’s so small. They hydro brake levers are as well.

The one thing I did ask is about swapping rotor size. 160 is standard but you can go 140.

Last thing…. Ben and TO are both jealous of Holly’s Crome blue bike. Lol

That is cool to hear about the ISOspeed reaction. I’d like to test ride one, but then worry how I’d pay for the stupid bike! Haha. I will say, to those of us that want it but can’t afford it…I’m tempted to get a part time job on Saturdays and ask how long I’d have to work to get the bike, and quit. I’d be upfront that would be my intent. But, then I lose my family time and training time.

You mean a part time job at a bike shop that sells trek… lol

wow, what build did you order??

The standard SLR 7

I wonder if the UK has a different inventory as I know some people who ordered that today and are expecting Jan / Feb?? weird

maybe they didn’t understand Jan/Feb 2023?

for me, i ordered one this morning and the LBS list system noted 230 days, but after it was processed by Trek it came back Jan/Feb 2023. LBS called TREK and they said the system is not able to keep up to orders…

personally, i’m not tickled pink about Feb 2023 - but it also means i get one more season on my 2014 SC!

You mean a part time job at a bike shop that sells trek… lol

Yes,
Exactly that!

Hey Mitch,

Thanks!

If they are ordering a Project One, absolutely, have a conversation with them regarding your fit to choose the correct base bar and tower configurations. We supply other shims and spacers to dial it in once it gets to your fitter!

Mitch, I don’t think I have seen it. Are there built-in options for an upfront garmin mount? I’d imagine tri-bar mounts designed for round bars won’t work on the bike.

Also, I haven’t been up to date on P1 paint options. Is Vapor Coat no longer available?

We’re working with K-Edge on a slick new mounting system for cycling computers - still in progress but should be available soon for aftermarket purchase (but in P1 now)!

And no Vapor Coat, we axed it a few years ago.

Hey Mitch,
Thanks for all the insight here on the Forum. I put my order in this morning with the LBS. Once they got the order in they are being told over a year our (450-500 days). Is this accurate? IS there a possibility the timeline would shrink? Not holding you to any promises just curious.

I’m seeing this lead time for everything but the SLR 9 Di2 model right now, we filled orders for everything else pretty quickly by the looks of it. There is always the chance this order shifts to a sooner date - my Project One order for a Madone SLR Speed was originally set for June when I placed it in July, now it is coming in February!