New Trek Speed Concept

I’m still not feeling ready to pay more for a TT bike than for a Ducati.
I bought a scrambler for 10k. I just ordered a madone for 13k LOL… priorities?

was yours SRAM Mitch? (PS wow, even you don’t get to bump the line? lol)

You betcha! It is an SLR 7 eTap - though not for me, I ordered it for my partner as she’ll be riding it to compete in the Abu Dhabi World Championship in 2022 (if anyone is there, you’ll see me out there).

I’m without a road bike for some reason. I would love a new one though!

This may have been answered, and I just see the “woe is me” attitude all over social in the relevant channels for the launch of this bike. What’s the timeline for downstreamed cheaper models? Obviously not 2022. I’m also going to assume there’s no way to get the “cheaper model” under 5K as SC2 was already a premium model.

Also, excellent launch event last night.

Tri-bike and motorcycles are both very non-essential purchases, even though people think they are necessary… so it’s all about what puts a smile on your face…

I’m still not feeling ready to pay more for a TT bike than for a Ducati.
I bought a scrambler for 10k. I just ordered a madone for 13k LOL… priorities?

Good question. Right now we don’t have cheaper models available (I guess, aside from the bare-bones TT model we’ll have later). However, we’ll evaluate the slope of the tri landscape and maybe far down the road there could be another variant - but I wouldn’t hold out for it.

Good question. Right now we don’t have cheaper models available (I guess, aside from the bare-bones TT model we’ll have later). However, we’ll evaluate the slope of the tri landscape and maybe far down the road there could be another variant - but I wouldn’t hold out for it.

Not trying to hold out for it, just wanting information. It’s a great bike!

I’m tempted to get a part time job on Saturdays and ask how long I’d have to work to get the bike, and quit. I’d be upfront that would be my intent. But, then I lose my family time and training time.

plenty of time to work and save up before a bike is actually available!

No option. Just what I will do when I get mine (eventually)

The one thing if you are racing (Ironman) is get with them to find out what spare wheel is on course. You ride 140 and they’re spares are 160….

Look at treks model lines. There is always an SL model. That being said, biggest mistake trek made was making the 7.5 gen2 so close to the 9 series. It wasn’t worth it. So they killed the 9

I don’t care about 500 vs 800 carbon. I just want the bike.

Now that everything is uploaded on the main site, they may not have an SL model. But they do have a cheaper model which is something the Big S did not have. So having an SLR 6 model is enough in my price point if I needed to replace something right away versus say another 10 year bike. (But I’m not a SRAM guy, gimme that Shimano!) I think it’s possible you could have a down streamed model set up now when the UCI legal bike comes out since it has no iso-speed. But a lot of money went into the development so I “get” the why.

But I do agree in a general sense that not having a model priced at 6k makes Trek not as accessible.

Look at treks model lines. There is always an SL model. That being said, biggest mistake trek made was making the 7.5 gen2 so close to the 9 series. It wasn’t worth it. So they killed the 9

I don’t care about 500 vs 800 carbon. I just want the bike.

If they do bring an SL model in they’d do it the way that cervelo did with the P3x - bring the P5x in first for a bit and capture the early adopters. Then, as sales peter out, bring in your ‘bargain’ option at the lower price point. You wouldn’t bring both out together unless you could show a clear gain - an issue most tri bike ranges will have at this point.

So, what specs did y’all end up ordering and ETA?

I was late to the party and in for a 7 etap (ETA was Feb 2023) but then the LBS called and said the 7 di2 would be ETA 130 days - considering my Madone and 2014 SC are di2, i ended up at the 7 di2…… now, just hoping for the 130 day ETA……

Holy geeez Feb 2023. Hope SRAM comes around.

But glad you got the much shorter di2!

I wonder if, like Felt on the IA they end up adding in seat tube bosses for additional storage a year or two into production.

There’s fix kit storage inside the frame below the downtube bottle, no? What would be the point of adding rear storage?

There’s fix kit storage inside the frame below the downtube bottle, no? What would be the point of adding rear storage?

Just to have more space. Wouldn’t surprise me if they get feedback that one co2 and one tube isn’t enough for full distance. Otherwise you’re relegated to your jersey. If I spent $10k I wouldn’t want to be packing a co2 in my pocket.

Just to have more space. Wouldn’t surprise me if they get feedback that one co2 and one tube isn’t enough for full distance. Otherwise you’re relegated to your jersey. If I spent $10k I wouldn’t want to be packing a co2 in my pocket.

Don’t forget, there’s space in the top tube area as well. Besides, with tubeless tires becoming the norm, two tubes seems like it might be overkill. But if you’re overly concerned, you can do some or all of the following:

-pack a couple Tubolito Ultralights in the same space as one normal tube.

https://cdn.bicyclerollingresistance.com/images/pictures/special/tubolito/tubolito-packing-size-960.jpg

-Pack spare tube(s) and/or CO2 canister(s) in your special needs bag in case you use your one on the front half

-Tape a spare CO2 to the bottom of the saddle shell

-Wait for the inevitable aftermarket “braft dox” from Custom Bike Xcessories

-Stick spare spares in the downtube drink bottle and use other places for hydration (ie BTA and BTS)

-Choose a BTS hydration solution that integrates additional flat storage

-Quit crying like a beyotch and just stick a tightly packed back-up flat kit (like a seal-packed Specialized Road Spool) in your back pocket

Don’t forget, there’s space in the top tube area as well. Besides, with tubeless tires becoming the norm, two tubes seems like it might be overkill. But if you’re overly concerned, you can do some or all of the following:

-pack a couple Tubolito Ultralights in the same space as one normal tube.

https://cdn.bicyclerollingresistance.com/images/pictures/special/tubolito/tubolito-packing-size-960.jpg

-Pack spare tube(s) and/or CO2 canister(s) in your special needs bag in case you use your one on the front half

-Tape a spare CO2 to the bottom of the saddle shell

-Wait for the inevitable aftermarket “braft dox” from Custom Bike Xcessories

-Stick spare spares in the downtube drink bottle and use other places for hydration (ie BTA and BTS)

-Choose a BTS hydration solution that integrates additional flat storage

-Quit crying like a beyotch and just stick a tightly packed back-up flat kit (like a seal-packed Specialized Road Spool) in your back pocket

LOL! I carried a spare TIRE in my jersey pocket for my 1st IM!!!