More gunfire associated with Donald Trump

Apparently Donald Trump is secure after a shooting incident at Trump International Golf Course in FL. Secret Service reportedly discharged weapons at a suspect, and have recovered a long gun. Sounds like the suspect has been detained. Reports are that officials believe the suspect intended to harm Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/09/15/politics/donald-trump-safe-shots/index.html

One should assume gun violence is an all age friendly topic. My 6 year old grandson talks about his safe escape school drilling.

Just the depressing news I was not looking forward to hear about.

At what lookin do you say “screw it politics ain’t worth it?”

Also I tried reading it twice did I miss whether it said the shooter got a shot off at Trump or not? What I’m reading leads me to believe SS saw and fired first before the shooter got a shot off.

More info in this AP article. Apparently authorities also arrested suspects in a vehicle on the highway they believe to be connected. The firearm taken by authorities is reported as an “AK style” weapon, which the suspect apparently pointed through the fence at the golf course, which is when SS fired shots. The suspect dropped his weapon and fled in an SUV and was later detained. Sounds like he didn’t get any shots off.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-shooting-gunshots-florida-f62f8378d3a8ce7b2e99d6a8fb40aba9

1 Like

Thanks for the updated info

I’m not saying that trump planned this, as I do not believe the conspiracy theories that he planned the last one - but this certainly is convenient for him. It draws attention away from a poor debate performance and a possible relationship with Laura Loomer.

It will be shocking if it’s not blamed on the left somehow…

I’m still trying to figure out who spends more time doing their makeup, Trump or Loomer.

Thoughts and prayers.

I love it

So far the non personas have speculated Trump planned it to distract from a debate that didn’t move the needle. Speculated who itxx cd will he blamed on. And insincerely offered thoughts and prayers.

Who needs personas when you can come o. Here and reveal exactly who you really are in life

Exactly what I came to post. Beat me to it.

Why should anyone be surprised about this, or sympathetic? FAFO.

Whether you feel sympathy for Donald Trump is one thing. I’m not sure he was ever in any danger or suffered through anything in this incident that would be cause for sympathy anyway. But we should all care about stamping down attempts by our citizens to physically threaten or assassinate political figures. That kind of thing is the end point of the road so many of us have complained about MAGA leading us down. So we probably should not make light of it or imply that’s it’s ok if it’s Trump.

There are plenty of reasons for people to be surprised about this. And the sarcasm for this situation is some bad hat harry.

Who do you think it was then?

Based on the first attempt who knows. It seems like trying to assassinate Trump has become something to gain notoriety for gun enthusiasts similar to school shootings.

1 Like

[Insert the family friendly version of you’re a fucking idiot here]

Only the authorities knows that at this point. But based on the last attempt it wouldn’t be shocking if the same rhetoric is used.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/republicans-wake-trump-shooting-seek-pin-political-violence-trend-democrats-2024-07-14/

1 Like

Why is he an idiot? That seems likely the motive for the first attempt.

Anyway, I’m sure we’ll know soon enough. The shooter was apparently a 58 year old called Ryan Routh.

I am not big on conspiracy garbage but this one reeks of it.

Shooter’s social media posts are apparently heavily influenced by Ukraine (source: CNN). He apparently claims to have fought in Ukraine and helped recruit people to fight for Ukraine. Maybe disgruntled by Trump’s refusal to voice support for Ukraine to win the war?