Hoka Skyward X

I would love to hear how they go for you, I was really disappointed in my last pair of Bondi’s. And like many here, I like a wider shoe, but often just go with a bigger one to accommodate, so would like your take on their sizing too…

And to the guy that asked who would these be for, well just about everyone of us that got hooked on the original Bondi and now find the new versions just too stiff. At least that would be my hope…

I “think” the regular size of the Skyward X is a bit roomier than a regular Bondi. Not as roomy as a wide Bondi but they felt fine. I’d still prefer a wide version.

Do they run true to size or do most people have to half size up or down?

True to size for me.

True to size for me.

Agree

if i show up to IMMD, you really think there’s an outside shot someone DQ’s me? i had no idea these were iligeal til i saw this post…

They have not updated their prohibited shoe list since 2023.

That said…if they are technically banned, you could have someone get on your case about it.

Anybody race in these yet and your experience?

After one 8 mile run I retuned them. Felt way too heavy. May be good for training for some but even if legal for racing the weight would be an issue for many.

They are illegal to use in both running and tri races. So there’s that.

Now I want to measure the stack height after I get about 350 miles on them :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know a lot of people that have raced in the Skyward X without any issues. Both 70.3/IM and running races. These are all MOP/BOP athletes, not FOP. YMMV

Of course… doesn’t mean it isn’t illegal though.

Part of the reason things aren’t being enforced is because the banned shoe list hasn’t been updated in two years.