Congratulations slowguy!

Some say you post too much. I don’t disagree.

But good work moving past Duffy to become the 4th most prolific poster.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=user_list;sb=user_posts;so=DESC

Thank you, thank you. I didn’t expect this, and I’m totally unprepared. I’d just like to say thank you to all the little people I stepped on along the way; those who knew what they were talking about, those who didn’t, and also the Canadians. I truly could have definitely done it without you, but you were all here anyway, so I guess there’s that…Here’s to another 45k posts, and the hopes that one or two of you might try to contribute something meaningful once in awhile.

Huzzah!

Congratulations! Are you ready to do an AMA?

As you look back on your climb to qualified success, are there any ideas from these discussions that stand out as particularly meaningful? Or do you have a favorite subject?

You’ve been a denizen of this filthy place for many years. How has your residency here impacted your life? Has anyone ever changed your mind?

I think you’ve made a few enemies as you’ve risen to the top. Do you have any regrets?

Whose shirts do you wear?

Whose shirts do you wear?

The papers want to know …

What is the over/under when Dev passes JSA?

Also, will losing the throne cause JSA to go to the nearest Panera and start posting again?

3 of the top 5 no longer post… there might be a lesson in that.

All whiny babies who took their ball and went home.

1 took his ball
1 got his ball taken
1 jackmotted

I wondered about that. I wondered if it leads to a certain physique or temperament. But BLeP is in 7th, and he seems pretty normal and even fun.

BLeP has a significant gap to overcome to get to 6th, but then he’s only a few hundred shy of Slowguy. If posting can be part of a healthy balanced life, then I think BLeP should dig deep and go for it.

ETA: one thing I am curious about: how have smart phones and tablets changed posting habits and who posts? At some point in history, posters were tied to desktops right? I don’t know the history of this place and what technology was common during its life.

I was surprised DT was in 10th, then I realised that some people other than Dev actually post quite a bit in that other room.

Seems like the people on that front page that stopped posting prior to 2022 all some story to go with their departure.

1 took his ball
1 got his ball taken
1 jackmotted

JSA took his ball.
jackmott fled to a crappier site which eventually crapped out.
Duffy took his ball. Pretty sure Dan said he isn’t banned.

I see what you are doing here BLeP… You sly bugger you.

You are just using Slowguy’s ascension to 4th to up your own post count.

I wondered about that. I wondered if it leads to a certain physique or temperament. But BLeP is in 7th, and he seems pretty normal and even fun.

BLeP has a significant gap to overcome to get to 6th, but then he’s only a few hundred shy of Slowguy. If posting can be part of a healthy balanced life, then I think BLeP should dig deep and go for it.

ETA: one thing I am curious about: how have smart phones and tablets changed posting habits and who posts? At some point in history, posters were tied to desktops right? I don’t know the history of this place and what technology was common during its life.

The thing is it is hockey season and BLeP should be posting his ass off on all things Maple Leaf. However, because they are on the cusp of becoming champions (he wasn’t even born the last time they won) he understands he best tread softly and post reluctantly because it is neither healthy nor balanced for BLeP to post about his leafs.

You should note also that since Slowguy has submitted his letter to resign his commission, he has been more unrestrained posting political content. I say game on, may the best man win and hopefully we will not suffer too much BS.

The thing is it is hockey season and BLeP should be posting his ass off on all things Maple Leaf. However, because they are on the cusp of becoming champions (he wasn’t even born the last time they won) he understands he best tread softly and post reluctantly because it is neither healthy nor balanced for BLeP to post about his leafs.

You should note also that since Slowguy has submitted his letter to resign his commission, he has been more unrestrained posting political content. I say game on, may the best man win and hopefully we will not suffer too much BS.

I don’t know what makes BLeP tick. BLeP has a certain charming vigor or vigorous charm that seems to fuel his posts. Despite the frailty of the Leafs, I think BLeP has a lot of potential to surprise the unwary.

And indeed I have noticed that Slowguy’s slow burn is heating up as he nears his separation date (not sure if that is the correct term). He seems acutely aware of his nearing freedom and possibilities. I think I’m jealous of both his wide open future and his accomplishments. To be 4th overall and wrapping up a solid career— it boggles the mind! How will he use his talents? America desperately needs non-insane Republicans, and I’m 80% sure he’s one. I guess if Slowguy doesn’t start another job right away, he might exert his political influence and move into 3rd before the 2024 election. I am optimistic.

But BLeP is in 7th, and he seems pretty normal and even fun.

The man wears Crocs. I’m wouldn’t go so far to say he is pretty normal.

But BLeP is in 7th, and he seems pretty normal and even fun.

The man wears Crocs. I’m wouldn’t go so far to say he is pretty normal.

Normal is relative.

I’ve been on here a long long time, I just don’t post much. Looking over those names brings back memories. Remember H2Ofun whose absolutely unbelievable lack of insight was only matched by his running greatness? Or Record10Carbon (“Chip”) bragging about spitting into a woman’s face because she said something bad about a dog? Or how about Duffy always cycling up and down, talking about what a bad ass he is with his martial arts etc? (That guy could be sort of scary, but best wishes to him.) Or The Big Kahuna whose greatness was only matched by his modesty? Then there’s Mr. Tibbs. Did he finally get that bike to that poor kid? I miss Mr. Tibbs a bit, but this was not necessarily a healthy place for him.

It seems like this forum and I’m sure most like it, can bring out the crazy. Congrats to Slowguy for somehow threading the needle and making it to the top seemingly without the baggage or outright nuttiness!

Edit: Dang, almost forgot Tom D. with his idiotic, try to increase your profile through any means possible, inane “what’s in your fridge?” posts along with “pushing” (I’ll save the vulgarities) his hot young wife on the forum with her famous riding an elephant crotch shot. (I think it was an elephant, it was definitely a crotch shot.)

Or Record10Carbon (“Chip”)

My favorite lack-of-self-awareness post by R10C was the one where he posted a long manifesto complaining about the high cost of high-end groupsets.

I’ve been on here a long long time, I just don’t post much. Looking over those names brings back memories. Remember H2Ofun whose absolutely unbelievable lack of insight was only matched by his running greatness? Or Record10Carbon (“Chip”) bragging about spitting into a woman’s face because she said something bad about a dog? Or how about Duffy always cycling up and down, talking about what a bad ass he is with his martial arts etc? (That guy could be sort of scary, but best wishes to him.) Or The Big Kahuna whose greatness was only matched by his modesty? Then there’s Mr. Tibbs. Did he finally get that bike to that poor kid? I miss Mr. Tibbs a bit, but this was not necessarily a healthy place for him.

It seems like this forum and I’m sure most like it, can bring out the crazy. Congrats to Slowguy for somehow threading the needle and making it to the top seemingly without the baggage or outright nuttiness!

Edit: Dang, almost forgot Tom D. with his idiotic, try to increase your profile through any means possible, inane “what’s in your fridge?” posts along with “pushing” (I’ll save the vulgarities) his hot young wife on the forum with her famous riding an elephant crotch shot. (I think it was an elephant, it was definitely a crotch shot.)

Fifty dollars to your charity of choice for anyone who can find that pic. (I don’t think this is horribly distasteful considering that he’s the one who posted it.)