Change frightens me

I’ll get used to whatever it is at some point but wow is this strange…

5 Likes

No no no no no no no.

No.

Oh my lord no.

4 Likes

This is just horrible

3 Likes

I like the reply button, but like all websites, they can’t stay the same forever.

1 Like

Agreed. I knew the change was happening, but still thought something was broken when I came here.

2 Likes

To be fair, the changeover was a little bumpier than we’d have hoped.

Still some more imports to come (e.g., DM history; the threads that had activity on Wednesday / Thursday that didn’t come over; etc.)

And then there’s tweaking to be done (like, do people want forum signatures back? If so, that’s something that requires a little customization of the platform to do).

5 Likes

I’m really liking the UI so far.

Finally figured out how to quote a reply and looks like you can do multi quote replies much more seamlessly.

Also - one thing I hope you don’t port over is username change history.

Another thing, do you have an example of what the profile header and user card background look like if you use it? A little confused what the user card background does.

1 Like

I think it’s great

So much faster

So many more options

Great

4 Likes

You can now see the changes made of edited posts. Guess I have to proofread my posts going forward.

I liked the forum signatures, gave some perspective on the poster or were funny.

5 Likes

People should take 30minutes, with an open mind, forget about the past and explore the capabilities or Discourse.

5 Likes

I used the search function and was able to find the Ashley Horner thread, so it passed that test; however any links to the thread gave me the “Oops” notice

But, she survived the transition

4 Likes

I’ll second the request to bring back signature lines. I think it gave great context to know when someone replying to your post is a Pro athlete or coach, and for the rest of us allows an opportunity to add personality

3 Likes

Not quite the same as a signature, but FYI you can fill in your profile photo, name, location, link, about, etc and that serves more or less the same purpose. A bit less discoverable than a signature embedded in each post – you need to click on the user for it to pop up.

1 Like

mega dislike. If you gotta keep it, I’ll adapt. Please say we dont’ gotta keep it

5 Likes

unnamed-2

Well, we’ve changed things. But the point stands.

2 Likes

Ummmm, you could’ve asked first, before you used ME as your example

1 Like

You had the most complete profile of the 3 that I checked so you got to be the example :grin: