Breaking up the Lavender Room

Religion
Politics
Sports
Pop Culture

That should cover about 95% of it.

1 Like

Can’t say it any better.

sign me up. Pop culture is above my paygrade. I’ll throw in some references to 60’s Hippie culture.

Bull
More Bull
Exclusive movie reviews
How do I?
Reddit

1 Like

They are not going to create a whole sub forum for Windy.

2 Likes

Well, except for:

-threads about hard times (family illness, deaths, etc)
-threads about non-political current events
-threads about cool stuff someone read in a study or on another website (i.e. black holes or the newest breakthrough in medicine)
-threads about New Year’s resolutions
-threads about the new guitar you bought this week
-threads about what we’re cooking/drinking tonight or what alcohol we prefer
-threads about GIFs
-threads about the NYT games we do daily to waste 5mins at work

and of course

-threads about how Valentine’s Day is a Satanic monstrosity that contributes to the global subjugation of gullible males to the untold horrors of romantic relationships with the Earth-bound demonesses that still haunt this festering plane of existence

1 Like

What’s a reddit?

It’s what happens to a normal it if you leave it outside without sunscreen.

1 Like

I’m not disappointed as much as I am sad. The thing about this place is the whole is greater than the sum of any one part. We just kinda skip threads we’re not interested in.

I don’t understand what you mean about the “endurance community.” There’s another forum for that type of support.

My weekend threads appear to be of value to others; my “resolutions” thread is of major value to me at least.

Can I have a category called Tigerchik’s Lavender Room for weekend threads and the resolutions stuff? I need this specifically to be called Tigerchik’s Lavender Room.

7 Likes

“But hopefully we can all manage to share a single space…well a single space plus the LR. We’ve always resisted calls for hyper-specific sub-forums. Hopefully our longevity is at least partial confirmation that a singular forum is better than silos.”

~ Moderator 2024 after the women’s room was axed.

2 Likes

thank you for putting my NY resolutions thread in there.
That thread REALLY helps me.

1 Like

The saddest place in the world

I see your post edit, B&P, and I love you for it

1 Like

“How many colors are there? That’s how many individual forums we should have.”

~ New Management 2024 after the forum redesign.

1 Like

Should just rename this place the Crayola Box

I guess I assumed if the LR is getting broken up, one of our new subforums will be a womens forum
:smiley:

2 Likes

That’s just gay.

It’s a decent start.

I would add:

Entertainment and arts (this is where Wordle and our reading threads would go)
Food and drink
Current events that are not politics
Relationships/Advice (slowguy’s Valentine’s Day rant could go here and this could encompass any kind of asking for advice, personal or house stuff or whatever)

1 Like

Cmon, where’s your pride in this place?

Honestly I think that’s too many. I hope they don’t break the LR up into a bunch of sub-forums that end up dying on the vine.

There have been a significant number of members that have already said they’re leaving. I say focus on survival first.

2 Likes