Another Home Project for me

So our bathroom has a toilet paper dispenser and the screw jacketed in a plastic sheath for one side has come out of the wall. I have looked at YouTube but before I do their suggestion I thought I’d ask here.

It’s probably time to move.

Just burn it down.

What was the YouTube suggestion?

I’d probably either move it up or down a couple inches or use a bigger dry wall anchor. And teach the wife to not lean on it so hard.

Self drilling plastic anchors are generally wider than traditional plastic anchors and will drill snuggly into the hole where the previous plastic anchor was.
.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqhSpEId30GW8-fybpF1vztqsUiF_hGWJJZ06UJixv_F2k0ey6sqzpN1TBl0eCn7ihf2uxMFhnYBtG1mQWlLmrVaEgxJU6uiAeO1MWL2lSG5zEf8q1hDLN-UP1qpDP_Q&usqp=CAc

He, at best will not be able to use TP in this house anymore. Here is a list of alternatives:

https://www.cottonelle.com/en-ca/tips-advice/bathroom-hygiene/toilet-paper-alternatives

Maurice

Toggle bolt.

Self drilling plastic anchors are generally wider than traditional plastic anchors and will drill snuggly into the hole where the previous plastic anchor was.
.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqhSpEId30GW8-fybpF1vztqsUiF_hGWJJZ06UJixv_F2k0ey6sqzpN1TBl0eCn7ihf2uxMFhnYBtG1mQWlLmrVaEgxJU6uiAeO1MWL2lSG5zEf8q1hDLN-UP1qpDP_Q&usqp=CAc

This. Or a toggle bolt.

https://www.thespruce.com/thmb/80K3n0XxRSz5Ec4xGr3KljkuXHk=/1847x1622/filters:fill(auto,1

So our bathroom has a toilet paper dispenser and the screw jacketed in a plastic sheath for one side has come out of the wall. I have looked at YouTube but before I do their suggestion I thought I’d ask here.

You are trolling us, right?

Haven’t you always wanted one of these so you can keep spare TP? You can find them at Home Depot. If you go into the parking lot, you can probably find someone to help you assemble it and load TP into it.

tpholder.jpg

My mortgage rate is too low

Just burn it down.

What was the YouTube suggestion?

I’d probably either move it up or down a couple inches or use a bigger dry wall anchor. And teach the wife to not lean on it so hard.

A big screw looking anchor, a toggle bolt, and using expanding glue.

Can’t move it because it’s a wallpapered wall and it was the child

Yep that was recommended

You are trolling us, right?

I’m looking for confirmation or an alternative

Best advice ever was the putty knife when my garage door was frozen to the ground

Yep that was recommended

FTR, this exact task was also on my list. This gave my the reminder to stop by the hardware store. Mission accomplished, worked like a charm if I do say so myself.

You want a cheap and sleazy fix, or do you wanna do it right?

Obviously, sheetrock anchors are not conducive to your household use, so I would recommend doing it right.

What is right? To me, get a board that matches your ‘decor’ - hardwood, pine, painted whatever, kinda depends on what and how you want it to match. Cut it (ha!) At about 18 inches, width to be determined by your preferred aesthetic. Well, presuming the 18 inch width will span two studs next to your shitter.

Then, I’d router some sorta edge to it that would look good. Mount that to the studs so it’s solid, then mount the TP holder to that. Lot’s of ways to make it all look good, fill the screw holes, etc, etc.

Why do you do this to yourself? Are you interested in getting better at this sorta thing, or are you just berated into taking these things on?

• Jeff

Why do you do this to yourself? Are you interested in getting better at this sorta thing, or are you just berated into taking these things on?

• Jeff

I enjoy it

• Jeff

I enjoy it
The berating from your better half?

Or trying to learn?

I’ll probably regret this, but what tools do you actually own?

• Jeff

Does this apparatus mount onto a baseplate which is attached to the wall with the fastener, or directly to the anchor?

• Jeff

I enjoy it

Or trying to learn?

• Jeff

The actual doing part.

I have a well pretty stocked tool box I got as a wedding present.

Garden tools

A power drill. An electric screw driver. Air compressor. Reciprocating saw. Feel like I’m forgetting some things

• Jeff

I enjoy it

Or trying to learn?

• Jeff

The actual doing part.

I have a well pretty stocked tool box I got as a wedding present.

Garden tools

A power drill. An electric screw driver. Air compressor. Reciprocating saw. Feel like I’m forgetting some things
Ho boy…