Another Home Project for me

Why do you do this to yourself? Are you interested in getting better at this sorta thing, or are you just berated into taking these things on?

• Jeff

I enjoy it
The berating from your better half?

Or trying to learn?

I’ll probably regret this, but what tools do you actually own?

• Jeff

The actual doing part.

I have a well pretty stocked tool box I got as a wedding present.

Garden tools

A power drill. An electric screw driver. Air compressor. Reciprocating saw. Feel like I’m forgetting some things
Ho boy…
Ok, so how fancy do you want it to look? How reliable of an install do you want it to be (how strong)?

Let’s first go with your expectations, and then give us insight into what you have available for tools, and we can go from there.

There’s honestly no reason that you cannot make this strong as shit AND look great, with your limited knowledge base snd tools, provided you want to put the time and effort in. There is a case to be made to putting it up dirty and quick to just get it done (and - seriously - that’s Ok), but if you want to do more, pretty sure we can get you there.

Lord knows it’s better than another political thread!

• Jeff

So our bathroom has a toilet paper dispenser and the screw jacketed in a plastic sheath for one side has come out of the wall. I have looked at YouTube but before I do their suggestion I thought I’d ask here.

You are trolling us, right?

I sincerely hope.

But while we’re soliciting help for things a middle schooler should be able to figure out, my low tire pressure light came on yesterday with the number 27 next to the front passenger side tire display. Any idea how to handle this?

So our bathroom has a toilet paper dispenser and the screw jacketed in a plastic sheath for one side has come out of the wall. I have looked at YouTube but before I do their suggestion I thought I’d ask here.

I sincerely hope.

But while we’re soliciting help for things a middle schooler should be able to figure out, my low tire pressure light came on yesterday with the number 27 next to the front passenger side tire display. Any idea how to handle this?

Pull the car over immediately. Switch off the engine. That should take care of the light.

I sincerely hope.

Pull the car over immediately. Switch off the engine. That should take care of the light.

Then set the car on fire to get rid of the “27” demon. That’s a dangerous one.

I sincerely hope.

It means that you have 27 days before it goes flat, you should be fine.

I sincerely hope.

It means that you have 27 days before it goes flat, you should be fine.

Well I figured out the problem, smart ass. There was a screw in the tire, appeared to be about 27mm long. I pulled it out with needle nose pliers, shoved a plastic wall anchor in the hole and screwed the screw it back in, filled it up with air and the light went off.

This isn’t rocket surgery, figure it out windy.

I sincerely hope.

Trade it in

Why do you do this to yourself? Are you interested in getting better at this sorta thing, or are you just berated into taking these things on?

• Jeff

I enjoy it
The berating from your better half?

Or trying to learn?

I’ll probably regret this, but what tools do you actually own?

• Jeff

The actual doing part.

I have a well pretty stocked tool box I got as a wedding present.

Garden tools

A power drill. An electric screw driver. Air compressor. Reciprocating saw. Feel like I’m forgetting some things

In that case… tear out the sheetrock, add in a few studs where the tp holder mounts, re-sheetrock, skim, prime, paint, and you will have a bombproof tp holder. You will learn some more skills.

JK, use sheetrock anchors.

It’s probably time to move.

There’s a one word answer to this problem, and I’m surprised everyone has missed it.

Bidet.

Well I figured out the problem, smart ass. There was a screw in the tire, appeared to be about 27mm long. I pulled it out with needle nose pliers, shoved a plastic wall anchor in the hole and screwed the screw it back in, filled it up with air and the light went off.

What are the odds that windy has needle-nose pliers in his well-stocked toolbox?

What are the odds that windy has needle-nose pliers in his well-stocked toolbox?
100%

100%

https://y.yarn.co/64f15e7a-9d72-406b-ae89-87dc7eade084_text.gif

Self drilling plastic anchors are generally wider than traditional plastic anchors and will drill snuggly into the hole where the previous plastic anchor was.
.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqhSpEId30GW8-fybpF1vztqsUiF_hGWJJZ06UJixv_F2k0ey6sqzpN1TBl0eCn7ihf2uxMFhnYBtG1mQWlLmrVaEgxJU6uiAeO1MWL2lSG5zEf8q1hDLN-UP1qpDP_Q&usqp=CAc

Yep that was recommended

That’s a quick fix but It will just happen again. Toggle bolt is better.

We should make a bet to see what will last longer: your TP holder or BleP’s tarp.

Replacing a failed drywall anchor is a “Home Project”?

Would explain your previous “How does one use a saw?” type posts, I guess.

Replacing a failed drywall anchor is a “Home Project”?

Would explain your previous “How does one use a saw?” type posts, I guess.

Anything that involves buying something and learning something I classify as a project

This has been successfully completed

For fuck’s sake, Windy: pucs or it didn’t happen.

At least twll us hwhich method you used to fix it! Enquiring minds, and all…

• Jeff

Self drilling plastic anchors

Unscrewed the holder took the old anchors of the wall

Tapped in the new anchors then screwed them in

Put holder and screws back on

Voila…probably 5 minute job

Then why did it take so long to complete?

Had to go to the store and buy the things. I did it over the weekend.