2026 70.3 World's annoucement Date?

I know it is a bit far off, but qualify for the 2026 worlds usually starts on July 1, 2025, so that’s only 10.5 months away and some races for next summer will open registration soon.

Any rumours of where? Feels like it is due to be back in Americas?

it is a bit far off, . . annoucement (sic) date?
2018 S Africa
2019 Nice
2021 St George
2022 St George
2023 Lahti, Finland
2024 Taupo
2025 Costa del Sol

I know it is a bit far off, but qualify for the 2026 worlds usually starts on July 1, 2025, so that’s only 10.5 months away and some races for next summer will open registration soon.

I looked all over and can’t find it. So I don’t think it has been announced, Calgary 70.3 is advertising early sign up for that race so you can get a 2026 world spot early in the season but where is the race??

Fingers crossed North America.

My votes for North America would be:

1. Coeur d’Alene
  2. Mont Tremblant

Runner ups
Sounds like 70.3 Maine and Michigan are pretty nice.
St George (just kidding, hah)

CDA is a world championship quality swim and bike course. The run course, they definitely could make it a little more epic as well. Lots of potential, only issue is getting the locals behind it around it late August/early September.

Would be pretty epic if they could take something like Lake Placid and make it 70.3 worlds, but they also seem to have their share of grumpy locals.

Ironman seems to smartly be focusing on chasing the places that want the place so badly they are willing to throw money at IM. Which is why we’ll end up with 70.3 World Rawanda or something.

1. Coeur d’Alene
  2. Mont Tremblant

Runner ups

CDA is a world championship quality swim and bike course. The run course, they definitely could make it a little more epic as well. Lots of potential, only issue is getting the locals behind it around it late August/early September.

Would be pretty epic if they could take something like Lake Placid and make it 70.3 worlds, but they also seem to have their share of grumpy locals.

Ironman seems to smartly be focusing on chasing the places that want the place so badly they are willing to throw money at IM. Which is why we’ll end up with 70.3 World Rawanda or something.

I would like west coast Nevada or west late oct / early nov. Lake Las Vegas again , San Diego.

1. Coeur d’Alene
  2. Mont Tremblant

Runner ups

I wouldn’t mind seeing Whistler making a comeback and they could probably manage to avoid the wrath of 5 local loudmouths if it is only a 70.3.

Heard they’re bringing back the Syracuse 70.3 course for Worlds

1. Coeur d’Alene
  2. Mont Tremblant

Runner ups

I wouldn’t mind seeing Whistler making a comeback and they could probably manage to avoid the wrath of 5 local loudmouths if it is only a 70.3.

Whistler would be an excellent venue and I believe the loudmouth locals were in Pemberton so the 70.3 would not even go there? Wouldn’t two loops from the village to Callaghan valley and back be sufficient to keep highway closure limited and not go down to Pemberton?

I think I would personally find Rwanda super interesting. Any rumours about Dubai or is that entire event dead and done?

😂

1. Coeur d’Alene
  2. Mont Tremblant

Runner ups

Whistler would be an excellent venue and I believe the loudmouth locals were in Pemberton so the 70.3 would not even go there? Wouldn’t two loops from the village to Callaghan valley and back be sufficient to keep highway closure limited and not go down to Pemberton?

I think I would personally find Rwanda super interesting. Any rumours about Dubai or is that entire event dead and done?

It will never be Rwanda in the current format (I have raced it, see my posts on that thread). The current location could not cater for the amount of athletes to stay there, let alone race on the bike course (a short 4 lap), so it would be another location in the country should the money be no object. Speaking to expats why work in Dubai, there seems to be no interest from TriDubai to resurrect that event.

1. Coeur d’Alene
  2. Mont Tremblant
    CDA is a world championship quality swim and bike course. The run course, they definitely could make it a little more epic as well. Lots of potential, . . I wouldn’t mind seeing Whistler making a comeback and they could probably manage to avoid the wrath of 5 local loudmouths if it is only a 70.3.Whistler would be an excellent venue . . . Wouldn’t two loops from the village to Callaghan valley and back be sufficient Any rumours about Dubai or is that entire event dead and done?Speaking to expats who work in Dubai, there seems to be no interest from TriDubai to resurrect that event.T100 in Dubai is locked in for 2024 (15-17 November) and 2025 with amateur racing alongside. I assume PTO is working with TriDubai!
    https://t100triathlon.com/dubai/participate/
    Given the numbers, any venue must have a single loop bike course and, if you have to have a split transition, keep the distance short (not like Cd’A). Also no contraflow (riders going opposite ways on a road, unless it’s a dual carriageway).

I’m with Dev. Whistler is the perfect venue. Plenty of accommodations and things to do. Relatively easy to get to. Very challenging bike course even without the climb back from Pemberton that was used for the full. The run was no picnic either. Not that it was necessarily hilly but it was a constant up and down without a lot of flat sections.

I’m with Dev. Whistler is the perfect venue. Plenty of accommodations and things to do. Relatively easy to get to. Very challenging bike course even without the climb back from Pemberton that was used for the full. The run was no picnic either. Not that it was necessarily hilly but it was a constant up and down without a lot of flat sections.

I am going to be so disappointed if its not Whistler now! Its a fairly big trip from the UK, I went there 8 years ago on my honeymoon and have been dying to go back, to tie in with 70.3 Worlds would be so epic!

I am going to be so disappointed if its not Whistler now! Its a fairly big trip from the UK, I went there 8 years ago on my honeymoon and have been dying to go back, to tie in with 70.3 Worlds would be so epic!

Whistler is an awesome venue (I did the full in 2014 and 2015), but perhaps this is just a bunch of us on ST wishing for the venue with no real validity. But the place can have a championship caliber bike and run course with a championshp caliber finish area and resort experience with reasonabley good flight connections and no more painful to get to from Europe than St. George (vegas) or from Asia or from South America.

I am heading to Penticton next weekend for the last IM race there (I am doing the 70.3). When Whistler was first announced, back around 2012 (for 2013), I felt it would be a far superior overall venue to Penticton, which I maintain to this date, (and I did Penticton full 6 times) , but Whistler was just too darn hard a course for full IM (I have to look at my files, but believe it had 2300m of vertical on run alone) . For half IM, a 1200-1300m vertical bike is just fine especially for championship.

But I think its just us making up fantasies about a Whistler venue!!! (short of me flying down to Tampa and pitching it and then getting on a plane to Vancouver an driving up to Whisteler and getting all the officials in Whistler to back it…seems like the wheels should have been in motion a year ago to make it happen)

I did the full in ‘13 and ‘14. The bike course was brutal at times but I loved it. It was just sadistic having that 20 mile climb to finish the bike course. I rode the Pemberton to Whistler final section a couple of days before the race in 2013 and was like, “This is going to absolutely destroy and demoralize people on Sunday.”

Whistler remains one of my favorite places on the planet.

Good to hear all these Canadian suggestions. I have a pet theory that Ottawa could actually be the venue, though in 2027 or 2028 since we still need an Asian or South American venue (or both) in the mix. Mostly on the idea that this is part of the deal to bring an IM to Ottawa and our mayor would work overtime on something like this.

Swim could be 1 lap of the proposed IM swim, though the bring on the bay route would be better

Bike would be 1x loop of Gatineau Park and would be worthy of a WC

Run would be 1x loop of the current proposed IM course

For a one off championship that could work, but if they are gonna swim in the Seine, the Rideau canal would be way better !!!

For a one off championship that could work, but if they are gonna swim in the Seine, the Rideau canal would be way better !!!

It would have to be in September to be in Canada which would take take people out of the ironman worlds ?

Whistler in Oct is not tri weather and Ottawa I imagine is not either.

They could do it in august in whistler as a lead in to Ironman worlds . replace the IMC date in whistler .

You know, that’s an interesting point and likely never to happen. But a full distance world championship in Nice and the half distance in Paris that works in the Olympic course? A triathlon tourist could dream can’t he? We might have been able to get away with it, if only WIlde didn’t crash out the France’s chances of a relay gold. Maybe the nation would have gone full triathlon crazy.

Marbella wasn’t confirmed until Jan 2024, so feel like we may have a while to wait yet for an announcement.