2024 Bike Racing Banter V2 ***Spoilers***

We’re back just in time for the CAN UCI races.

3 Likes

Glad to be here

Well, hello old friend…

1 Like

I saw where Primoz is racing Worlds. Question is does he go all in to help Pog win, or go with his own ambitions?

Nice to see you again

Slovenia will have a scary lineup— Ferris, Primo, Mohoric, Tratnik?

Right now (things could change) I’d wager Ferris vs Remco to decide it.

I was thinking of reducing my ST activity, but I think I will hang out here

1 Like

I’m not sure whether it’s cool they’ve created a sub-form just for cycling talk, or if I should feel like we’ve been banished to our own corner.

With a cycling specific forum, I suppose we just create threads for each event now? The “one cycling thread to rule them all” thing worked to keep our footprint small in the triathlon thread, but that’s kind of moot with an entire subforum dedicated to the topic.

2 Likes

at the same time, they label a front page article on a triathlete’s visit to the tunnel as cycling.

Today I tested a masters athlete on that track bike that won Olympic gold in TP. I wonder if we will get a track forum for that. Beautiful bike (and fast) BTW

does TT stuff fall under road cycling ? I would think so

this whole “upgrade” process has been interesting in many ways

2 Likes

Funny, I was thinking that I no longer need to visit the tri forum for any reason with this development.

1 Like

We could be banished but I’m fine with it. Did seem like a lot of lurkers were in the past cycling threads so I hope those who found it interesting find their way here.

Re: multiple threads, guess that’s something we should decide on. Personally I like the all-in-one because we’re typically carrying on about something or another between races. But that’s just my 2 cents, glad to go with whatever everyone prefers.

I was thinking of reducing my ST activity, but I think I will hang out here

this seems appropriate

1 Like

I’m not sure whether it’s cool they’ve created a sub-form just for cycling talk, or if I should feel like we’ve been banished to our own corner.

Given how tucked away this sub-forum is, it certainly feels like we’ve been kicked to off-the-back-ville

1 Like

I vote for all-in-one. The people, not the topic, is what’s important to me. Whether road, gravel, track, XC, CX, bikepacking, or beer, it’s the insight of those here that matters. Like I’m glad @marcag is giving the new thing a shot because his insider view is gold. Or echappists’ unparalleled command of classics history, or your and McNulty’s wit (leaving out a ton of great contributors).

I’d prefer we not have to visit 5-6 different subforums to keep the band together.

3 Likes

I think that’s a good thing! As long as we continue to get some fresh blood from people who accidentally wander in.

4 Likes

From a personal point of view, PLEASE go to sub threads. I’m a cyclist, but I don’t have time to visit Slowtwitch that much, and following the one big thread became impossible. As a result, despite cycling being my life, I rarely visited the cycling thread. If there were sub threads that were easier to follow personally I suspect I’d be way more active, and maybe others would be too?

Actually they are making it easier and easier.

somewhere at some point someone (clay?) gave us picks for Quebec today.
I also like De Lie - he has a LONG sprint and this finish drags on from the bottom of a Cosnefroy like 4-5 minute power throwdown.
other podium picks - i think Tadej won’t be able to help himself and Stevie Williams to back up his Fleche/Britain/Down Under breakthroughs.
dark horses for longer range - Healy (this dog hates crime), Gee (I thought about Bettiol now that he can break away with a different team).

interesting side entries: Brian the great Walton’s son gets a start / I’m super curious on best 'Murican with Worlds looming: I’m going Powless over Jorgenson - but watching the whole potential team - Sheff, August (does he even realize it’s Sept?), Vermaerke, Quinn Simm, Sean Quinn, new dude Schmidt, old guard Warbasse, Craddock…

I raced in Quebec (prob before any of old guard US riders above were born??) in tour de Beauce stages. Stunning old city (Euro feel) scenery though I was in WAY over my head in an international field in '92 Olympic year. I feel for the dudes who will be hanging on for dear life the last few laps up off the St. Lawrence to the city center.

2 Likes

Will anyone be live at the Montreal race ?