Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [aaburov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The hard cost would probably be in making the mold. However if this is same size and shape across any frame, I’d give it a go.

I’d need the file tho as I don’t have access to canyon to mock up myself.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I said 4x I meant cost. Spool is 500g and $40 where PETG is 1kg and $20.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Jnags7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I understood. I know nylon is expensive. After your post I looked up Petg and I think you're right about using that as the material.
I'm not an engineer or fabricator; just an architect. We use 3d printers for scaled models so PLA is all I ever use at work. I haven't had to deal with other materials. I got Nylon previously to play around with for bike parts.
I didn't type this post or the last very concisely, but it's Friday, and I'm exhausted. I don't have a speedmax but ill keep following to see what comes of this.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fuller wrote:
aaburov wrote:
Does anybody know what the official Canyon mount is made of?

Unobtainium...
This is too funny to not point it out. Genius! *thumbs up*
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [TCMiles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know your thread is old, but did you ever get the 3D printed rear water mount figured out? If so do you have a file for it?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lonniecdams wrote:
I know your thread is old, but did you ever get the 3D printed rear water mount figured out? If so do you have a file for it?

I actually did get a finished design. Unfortunately, it was at almost the exact time that Canyon got their mounts in stock. Therefore, I bought the mount from Canyon since it worked better for my setup with the Varia rear unit. I'll post a pic of the mount later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the shit quality. Uploading pics to slowtwitch is painful.
Last edited by: TCMiles: Apr 4, 19 18:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interested to see what kind of Varia mount you are using.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:
Very interested to see what kind of Varia mount you are using.

I'm using the stock Varia mount. It fits nicely between the Canyon bottle cage mount and the space on the seatpost. I actually had a problem with the Varia moving around while riding. With the rear mount, it holds it in place. Nice bonus!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a great set up for sure! Now if only I could get my hands on a bottle holder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That the setup that I had originally, but I've never been a fan of Garmin's attachment approach, doesn't feel very secure to me having a $200 device held in place by two rubber bands.

My seat post is up higher, so I was able to approach this by installing a Wolf Tooth B-RAD 3 slot mounting system with addition of a K-Edge Garmin mount.

On another note, how are you guys installing a single bottle cage. My Canyon Tri Bottle holder didn't come with any instructions and I haven't been able to find anything online. Initially I installed the angled bracket with a bottle cage, but the bottle wasn't completely sittitng in the cage, so I removed the angled bracket and installed the bottle cage straight.
Last edited by: bigsas: Apr 8, 19 7:35
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a solid setup, nice work.

I installed mine with the straight single bottle cage setup. Just used the 2 bolts to connect the bottle cage to the mount. I didn’t use either of the 2 additional brackets (single side angle or dual cage).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just checked the Canyon US site and they have the mounts available...

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
korus1409 wrote:

Cheers

Seems to have been out of stock again for quite a while.

Anyone made a call or heard anything from a rep?
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [westandrew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
westandrew wrote:
korus1409 wrote:

Cheers

Seems to have been out of stock again for quite a while.

Anyone made a call or heard anything from a rep?
When I ordered mine I just called them up, had it 2 days later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TCMiles wrote:
Sorry for the shit quality. Uploading pics to slowtwitch is painful.

Resurrecting this thread again as I think the Canyon tri bottle holder is a great aerodynamic option if you only need 1 rear mounted bottle. I'd like to get my hands on this but think it is obscene to pay 100 bucks for this simple piece.

Can you share the 3D printing file please? I have access to a carbon fiber printer and want to test this file out with different materials. I think the custom design looks just fine. As long as it fits snug and the bolt holes line up with a typical bottle cage, it should work as intended.

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [trifi3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello! great job! Could you send me the STL file? Thank you and have a nice ride!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't mean to pile on, but I also would like it, if you would please!
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [lubemupski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the delayed/lack of responses. I realized the Slowtwitch notifications were going to my junk folder, so I was never seeing them. If you want the file, shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send it over.
Last edited by: TCMiles: Oct 1, 20 15:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, if there is no problem, can I have the STL file too? Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TCMiles wrote:
Callin' wrote:
How is is fixed to the back of the bike/seat? Looks great btw. I'm interested to see the final product

The Speedmax has bolt bosses built into the back of the seapost. So it attaches with standard bottle cage bolts.

Is this the same with the Speedmax CF 7.0 (NOT the SLX)? I can't seem to find any documentation or closeups of how to mount them. My Speedmax CF 7.0 seems to have two holes in the back of the seatpost, which I'm assuming is where it attaches. Just confused because mine seems to have rubber inserts? I'm assuming that this is done to protect the threads, and is designed to be pulled out.

But, given how low that bottom screw is, I don't think I'd even have the clearance to be able to use the rear mount.

https://i.imgur.com/P0997BL.jpg
Last edited by: lavantgarde: Nov 11, 20 22:05
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Speedmax rear bottle cage mount [lavantgarde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t speak with 100% confidence because I don’t own a CF model, but for the SLX the 2 rubber plugs are meant to be removed to attach the rear bottle mount bolts. Your bottom hole looks just barely too low for the rear mount to work. If your bike fit allows it, raise the seatpost a few mm’s and it should work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that's what I figured, thanks. That's certainly what it looks like here. They're very difficult to get out though, gonna need tweezers or something. Canyon is out of stock of the holder anyway, so no point just yet. I ordered the Mistica rear cages instead: cheaper and no need to adjust the seatpost even if just a tiny amount.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TCMiles wrote:
PM sent

Anyone managed to get the file from TCMiles please ? :D

So looking forward to print it !

Got a race pretty soon and a bottle of water would be helpful :D

Thanks !
Quote Reply

Prev Next