Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you. The “this took years to happen and it may take years to reverse” is a new thought to me but it is some ways a very helpful thought.

I really appreciate the support.

Stay tuned for new thread tomorrow :)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: April fish: we have a lot of Free time [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got one more in on the last day of the month here, doing some longer rest stroke stuff, might do a meet this weekend if all the stars align:

2x(3x100buoy@1;40/2x100frog@2;00)buoys(1;27 to 1;20)frogs(1;54 to 1;48)
4x(150p@2;20/50stroke#1;10hard)pulls(1;59/57/57/57)fly(36)bk(40)brst(43)free(34)
4x(100frog@2;20/50stroke hard@1;10)frogs(1;50 to 1;48's)fly(34+)bk(39)brst(40)free(32)
2x(100p@2;00/50fly or back@1;30)pulls(1;17/16)fly(34)bk(38+)
4x50p@50(38/37/36/34+)
2900SCY in 59 minutes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
here's hoping the stars align for you!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did a medley set today first one in a while

3 rounds through of 3x200 (first round freestyle, backstroke, IM)

The order moves backwards each round

Got my backstroke feeling nice at the moment and doing 2-3 fly kicks off each wall. Leaning back with my head to not pop up too quick helping. But… Breastroke is bloody hard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I feel for you Allison, you should not be going through this kind of stuff at your age, it should be a thing 20 years from now at the earliest. All of us in our 60's and up know this dynamic, but we have had time and experience to deal with it mentally, not something for you to have to deal with. Just keep doing what appears to be the right thing, and realize it may take months, years to get back to your normal. Most likely it will come, you kids heal fast and have great recuperative powers, just have to give your body the time, space, and patience it needs..Great thing about us triathletes, is that when something is hurt or broken, we can often do the other thing to keep the wheels turning. Find some peace in that during this time and let the swimming just come back to you in its own time, dont rush it...

+1 to this..

my first serious run injury was 2 (two) months after starting regular run training, that was 50 years ago..
had many others run and swim since then, so far it's been possible to come back from all of them, with patience and a good PT (they're all good actually)
Dr T, we're all sending you healing thoughts..

my late update, two swims in Australia, one in a delightful 50m saltwater pool beachside at Scarborough near Perth, another in the ocean there.
Ocean swim the jellyfish got me in the armpit ow. That's why people prefer the pool I guess ;-)

Pool, 30x50m turns out to be much harder than 30x50yd. Also quite a few people in the fast lane who should not have been there, had to route around them or wait at start to let them get ahead. I was thoroughly jetlagged so didn't mind the wait.. ha.

Quote Reply

Prev Next