Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I am Big Kahuna [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
I have to give the pandemic a lot of credit for my success with this challenge. There has just not been anything else to do except train. No racing, no family get togethers, no holidays, no vacations. Now that I think about it this challenge has been a great distraction from the chaos going on around me. I guess I need a new challenge :)

What I found is I get 15-30 min extra training every day because every run or ride can be slightly longer because I can finish it and hang out in workout clothing on calls and other meetings. I don't have any business travel, no racing, no family events, nothing to do other than work and working out. Frankly when you only see your family all the time, no one is pulling for your time to spend time with them and not train and you need something to do when not with family members (well aside from aimless walks or just working more).
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just passed the 20K mark today. So just joined Herbert in the "old guys with flexibility to train" club. I have a different scenario...no kids, but leading a tech company thru this pandemic and the only time I am can take a break from work is during workouts since I have customers, employees and biz dev reps spread across 14 time zones now so work hours are really weird and hard to get away from....so it incentives me to just "drop it all and go train"...if not the next 45 min, 60 min, 90 min, 120 min, work will fill it in. So training during the pandemic has been a sanity maintenance outlet!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! It's a big achievement and even more so working a full time job. Take the weekend off; you deserve it ;)
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yikes! I believe I fat fingered the Leave button on my phone as I am no longer in the challenge. Do I have a way to rejoin with my accumulated points?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes you can just rejoin
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I often fast walk (to make sure my glutes fire) and I count that, after all it is the running pace of others. Last night 4.18 miles (4.21 strava corrected) in 53:36 minutes. (12:44 pace)

devashish_paul wrote:
I just passed 800 hrs for the year after this morning's 5000m swim + 5000m run!

swim 222 hrs 661km
bike 259 hrs 7564km
run 259 hrs 2726km
other (rowing machine) 22 hrs
weights 9 hrs (I guess I have been slack
XC skiing 27 hrs

Total 800 hrs

The ST training log converted all this to 19400pts. I don't count walks and I don't count some rides that are transport where my intensity is not much different than walking.

This is the earliest time in the last 15 years that I got over 800 hrs since 800 hrs is along the lines of a sold year for me (730 hrs is 2 hrs per day every day of the year).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TJ56 wrote:
Congratulations! It's a big achievement and even more so working a full time job. Take the weekend off; you deserve it ;)

haha...if I take time off of training, I will just work, or spend time on ST....so better for everyone's sanity including my own if I unplug from the internet and watch the black line at the bottom of the pool or the pavement in front of me during 100/100
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
And maybe I can retire now for he rest of the year. :-)

Heck no you can't!

So, ladies and gents, I need an icon for this. I'm going to put the icon and gold/silver/bronze medals into this challenge so it correctly reflects what you're tracking towards, and I need one for the mythical 20k!

-Eric
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [EricTheBiking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EricTheBiking wrote:
Herbert wrote:
And maybe I can retire now for he rest of the year. :-)

Heck no you can't!

So, ladies and gents, I need an icon for this. I'm going to put the icon and gold/silver/bronze medals into this challenge so it correctly reflects what you're tracking towards, and I need one for the mythical 20k!

-Eric

Quote Reply

Prev Next