Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I am Big Kahuna
Quote | Reply
And maybe I can retire now for he rest of the year. :-)

But oh well I still have a 12 hour running race in early December.
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations! Hope to join you soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeez - for a minute I thought you'd posted this in the wrong forum and were outing yourself as a conservative blowhard!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [TJ56] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - then let us call it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats. We need Randy to issue finisher medals and qualifier slots to the Big Kahuna world championships (where you see how many aerobic points you can lot in 24 hrs....)
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is the person just ahead of me?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw that you are right at the top. Hot damn! That is pretty bad ass. Keep at it!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes you are and a most worthy representative! I hope to join you but it’s going to come down to the wire for me!

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You all are awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just looked at my log 794 hrs total. Its almost an even split between swim bike run in terms of hours. Swim is a bit lower because I had zero swim for 13 weeks and run hours got higher. Next 6 weeks bike will be very low and swimming may close the gap on bike. Run should be the most hours this year due to 100/100 coming up so I will be forced to run (probably a good thing since I gained 7 lbs this end of August due to sitting too many hrs in my home office and not going out for walk breaks outside of training).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me it is very heavy running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rest of the year, I will be trying to hit 25km swim per week and whatever running I do 5-7 days per week. We have a "private" 10,000m swim event where one of the guys is renting a local pool and he is doing a "by invite only" session of people who can get 10,000m swim done. I am aiming for 25x400IM on 8 minutes (3:20). Last year I did 3:27 total. Let's see.

@Randy....we just need to get you on the 25km per week swimming program and you're over the line!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats! I'm the guy just ahead of you.

I think last year I got to 23k points. This year a bike crash where I broke my shoulder blade made me fully rest for 6 weeks... And then add that I'm missing 400km of swimming due to pools being closed
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those numbers are impressive with a six week shutdown. Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So...what's the reference? The 100k virtual race? Or something else?

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [anakinpm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I said person in front of me because I was not sure if male or female. :-)

Your riding is amazing and the number of points super awesome. If I were not a stay at home dad with treadmill and Wahoo Kickr in easy reach - that 20,000 number would have been hard to reach.

But luckily just returned from a 9 mile run outside and got to swim twice this week.
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What reference? Big Kahuna? It is a challenge.

And my upcoming 12 hour race is not virtual. Goal is at least 100k and see where that ends me up overall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly I never clicked on the thread for the Slowtwitch challenge because I had no idea what this was

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Big_Kahuna_10%3A_ST_Annual_Workout_Point_Challenge_P7117618/?search_string=big%20kahuna#p7117618

And I've been here for 3 years now.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Yeah - then let us call it

I'm calling it; I am Big Kahuna!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice job! I believe there are going to be t-shirts. You'll have to make sure to post a picture.
I should be able to hit silver.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shirts will be great! There's been a shirt, medal, and race pic shortage this year :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you only get a shirt for Big Kahuna level, not anything else. I believe that was decided by whomever started this nonsense in January.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I am Big Kahuna [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just passed 800 hrs for the year after this morning's 5000m swim + 5000m run!

swim 222 hrs 661km
bike 259 hrs 7564km
run 259 hrs 2726km
other (rowing machine) 22 hrs
weights 9 hrs (I guess I have been slack
XC skiing 27 hrs

Total 800 hrs

The ST training log converted all this to 19400pts. I don't count walks and I don't count some rides that are transport where my intensity is not much different than walking.

This is the earliest time in the last 15 years that I got over 800 hrs since 800 hrs is along the lines of a sold year for me (730 hrs is 2 hrs per day every day of the year).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to give the pandemic a lot of credit for my success with this challenge. There has just not been anything else to do except train. No racing, no family get togethers, no holidays, no vacations. Now that I think about it this challenge has been a great distraction from the chaos going on around me. I guess I need a new challenge :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next