Your most-watched movie

What is it; good faith estimate of how many times have you seen it; any additional context you may think relevant or worth sharing.

Doesn’t have to be every minute for a re-viewing to count, but has to be decision to watch, and call it 35% of movie has to be viewed. So watching for 5 min in waiting room at dentist doesn’t count, but having the second half of a film on while winding down in a hotel room after a long day does count.

Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory… literally no clue… over 10 for sure

College, we do a movie night, in 1 dorm we probably have 15 ish people… about 5 min in, someone sitting by me, goes, we don’t need the sound on Dave can just do the whole movie…

Candy is Dandy but liquor is quicker.

Did you know Gene Wilder had 1 requirement before he accepted the role? he wanted to come out limping in the opening scene and fall into a forward somersault. They said yes, we got Gene and great introduction to Willy Wonka.

Gene Wilder kept his Alzheimer’s out of the public, cause he felt kids should never think of Willy Wonka with that disease.

Grampa Joe, was legally blind, Mustard? gas attack WW1 they had a red light that he followed so he knew where to look when filming.

The danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing…

I know a worse one.

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wises men

So much time so little to do.

That pipe doesn’t lead to the marshmallow room. it goes to the fudge room.

She was a bad egg.

Well, Mr. Salt finally got what he wanted. – whats that – Veruca went first.
Dang it… I need to watch that movie again…

I have heard good things about the newest Wonka movie also.

Question - what percentage of total run time (minus ads) must be on within earshot to constitute having “watched” it?

Question - what percentage of total run time (minus ads) must be on within earshot to constitute having “watched” it?

Per the OP, 35%. Ish. More of a guideline than a rule. Gestalt is you made a conscious decision to watch it/not change the channel, and you watched a significant chunk of it.

A fine choice, but “over 10”…?

https://y.yarn.co/ea459458-b470-441b-9d50-7d86395bb81a_text.gif

Per the OP, 35%. Ish. More of a guideline than a rule. Gestalt is you made a conscious decision to watch it/not change the channel, and you watched a significant chunk of it.

Fair conditions and thanks for not demeaning my reading skills - no snark intended. Glossed over that bit.

The Godfather

Wizard of Oz, maybe 10-12 times. It came on TV every year in my youth. It was something of an event, especially after we got a color TV.

Fair conditions and thanks for not demeaning my reading skills.

The Godfather

Impressive, given nearly 3 hr running time.

I think I’ve only watched it end to end once or twice. When I run on to it I’ll watch a scene or two but to really dig in is a commitment

Deliberately, The Natural. Probable in my Top 3, if not favorite movie. Have easily seen it > 20 times in my life. Most recent was on plane trip this summer when it was offered.

Shawshank is a close second, with almost as many watches. If I am flipping around and it is on (have SLING), I am locked in.

Fair conditions and thanks for not demeaning my reading skills.

The Godfather

Impressive, given nearly 3 hr running time.

I think I’ve only watched it end to end once or twice. When I run on to it I’ll watch a scene or two but to really dig in is a commitment

It’s on the eyeroll list - as in, 'I can’t believe he’s watching that again '. Given the parameters, it’s about an hour net quasi-attention. Close race with several others which are somewhat hampered by broadcast frequency.

Wizard of Oz, maybe 10-12 times. It came on TV every year in my youth. It was something of an event, especially after we got a color TV.

You and DavHamm, topping out at a bit over ten - interesting.

Maybe it was just me and my unimaginative friends. But 10 seems low to me.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Real Genius, we watched those at sleepovers or just hanging out probably 10 times each before we even hit high school. We wore those VHS tapes out.

You do know 100 is over 10… I literally have no clue, but I have owned the vhs, the video disc, the dvd, and the blue ray additions.

Yeah Wizard of Oz is probably my 2nd most watched, and yeah just from tv viewings in my youth would get it close to 20.

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Real Genius, we watched those at sleepovers or just hanging out probably 10 times each before we even hit high school. We wore those VHS tapes out.

Yeah I would say Ferris Bueller is probably in the 10 range.

10 is a non-movie watcher’s number of movie viewings.

I couldn’t possibly pick which movie I’ve seen the most times, but I’ve definitely seen some of the Star Wars movies, Jason Bourne movies, Marvel movies, Wes Anderson movies, Oceans (11, 12, 13) and plenty of comedies multiple dozens of times each.

Navy deployments help build those reps, but even if you just tune into cable tv on the weekend you could watch Ironman a dozen times a month if you wanted.

Dr. Zhivago, many , many time. Really love it.
Top gun, the first one. When it came out decades ago I was in the stage of my life where I could watch it over and over again.

Is there a special category for parents? I think I must have made it into the dozens with Pixar movies, especially Finding Nemo and Toy Story 1 and 2.

Okay trying to come up with estimate, figure it aired in 74 - 84 (VHS came out) probably saw it 5 times on tv… then we hit the VHS and high school, probably 5 -10 times, the next few years. by 89 I had pretty much the whole movie memorized (enough to act along with it in the dorm room) So I am probably low in the number of times watched in the middle 80’s. then maybe once every couple of years from college till kids so another 10 ish? then once kids got older watched with them, probably another 20? times… again no real fricken clue… so what do these add up to… 5+8+10+20 = so thats 42… oh and that would be 100% watching… Sorry I don’t count the kids watching as I walk through the room and throw out a few lines… or while cooking dinner etc…

Does that make you feel better? then again, it could be 20 or it could be over 100… No clue.

Kind of like asking how many times have you seen your wife, or your parents.

You do know 100 is over 10… I literally have no clue, but I have owned the vhs, the video disc, the dvd, and the blue ray additions.

So I’m told. Not super responsive to the substance of the question though :slight_smile:

Is there a special category for parents? I think I must have made it into the dozens with Pixar movies, especially Finding Nemo and Toy Story 1 and 2.

I think that’s a fair ball, but as you say - special category. We’ve watched some kids movies a lot between our son and nieces/nephews