X is suing companies for not advertising on the platform

https://apnews.com/article/x-sues-advertisers-unilever-cvs-mars-orsted-673d1ae88e9fb0ca5b170d238739453e

So to be clear…

Musk previously told advertisers who warned him that they would pull their advertising unless he made some changes:

“Go. Fuck. Yourself. Is that clear? I hope it is.”

Advertisers leave X (presumably fucking themselves in the process… unconfirmed).

Musk: “I WILL SUE YOU FOR NOT ADVERTISING ON X!!!”

I guess they’re going after the anti-collusion claims. No clue what’s true or not and what “evidence” will be uncovered.

Either way he doesn’t exactly play nice lol. Make your bed kinda thing.

I guess they’re going after the anti-collusion claims. No clue what’s true or not and what “evidence” will be uncovered.

I don’t think anti-collusion laws apply here when costumers are deciding not to buy someone’s product. Anti-collusion laws apply for competitors, not customers. Because the laws are to prevent anti-competitive business practices. There is no anti-competive behavior here.

It is obvious that this lawsuit is BS, because there is no legitimate reason to file this lawsuit in a tiny town in North Texas.

He basically said “I don’t want you business”

They said “ok”.

Now he’s upset because they listened to him.

He unstable.

He basically said “I don’t want you business”

They said “ok”.

Now he’s upset because they listened to him.

He unstable.
From the link you provided it says the specifics of the case are from details early on, about a year before he told them to fuck off.

Musk is the paradigm of the guy who has one good, successful, idea, and thinks that because of that he is a genius polymath.

He’s an asshole.

I don’t think anti-collusion laws apply here when costumers are deciding not to buy someone’s product. Anti-collusion laws apply for competitors, not customers. Because the laws are to prevent anti-competitive business practices. There is no anti-competive behavior here.

It is obvious that this lawsuit is BS, because there is no legitimate reason to file this lawsuit in a tiny town in North Texas.

Makes sense to me. I have no idea about these kinds of things and no dog in this fight.

I was just commenting on things I read in the article.

Musk is the paradigm of the guy who has one good, successful, idea, and thinks that because of that he is a genius polymath.

He’s an asshole.

Seems like a fair assessment.

He’s an asshole.

Even his own daughter agrees he is an asshole.

He’s an asshole.

What was Elon’s one good idea? It seems to me that he used his father’s money to buy in to good ideas and then force the founders out.

He’s an asshole.

What was Elon’s one good idea? It seems to me that he used his father’s money to buy in to good ideas and then force the founders out.

his great idea was picking good parents.

anyway, this case may or may not have merit. but at this point i’ll openly say that i hope X loses, even though i still use that platform, simply because musk has become such a hateful character and i’d like see him lose some money.

The real question is when are news outlets going to stop referring to it as ‘X, formerly known as Twitter’. Just call it X. Everyone knows what it used to be.

The whole thing kind of reminds me of this:

https://variety.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/prince-symbol-meaning.jpg?w=1000

The executive team at SpaceX apparently has a weekly dedicated meeting for making up bs tasks to keep Elon busy and out of the way. This didn’t used to be the case, I think something really has changed / come loose.

He’s an asshole.

Apartheid?

He had two decent ideas: he created a city guide website with his brother and Greg Kouri that Compaq bought for $300M. Then started an online bank that merged with Peter Thiel’s online bank to make PayPal, ebay bought that for $1.5b.
THEN he just used that money to take over companies.

He’s an asshole.

I would make this slight modification - Musk is the paradigm of the guy who has one good, successful, idea and a rich dad.

He’s an asshole.

That is mostly true but for years he has a real knack for selling ideas. He was able to gain a following that translated into sales and exposure for his companies. Of course since then he’s really lost it.

The real question is when are news outlets going to stop referring to it as ‘X, formerly known as Twitter’. Just call it X. Everyone knows what it used to be.

He can’t make us call it X. We need to all just keep calling it what it is, Twitter.

He can’t make us call it X. We need to all just keep calling it what it is, Twitter.

X is such a stupid name.

X is such a stupid name.

I’d say it’s about on par with Twitter.

X is such a stupid name.

I’d say it’s about on par with Twitter.

Twitter was dumb but then tweets made a modicum of sense. What are posts on X called? Xs?