Woman break 29 minutes in the 10k (WR)

22-year-old Agnes Ngetich from Kenya became the first female to run under 29 minutes for 10K, breaking the world record in 28:46 at a road race in Valencia, Spain, with another world record of 14:13 for 5K at the halfway point.

419132458_122112362696168574_3238767710018397864_n.jpg

As Lance would say: not normal

neither athletics kenya nor the valencia race management have been covering themselves in glory, lately. i’ll need a shovelful of salt for this one.

No supershoe

Valencia race management? How come?

I could be out to lunch, but I like to keep the same level of suspicion for all endurance athletes and not just Kenyan’s.

On a separate note, those look like the “standard” Adios Pro 3 shoes and not the newer ones EVO 1?

It does seem as if runners wearing Adidas now have more records than those in Nikes. Interesting.

Man, the best from Coach Ma’s army with her turtle soup and caterpillar fungus would almost have been lapped. Crazy the progression.

Oh wait, it wasn’t the turtle soup and caterpillar fungus, but revealed two decades later to be EPO and widespread state sponsored doping regimen. Still the best of them would have almost been lapped. Crazy.

This might just be the beginning of a new era in clean sports. Imagine what they will achieve when they start measuring their anal temperature and their lactic acid.

I could be out to lunch, but I like to keep the same level of suspicion for all endurance athletes and not just Kenyan’s.

On a separate note, those look like the “standard” Adios Pro 3 shoes and not the newer ones EVO 1?

It does seem as if runners wearing Adidas now have more records than those in Nikes. Interesting.

valencia marathon and their relationship with spanish antidoping has been a hot topic in the last couple of weeks. a lot of dirty tricks are alleged.

as for kenya, they’ve had such a wave of positives in recent years that they were nearly banned (like, a russia-style blanket ban for the whole country) from the rio olympics. they avoided that but are still listed as “highest risk” by world athletics.

it’s all a shame. i’ve lived in spain and kenya and have soft spots for both places. in kenya in particular i was running a fair deal - lived a few doors down from eliud in eldoret and used to do boot camps in iten all the time. stuff was already getting dodgy back then but post-covid it seems like it’s kicked into overdrive.

valencia marathon and their relationship with spanish antidoping has been a hot topic in the last couple of weeks. a lot of dirty tricks are alleged.

as for kenya, they’ve had such a wave of positives in recent years that they were nearly banned (like, a russia-style blanket ban for the whole country) from the rio olympics. they avoided that but are still listed as “highest risk” by world athletics.

your article reads like valencia gets rid of corrupt drug testers that are investigated by wada

Valencia Marathon Trinidad Alfonso and Valencia Half Marathon Trinidad Alfonso Zurich have decided not to enter into new contracts for anti-doping tests with CELAD until full investigations into the alleged irregularities have been made and the findings published. An administrative investigation will be carried out by WADA, the international anti-doping body

so what is your accusation …

Seems as if Kenyan athlete’s haven’t figured out how to implement these “training methods” without getting caught. They need to develop the “Kenya Method” :wink:

Seems as if Kenyan athlete’s haven’t figured out how to implement these “training methods” without getting caught. They need to develop the “Kenya Method” :wink:

And get really meticulous about the ‘science’ behind it all.

No supershoe

false.

Adidas Takumi Sen 10 has carbon rods like the evo pro.

spicy comment. love it.

no one can name a more iconic olympic spectacle than the kenyan distance runners. australian freestylers, belgian and dutch cyclists, russian figure skaters… nah can’t touch the kenyan runners… scandinavian multi sporters… what

she had a male pacer, you see him pointing where to go and looking at his watch

https://youtu.be/5wyl13ODRvQ?si=lCU8ukG3TQfjtNhC

Hell, that’s faster than my stand alone 5k pace now. Not to mention a faster pace than I can maintain on a 10k today. She could literally lap me at that speed.

And get really meticulous about the ‘science’ behind it all.

I thought their secret was just long slow runs in super shoes and rice and beans for breakfast?

What foam does it have though? The carbon rods/plate are a minimal part of what makes a shoe special, essentially negligible if it has a standard foam, as seen in the hoka shoes

What foam does it have though? The carbon rods/plate are a minimal part of what makes a shoe special, essentially negligible if it has a standard foam, as seen in the hoka shoes

Hoka was the only brand lame enough to do that for their top racing shoe

The Takumi has the same superfoam as the Adios Pro 3. It’s the same shoe with slightly less stack. At launch it was touted as a 5k/10k version of the Pro 3.

it’s all a shame. i’ve lived in spain and kenya and have soft spots for both places. in kenya in particular i was running a fair deal - lived a few doors down from eliud in eldoret and used to do boot camps in iten all the time. stuff was already getting dodgy back then but post-covid it seems like it’s kicked into overdrive.

though, Kenyans didnt win much on track competitions recently.
it sounds funny but maybe it is part of the strategy :wink:

Sorry guys, but I stopped believing any new Kenyan / Eritrean running records.

Maybe I was too naive before, but the whole Collin’s case made me dig into the mechanics of both EPO dosing and imperfections of testing protocols. Race testing isn’t enough, by far.