Why does TFG keep saying “I don’t need your votes”

I know, I know… MSNBC… Rachel Maddow…

Think what you want of her, she makes a good case for why TFG keeps telling people that he doesn’t need their votes.

Chaos is the plan.

https://youtu.be/…?si=th5OGmn78z0hAk6t

i saw where laura ingraham tried to let trump clean this up last night and he refused to do so. doubled and tripled down on it and if laura ingraham is the rachel maddow of the right i will say that she has an occasional independent streak and i’ll be interested in seeing what she has to say about this.

a long time ago, maybe a decade ago, i posted a question here on the LR: what is america to you? (mostly.) is it a physical place? or is it an idea? does the idea preeminent? do borders change but the idea remains the same? or is the place the thing, and the idea is malleable?

i guess i would as MAGAs that question because i think i know how the rest of us would answer that.

it tracks, but why would he telegraph it this far out?

it only complicates his cunning plan if his voters in fact stay home

He’s an imbecile?

and if laura ingraham is the rachel maddow of the right

Premise not granted. Different stratospheres.

He’s an imbecile?

stupidity + arrogance =

IMG_4745.jpeg

and if laura ingraham is the rachel maddow of the right

Premise not granted. Different stratospheres.

True, but there was one part of that video that bothered me. Maddow kept using the word weird. She’s clearly doing that on purpose as that is the Dems new attack word.

Yes, telling voters that you don’t need their vote is fucking weird. Just get a thesaurus and use a different word instead of sounding like a Dem party shill.

Haven’t watched the full video yet but I’m standing by my original assessment of these comments.

Trump doesn’t care much about what happens in politics or government beyond his reelection (read: get-out-of-jail-free card) and he’s projecting that in his campaign events. Trust me, everything will be great, just vote one more time–for me–and you (read: he) will be set for life. Oh and also if you don’t it’s the end of the Republic.

He’s not staying in power after another term if elected. He’s not planning to be king for life. He wants a soft prison-free landing with an adoring cult following singing his praises well into senile oblivion. But he needs this vote just this one more time to make that happen. After that you’re on your own.

Haven’t watched the full video yet but I’m standing by my original assessment of these comments.

Trump doesn’t care much about what happens in politics or government beyond his reelection (read: get-out-of-jail-free card) and he’s projecting that in his campaign events. Trust me, everything will be great, just vote one more time–for me–and you (read: he) will be set for life. Oh and also if you don’t it’s the end of the Republic.

He’s not staying in power after another term if elected. He’s not planning to be king for life. He wants a soft prison-free landing with an adoring cult following singing his praises well into senile oblivion. But he needs this vote just this one more time to make that happen. After that you’re on your own.

Watch the video. I am not talking about the “you won’t need to ever vote again” nonsense.

He keeps saying “I don’t need your vote, we have enough votes”. It’s that part that’s concerning.

And Maddow explains why you should be concerned.

Post election chaos.

who is ‘TFG’

who is ‘TFG’

That former guy.

That felonous guy.

That fucking guy.

Take your pick.

TFG tells folks exactly what he thinking and what he’s going to do - and this is likely something MAGAs like about him.

He grabs women by the pussy because he can.
He’s going to ‘govern’ like a dictator.
He’s going to win in 2024 even if he ‘loses’ the vote.
He’s going to put Liz Cheney in front of a military tribunal.
etc.

TFG tells folks exactly what he thinking and what he’s going to do - and this is likely something MAGAs like about him.

etc.

Yeah, the comparisons to Hitler keep ringing more and more true.

etc.

I think it’s a stronger comparison to an autocrat like Putin . . . neither Putin nor Trump are ideologues like Hitler.
Trump’s handlers have him convinced they can get him in the Oval Office one way or another.

I know, I know… MSNBC… Rachel Maddow…

Think what you want of her, she makes a good case for why TFG keeps telling people that he doesn’t need their votes.

Chaos is the plan.

https://youtu.be/…?si=th5OGmn78z0hAk6t

OK, so let’s say that these election officials refuse to certify the votes, apparently so there can be no slate of delegates.

What can Biden do (with his Presidential Immunity for acts within his job), and/or what can Harris do as the person who is supposed to preside over the counting of the votes and certifying the election?

If they don’t do their jobs, should it be apparent that Harris has won, I don’t see Biden leaving office. They aren’t going to move out and let Trump move in.

etc.

The German guy didn’t like women in that way; as far as we know, anyway

Mussolini, on the other hand (so to speak) …

At no point have I said that this is a smart plan or that this will work.

I have said it will cause chaos.

Watch the video. I am not talking about the “you won’t need to ever vote again” nonsense.

He keeps saying “I don’t need your vote, we have enough votes”. It’s that part that’s concerning.

Post election chaos.

I take, “I don’t need your vote” as an attempt to sound confident knowing the people in the crowd are still going to vote for him. I take, “you’ll never have to vote again” as him not caring at all about the 2028 election. Get out and vote for me this one time, and I’ll never ask you again sort of thing. Who the hell knows though, we can’t ever get a journalist to try to pin him down on any of his gibberish.

Post election chaos.

I take, “I don’t need your vote” as an attempt to sound confident knowing the people in the crowd are still going to vote for him. I take, “you’ll never have to vote again” as him not caring at all about the 2028 election. Get out and vote for me this one time, and I’ll never ask you again sort of thing. Who the hell knows though, we can’t ever get a journalist to try to pin him down on any of his gibberish.

I took it to mean, if you vote for me now I’ll magically fix everything so you’ll be in power forever and never have to vote again.

Of course I didn’t see the actual quote about “we have enough votes” already…