When water temperatures drop below 60.8°F (16°C), deboer wetsuits become mandatory, keeping athletes safe and legal..........Really?

Our local lake Couer D’Alene is still 52 according to lake monster. 70.3 is 2 weeks out but we have warm days ahead. Planning a OWS this weekend, hopefully.

Ive never heard until now: “When water temperatures drop below 60.8°F (16°C), deboer wetsuits become mandatory, keeping athletes safe and legal”

Just read this online and was surprised a bit. Maybe I should read all the IM rules when I register!

Sure hope we get up to 60.8 because I have a Roka :frowning:

Our local lake Couer D’Alene is still 52 according to lake monster. 70.3 is 2 weeks out but we have warm days ahead. Planning a OWS this weekend, hopefully.

Ive never heard until now: “When water temperatures drop below 60.8°F (16°C), DeBoer wetsuits become mandatory, keeping athletes safe and legal”
Just read this online and was surprised a bit. Maybe I should read all the IM rules when I register!
Sure hope we get up to 60.8 because I have a Roka :frowning:

I think the rule is simply that wetties are required when the T is below 16C (60.8F). Any brand can be used not just DeBoer.

54 degrees today, will warm up with the temps this week. The lake hasn’t flipped yet as they are still letting water out of PF dam. Once the lake flips, it will warm up nicely. There is a group swimming Sanders this Saturday at 7, I’ve been out a couple of times, it’s chilly but fine. Interesting promotion there with deBoer