What's your TT bar angle? (Poll)

Everyone will be slower/faster with varying angles of their aero bars and other factors involved in the fit process.
But…just as a non-official poll, wondering what the majority out there are set at. Seems 15 degrees is pretty common.

I’ll go first. I’m at 15 degree
(Brezza Unlimited TT bars from WattShop w/ability to go from 5-25 degree using the same adjustable spacer.)
Whatch’ya got yours set to?

10deg.

15 degrees. Mainly for comfort over long distance - not sure it gives me any aero benefits or not - but it might do. Standard round poles nothing fancy.

Interesting in LS latest video he reckons the angle madeittle difference to CDA, in which case I’ll stick with 15°, so much more comfortable than flat hands

Used to be almost flat but recently changed the aero bars and I’m at 15 degree.

I currently have an arm angle of around 20-25 °, mainly for comfort. Used to be on 10° but found that had a difficult time relaxing my shoulders.

This is by using 30° round poles from USE.

It sounds like 15 is the requirement to win one’s AG in AZ and qualify for Kona. Congratulations.

I am currently flat with Cervelo EX11 bars. What is the best way to get them to 15 degrees?
Thanks,

25 degrees. It’s super comfy for me. I loved moving to tilted bars, once I go more than 25 degrees I feel like I am sliding down the elbow pads.

Giant Trinity Pro with 25deg Aerocoach tilt blocks. I flipped the skis left-to-right too to get them as close together as well. With the tilt and and the proximity of the areobars, I’m able to get my shoulders right up to my ears.

EX10 cockpit swap

Jeroen

15, tried higher but found that it was worse ti get my head down. Came from something like 3-4 degrees six-seven years ago but changed to 15 about five years ago.

Jeroen

14 degrees at the moment; I was using the default 21 degrees for a few rides on this new bike until I saw the previous LS video aero testing on the road and exchanged a few messages w Marcag - then went down to 14.
(Trek SC SLR w Ascalon extensions)

If I do some aero testing next spring, I’ll test 14 vs 21 degrees.

Interesting. Have you come up with a solve for your “sliding” down the arm cups? There are Tri Rig scoops which have a closed back or Revolver closed back arm cups…not many out there. These may help.

Interesting to see so many at 20 degrees!

Buy an angled spacer. The new Watt Shop seems a decent design vs their original (which I have and is a nightmare to take apart for a bike box and put back). You can adjust to a variety of angles to try out. Or, buy a single 15 degree spacer or stem. It familiar with EX10 but have you checked with Cervelo for recommendations?

I was at 20 or a little more (arm cups at like 23, but my effective arm angle is more around 20) for most of the summer. I had slid up for comfort and ease of holding aero longer from probably 17 or so last fall. I’ve tried everything from 5 to 25 degrees in the last 4 years. I think I had lost a little aero in a short test, but gained in long course races because I was better able to tuck my head for longer and avoid neck/shoulder discomfort. Tbh, a big reason i increased angle was to get more stack as I was on a basebar without any risers, then to keep reach I flipped my arm brackets to be more forward, moved my extensions forward, and kept my elbows on the front half of the cup. I also found that increasing the angle allowed me to rotate my pelvis a bit more upright which helped generate power, vs rotating forward to get lower.

I’m upgrading my cockpit to “super” extensions this winter and I think I’m going to try going back down to 15 or so for aero gains. But, I need more stack to make that work without rotating my pelvis too far or struggling to keep my head down. I love the aerocoach bars, but given how much I’ve moved around angle, their single angle tilt block adaptors are a no-go. I’m looking at some adaptors to get them onto a Wattshop or FastTT angled risers (may well end up on Carbon Wasp for integrated adjustability, to D2Z with standard pole clamp if I go the cheaper route)

Negative 8 degrees. Lots of “leverage”

-Jan