What commercials did you like best?

I didn’t watch any of the game; what should I look up?

The Ben Affleck Dunkin’ commercial was the best one. Arnold’s State Farm commercial was good too.

The Ben Affleck Dunkin’ commercial was the best one. Arnold’s State Farm commercial was good too.

Dunkin was the only one I thought lived up to old school Super Bowl standards, I love Matt Damon doing dry humor. Most just seemed to rely on high level star power. Also lot’s of movie trailers.

“John Krasinski” promoting his new movie was pretty clever, but I doubt a lot of people got the joke.

Dunkin was the only one I thought lived up to old school Super Bowl standards, I love Matt Damon doing dry humor. Most just seemed to rely on high level star power. Also lot’s of movie trailers.

“John Krasinski” promoting his new movie was pretty clever, but I doubt a lot of people got the joke.

I got the joke immediately but people who never watched The Office wouldn’t have a clue what made that commercial clever.

https://i.imgur.com/R4Gmh0H.jpeg

I got the joke immediately but people who never watched The Office wouldn’t have a clue what made that commercial clever.

The commercial:
https://youtu.be/JRadjMeUKko?si=07eUZ2hIgjKyK2dT

The reference
https://youtu.be/1PQuwSHptLo?si=IT1uWTK2HEwQQeeR

I thought the M&M Almost Rings of Champions was pretty cute. I did like the State Farm and the Dunkins. I didn’t see it when it aired, but the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial was good as they almost always are.

https://i.imgur.com/R4Gmh0H.jpeg

Help me out here. Convert to jesus? who fits? And the other 98% means what? I get the book is the bible and I get 100 million thought to be too much money spent when it could have been used for actual charity.

I thought these spots are directed for those who already hold Jesus up as the light and attempt to show jesus showing his compassion inclusively.

IMG_3974.jpeg

Help me out here. Convert to jesus? who fits? And the other 98% means what? I get the book is the bible and I get 100 million thought to be too much money spent when it could have been used for actual charity.

I thought these spots are directed for those who already hold Jesus up as the light and attempt to show jesus showing his compassion inclusively.

That’s the way that I see them too. They’re preaching to the Christians. They are a reminder for the Christians to show compassion and kindness to everyone. Considering the most high-profile group of Christians right now are the ones who worship trump - I think it is aimed at them.

That’s the way that I see them too. They’re preaching to the Christians. They are a reminder for the Christians to show compassion and kindness to everyone. Considering the most high-profile group of Christians right now are the ones who worship trump - I think it is aimed at them.

I think you meant to say, show compassion, and kindness to everyone, unless you are LGBTQ or not white cis. That fucking hobby lobby family is behind it.

The He Gets Us campaign is being driven by the billionaire family behind Hobby Lobby, the arts and crafts chain infamous for its crusades to deny its employees birth control coverage and use of bathrooms associated with their gender identity. Hobby Lobby co-founder David Green has previously disclosed helping fund the He Gets Us ads, but his eldest son, Mart — Hobby Lobby’s “Ministry Investment Officer” — is one of three board members at the new nonprofit managing the ad campaign, documents show.

If the ads are directed at Christians, what was the message of the ads? Did they really remind the Christians to show compassion and kindness. I didn’t see the ads, so I’m truly asking. Did the ads show a Mother Theresa figure gently taking care of poor, weak, downtrodden people?

The only ad I saw was the Christopher Walken ad, but I couldn’t hear it because there was a lot of conversation happening. My glimpses of it looked good, even w/o sound.

Here are links to most of them.

https://deadline.com/2024/02/super-bowl-commercials-2024-watch-1235815605/amp/

Also my favorites. Top lines:

“It’s not easy being your friend.”

“She’s in LABAAAAHHH!”

If you watch all the way through, you will see them showing just about every marginalized group at some point.

. https://youtu.be/94BqlDQ-Ppo?si=P61gZrfm8pQu0gkY

I think you meant to say, show compassion, and kindness to everyone, unless you are LGBTQ or not white cis. That fucking hobby lobby family is behind it.

The He Gets Us campaign is being driven by the billionaire family behind Hobby Lobby, the arts and crafts chain infamous for its crusades to deny its employees birth control coverage and use of bathrooms associated with their gender identity. Hobby Lobby co-founder David Green has previously disclosed helping fund the He Gets Us ads, but his eldest son, Mart — Hobby Lobby’s “Ministry Investment Officer” — is one of three board members at the new nonprofit managing the ad campaign, documents show.

Yeah who would’ve guessed…

Religious virtue signaling to the tune of tens of millions of wasted dollars.

Awesome that you got to see the game live, what a great experience for a Chiefs fan.

The Christopher Walken BMW ad was also excellent.

I don’t need Marky Mark to remind me that Ash Wednesday is this week

I assume this ran nationally? His campaign is already apologizing for it though I’ll have to watch it again to figure out why.

Edit: Oops, this is the original. Jr’s ad runs below.

https://youtu.be/Z4naX15vC4g

https://twitter.com/i/status/1756848309157654656

And so I go back to my disconnect then. I saw Jesus and compassion with a DEI goodness emphasis. Did the guy funding it not want me to see it that way?