What Ben Shapiro thinks is vile

Posted by HRC on X:

“Eighty years ago today, thousands of brave Americans fought to protect democracy on the shores of Normandy. This November, all we have to do is vote.”

Shapiro with his panties in a bunch:

“What an enormously stupid and vile comment. Trump is not Hitler. And voting is not storming a beach under a hail of machine-gun fire to free millions from the tyranny of the Nazis.”

So much wrongness, but here we are nonetheless.

Posted by HRC on X:

“Eighty years ago today, thousands of brave Americans fought to protect democracy on the shores of Normandy. This November, all we have to do is vote.”

“What an enormously stupid and vile comment. Trump is not Hitler. And voting is not storming a beach under a hail of machine-gun fire to free millions from the tyranny of the Nazis.”

what’s wrong about it?

Posted by HRC on X:

“ And voting is not storming a beach under a hail of machine-gun fire to free millions from the tyranny of the Nazis.”

Is that exactly what is being aknowledged by the “all we have to do is vote”?

Posted by HRC on X:

what’s wrong about it?

What Hillary wrote? Nothing.

Which is why it is weird, of all the things going on, that Ben thinks it is vile.

i’m guessing ben thinks it’s vile to compare the relatively mundane and risk free exercising of your right to vote to storming the beaches of normandy in an effort to protect democracy.

Yup, I agree that there is nothing wrong with Hillary’s statement.

Shapiro somehow interpreted what she said as voting is a brave as storming a beach when she said the exact opposite. And sure, Trump isn’t Hitler, he is just a modern American version of fascism.

Turning off your replies is almost as courageous as storming the beach with a 1/4 chance of survival.

Annotation 2024-06-06 101425.jpg

i’m guessing ben thinks it’s vile to compare the relatively mundane and risk free exercising of your right to vote to storming the beaches of normandy in an effort to protect democracy.

Which is why she said “all you need to do” which shows how much easier it is for us to just do the mundane task of voting. She contrasts the enormity of fighting WWII with the simple act of voting. It is not vile to compare when you point out one is easy and one is asking everything. The word you are looking for is equating. Which she didn’t do. And don’t pretend that the incredibly soft and privileged Shapiro has any concept of the task of fighting in WWII.

This is Shapiro’s constant state. He is the stupid persons idea of a smart person.

Which is why she said “all you need to do” which shows how much easier it is for us to just do the mundane task of voting. She contrasts the enormity of fighting WWII with the simple act of voting. It is not vile to compare when you point out one is easy and one is asking everything. The word you are looking for is equating. Which she didn’t do. And don’t pretend that the incredibly soft and privileged Shapiro has any concept of the task of fighting in WWII.

i think the implication is an equivalency, but i would imagine that depends on the reader of the tweet.

ben is actually an extremely nice person who is very easy going. how do you know he is soft? did you have a lackluster handshake with him at some point?

I’m guessing Ben could exercise his brain for 2 seconds and understand that many people acknowledge the sacrifice of previous generations and how we have a much easier burden to maintain democracy today as a result, without having to inject angry partisan rhetoric into the discussion.

It’s not like this is an unusual type of sentiment to see on anniversaires like this or on Memorial Day, etc.

I’m guessing Ben could exercise his brain for 2 seconds and understand that many people acknowledge the sacrifice of previous generations and how we have a much easier burden to maintain democracy today as a result, without having to inject hateful partisan rhetoric into the discussion.

but his job is to be partisan?

you are prescribing the idea that his partisanship is hateful, but i am confident he doesn’t view it that way.

He is the stupid persons idea of a smart person.

graduating harvard law is definitely what stupid people do!

i mean, elle woods breezed through!

i think the implication is an equivalency, but i would imagine that depends on the reader of the tweet.

ben is actually an extremely nice person who is very easy going. how do you know he is soft? did you have a lackluster handshake with him at some point?

He looks squishy. And has the voice of a 12 year old.

I’d hope my dad would rush in to keep him from shaking his hand if that situation ever arose.

don’t hate on dad bods.

good reference on the handshake btw. i chuckled.

I’m guessing Ben could exercise his brain for 2 seconds and understand that many people acknowledge the sacrifice of previous generations and how we have a much easier burden to maintain democracy today as a result, without having to inject hateful partisan rhetoric into the discussion.

you are prescribing the idea that his partisanship is hateful, but i am confident he doesn’t view it that way.

Lots of people don’t see their own hate or anger as hate or anger. That doesn’t make it not so.

Lots of people don’t see their own hate or anger as hate or anger. That doesn’t make it not so.

extremely true

https://youtu.be/WUB814y5ns0

I’m guessing ben thinks voting is vile

I’m guessing ben thinks voting is vile

I’m guessing Ben thinks a low click count on his posts is vile.