What are your weekend plans? Apr 20/21

What are you up to this weekend?

Just chilling here - the usual read, netflix, crossword, arts and crafts combo

Unfortunately the sibling w BPD will be around for some of it

Was planning on yard work tomorrow but we’re forecast for a couple of inches of snow tonight, sooooooooooo, I have no idea now.

Sunday, we’re headed to Coors field to watch the Mariners play (and likely beat) the Rockies.

I hope I don’t make you jealous with my super awesome plans, but I am going to:

1. Empty junk from my garage and put it into three piles: (a) free stuff; and (b) garage sale stuff; and (c) trash.
  2. Put free stuff & garage sale stuff in my front yard for my neighborhood garage sale on Saturday;
  3. Call junk people to collect unwanted stuff on Sunday;
  4. Remove the second half of the rat condominium in my hedge (I filled an entire green bin last weekend!)
  5. Rat condo was comprised of leaves, sticks & nerf bullets;
  6. Make graduation leis w/ my girlfriends on Sunday;
  7. Exercise & get fit.
  1. Facilitate fun for my kids. They’re getting dinner & seeing civil war w/ their dad on Friday. They will host a sleepover on Saturday.

Today:
VR workout - I can now do it two-handed! Though not full power yet.
Do my PT exercises.
One horse races today. She’s not very good and may get claimed.
Dinner out then Tyler Childers concert.

Saturday:
VR workout.
PT exercises.
Try to ride the trainer and see how my wrist feels.
Celebrate my next door neighbor’s 3rd birthday.
Take a friend’s daughter out to lunch and then a trip to the bookstore. My friend took in two kids of her relative (her niece?) when the relative couldn’t take care of them any longer. The kids were little (5 and 7 or something like that) so I’ve known them for at least 10 years (pretty much since I moved here). About 18 months ago, my friend formally adopted them. The girl recently turned 16 and is a huge bookworm so we are going book shopping and getting lunch.
Dinner with the same friend and other friends.

Sunday:
Do all the things that I didn’t get done on Friday/Saturday.

Going to DC with the family to celebrate my daughter’s 30th birthday. She lives in Silver Spring, MD.

20th law school reunion. Haven’t been back in town or seen a lot of those folks since graduation. It’s a strange feeling after this long.

PAVE
ARROW
ATOMATOFLAMES
IMSAFE
AVIATES

Flight review next week. Studying this weekend. I can probably pass as-is but don’t like to squeak by, Want to crush it.

Hoping to have enough time to finish a paving stones path, check on the garden, and such.

Obligatory swim and run. I still race.

Waiting to see if softball tourney is canceled, canceled just for Sat or if they will say it’s still going but cancel it after we get up at 5:30am.

Maybe skiing depending on how it shakes out.

Guitar lesson today

Open mat tomorrow

Try to learn some new Rubik’s algorithm to teach the eldest

Watch last season of better call Saul

Read make it stick

Son’s semi pro soccer game tonight where he gets the start.

Picking up new Ducati Streetfighter v2 motorcycle tomorrow as have been in the market for the last month and finally pulled the trigger. May take it for a short ride but then off to the garage to stare at it for a while ( Italian Motorcycle work of art)

Kids VB tournament sat and Sunday but may miss most of Saturday night as have a formal Gala to attend for work with lots of muckity mucks and bidding on auction items so time to get the tux out of the closet and hope it still fits.

Sunday more VB, perhaps some tearing up the roads on the V2.

1. Make graduation leis w/ my girlfriends on Sunday;

oh cool! What type of flowers will you use?

I love carnations. I think they would work well for leis.

That’s awesome!

The “what came and went in your lifetime” I said “the women’s forum.” Do you recall when it was created?

20th law school reunion. Haven’t been back in town or seen a lot of those folks since graduation. It’s a strange feeling after this long.

I look forward to a report!

PAVE
ARROW
ATOMATOFLAMES
IMSAFE
AVIATES

Flight review next week. Studying this weekend. I can probably pass as-is but don’t like to squeak by, Want to crush it.

yeah you wouldn’t want to underprepare and … crash and burn… :smiley:

Phish at the Sphere.

That’s awesome!

The “what came and went in your lifetime” I said “the women’s forum.” Do you recall when it was created?

In the winter of ?? I remember it was discussed at an unofficial gathering of some of the women’s in the fall.

I am going to plant a few cedars to close the gap in the hedge between my neighbors and myself. That way they don’t have to feel like I can observe them whilst they frolic in the pool.
I am going to make a raised bed in my backyard. We are moving my mom in to live with us and she is frail. But with a raised garden I think she might be able to enjoy some gardening.
Saturday morning is men’s breakfast. Sunday afternoon may be a long run.

I am going to make a raised bed in my backyard. We are moving my mom in to live with us and she is frail. But with a raised garden I think she might be able to enjoy some gardening.

My grandmother always had big gardens but was unable to do them as she aged. Before she moved to a nursing home, my dad made her waist-high raised beds on her deck.
My dad’s kind of awesome.

Your mom will really appreciate your garden beds I bet.

Work and dog-sitting, so basically looking after animals all weekend.

Though with the weather cooling down a bit, (albeit still hitting 30°C both days), there’s not too much feeding at work. Saltwater croc has had his last feed until the end of October.

I’ll take the hound for a run and some off-leash training as soon get “home”.