War in Ukraine. Aug/27/2024

Wondering if others are watching closely. It seems Russia making progress and soon could capture a major hub. Ukraine offensive into Russia, is interesting but does it really do anything? Now Russia has had 2 days of massive missile fire into the country.

Just get the feel the tide is changing and the Russian’s are preparing for an end game. Is there anything more Nato can do to support, or pretty much all countries giving all they can? Will they let Ukraine fall?

It seems to me that the West is perpetually afraid of Russia. Russia says “red line”, the West backs off. Then they give Uk what they asked for but it seems always a bit late. And those conditions of what they can hit inside Russia is ridiculous. As for Russian advances, if they continue at this pace it will take them many years to capture Donbas. For Kursk, it is something like dare to do something about it, dare to do nothing about it. Killing thousands of Russian conscripts will look bad for Putin but certainly not anything big. They will just be heroes who died defending the country. Uk showed to the West that they can mount a big offensive and there will not be a nuclear armageddon and yet, the West still dithers and is afraid of some escalation. Yes, NATO can do a lot: tell US to allow long range strikes into Russia using US weapons. Uk is developing their own missile-drons and ballistic missile because they see that US is dithering and kind of taking one step back and one and a little bit more step forward. Uk will not fall! In WW2 Hitler was kicking ass for 3 years or so and so did the Japanese and the Serbs in 1991 and they all failed eventually. End game for Russia is to take all of Uk and they are very far from that. Seeing how dithering and unsure the West is, their next goal will be the Baltic and or Poland etc and that would be some sort of end game. It will be along and bloody war but Russia will fail just like they failed in Afghanistan and in East Europe: nobody wants them.

what is happening…

It seems to me that the West is perpetually afraid of Russia. Russia says “red line”, the West backs off. Then they give Uk what they asked for but it seems always a bit late. And those conditions of what they can hit inside Russia is ridiculous. As for Russian advances, if they continue at this pace it will take them many years to capture Donbas. For Kursk, it is something like dare to do something about it, dare to do nothing about it. Killing thousands of Russian conscripts will look bad for Putin but certainly not anything big. They will just be heroes who died defending the country. Uk showed to the West that they can mount a big offensive and there will not be a nuclear armageddon and yet, the West still dithers and is afraid of some escalation. Yes, NATO can do a lot: tell US to allow long range strikes into Russia using US weapons. Uk is developing their own missile-drons and ballistic missile because they see that US is dithering and kind of taking one step back and one and a little bit more step forward. Uk will not fall! In WW2 Hitler was kicking ass for 3 years or so and so did the Japanese and the Serbs in 1991 and they all failed eventually. End game for Russia is to take all of Uk and they are very far from that. Seeing how dithering and unsure the West is, their next goal will be the Baltic and or Poland etc and that would be some sort of end game. It will be along and bloody war but Russia will fail just like they failed in Afghanistan and in East Europe: nobody wants them.

Russia says “red line”, the West backs off.

I think that might be a two-way street in bluff making and bluff calling. There were reportedly/allegedly HIMARS fired from within the Kursk region used to take out bridges. And U.S. intelligence on Russian terrain is being fed to troops inside Russia.

I don’t want to spend the effort to document every Russian “red line” but I think American medium range “smartish” missiles being used inside Russia by personnel trained on those weapons by the U.S. military and with the help of American intel calls some bluffs.

I really hope legit big-boy talks start relatively soon. For all sorts of reasons.

Wondering if others are watching closely. It seems Russia making progress and soon could capture a major hub. Ukraine offensive into Russia, is interesting but does it really do anything? Now Russia has had 2 days of massive missile fire into the country.

Just get the feel the tide is changing and the Russian’s are preparing for an end game. Is there anything more Nato can do to support, or pretty much all countries giving all they can? Will they let Ukraine fall?

What r u watching? How is Russia taking a few more square kilometers in the Donbass while losing a 1000+ in Kursk signaling an end game that Russia is dictating?

I think that might be a two-way street in bluff making and bluff calling. There were reportedly/allegedly HIMARS fired from within the Kursk region used to take out bridges. And U.S. intelligence on Russian terrain is being fed to troops inside Russia.

I don’t want to spend the effort to document every Russian “red line” but I think American medium range “smartish” missiles being used inside Russia by personnel trained on those weapons by the U.S. military and with the help of American intel calls some bluffs.

I really hope legit big-boy talks start relatively soon. For all sorts of reasons.

Putin’s biggest win of this whole thing has been neutering Biden and some others in the west with fears of escalation.

What r u watching? How is Russia taking a few more square kilometers in the Donbass while losing a 1000+ in Kursk signaling an end game that Russia is dictating?

I have been watching, the concern is the major rail hub Russia is close too. It will overly complicate supply lines for Ukraine, but that is the same thing Ukraine is doing in Kursk (and now potentially Belgorod).

I have been watching, the concern is the major rail hub Russia is close too. It will overly complicate supply lines for Ukraine, but that is the same thing Ukraine is doing in Kursk (and now potentially Belgorod).

Yes it’s a local challenge, but it has no potential to cause Ukraine to fall. Unless something changes dramatically it will take years for Russia just to take the Donbas.

Yes, this from what I have read is a significant distribution center.

Sure Russia’s gains are small now, against fortified dug in troops, compared to Ukraines suprise attack, Kind of like Russia at the start they made huge gains, and have slowly had to give most back, the war front is now settled down, and Russia is just slowly advancing. But they are advancing and have been consistently for several months. Once they churn past the dug in troops then the gains can be faster, War is generally not won in the big splashy advances, its won in the slow grind at the fronts and Ukraine has not been able to hold the line.

Now I tend to look at bigger longer pictures, the first 3 - 6 months was the initial invasion, followed by the counter, then we settled into the ugly part of the war. The slow grind to me seems to not be a great indicator of how this is going, and (from a look back historical perspective could this be the beginning of the end) The end might be 5 yrs out. But if the Ukraine’s can not find a way to stop the slow retreat, this is the first steps to the end.

I think Putin is in this to win and nothing else, so US missiles striking deep into Russia wont slow him down, unless it gets someone else in Russia mad enough to remove him from office, one way or another.

I know Russia is losing far more men than Ukraine, but they have a much bigger pool to choose from also. Have not looked it up, but at the current attrition rates, how long can Ukraine keep up the fight?

Yes, this from what I have read is a significant distribution center.

Sure Russia’s gains are small now, against fortified dug in troops, compared to Ukraines suprise attack, Kind of like Russia at the start they made huge gains, and have slowly had to give most back, the war front is now settled down, and Russia is just slowly advancing. But they are advancing and have been consistently for several months. Once they churn past the dug in troops then the gains can be faster, War is generally not won in the big splashy advances, its won in the slow grind at the fronts and Ukraine has not been able to hold the line.

Now I tend to look at bigger longer pictures, the first 3 - 6 months was the initial invasion, followed by the counter, then we settled into the ugly part of the war. The slow grind to me seems to not be a great indicator of how this is going, and (from a look back historical perspective could this be the beginning of the end) The end might be 5 yrs out. But if the Ukraine’s can not find a way to stop the slow retreat, this is the first steps to the end.

I think Putin is in this to win and nothing else, so US missiles striking deep into Russia wont slow him down, unless it gets someone else in Russia mad enough to remove him from office, one way or another.

I know Russia is losing far more men than Ukraine, but they have a much bigger pool to choose from also. Have not looked it up, but at the current attrition rates, how long can Ukraine keep up the fight?

It’s not just men, every type of equipment they are losing at a much greater rate than Ukraine is. You can watch Perun’s videos on these issues. I think the only hope Putin has for conquering Ukraine is if the west entirely stops supplying it, which seems very unlikely, and maybe not even then.

Putin’s biggest win of this whole thing has been neutering Biden and some others in the west with fears of escalation.

I’m not sure there’s very much of this that can be meaningfully described as wins for Vladimir Putin. Maybe preventing the West from outright seizing this opportunity to end him?

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1pBnIV.img?w=768&h=402&m=6

Direct Hit: Humiliation for Putin as His $10 Million Su-25 Fighter Jet Shot Down Over Ukraine (msn.com)

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1pBnIV.img?w=768&h=402&m=6

Direct Hit: Humiliation for Putin as His $10 Million Su-25 Fighter Jet Shot Down Over Ukraine (msn.com)

That’s the Soviet analog for the A-10…it’s not surprising it was shot down by a MANPAD…now if it was an SU 35

That’s the 34th confirmed destroyed out of a prewar number of something just under 200 and they aren’t making new ones.