Virtual Family Game Nights

Our family (4 kids 13-18 y/o) likes doing various game nights. We do board games like Catan and Monopoly. We also do video type games JackBox and Wheel of Fortune on the Wii. My oldest just moved away for college, and my wife and I would like to be able to do something with him while he is away.

Has anyone done game night remotely, and if so what game and what was the setup.

Our family (4 kids 13-18 y/o) likes doing various game nights. We do board games like Catan and Monopoly. We also do video type games JackBox and Wheel of Fortune on the Wii. My oldest just moved away for college, and my wife and I would like to be able to do something with him while he is away.

Has anyone done game night remotely, and if so what game and what was the setup.

Its a bit different but the Nintendo Switch has Mario Party which is super fun with the Fam.
Mark

Ticket to Ride— the iphone/ipad app

1 issue with this - the owner of TTR switched who runs the online version of the game, and the reviews of the new version aren’t as good as the old one, I;ve only played the old version, which worked fairly well - either as “Pass and play” or as an online game.

The app version is better than the physical board game since the game goes so much faster.

Board Game Arena

Wife, FIL, sometimes me, often da kid. do Sunday and Saturday NYT crossword on Sundays on zoom

Discord, share screens, play any online game you want, or watch movies “togeather”.

Its what my online daughter has been doing with friends for 10yrs now (Met her now fiancé from 3 states over that way)

I’ll assume your kids are not online much? I assume they have their ways of “hooking up” with friends online, and playing games, watching movies. Aski them.

JackBox works just as well remotely. Just share the screen and audio.

If you do this google whatever the better games are. I had a boss arrange this as a WFH team bonding thing and nobody looked into the games ahead of time… Some of the games were so mind numbingly stupid and cringeworthy that words can’t describe them properly.

If you do this google whatever the better games are. I had a boss arrange this as a WFH team bonding thing and nobody looked into the games ahead of time… Some of the games were so mind numbingly stupid and cringeworthy that words can’t describe them properly.

Oh yes good advice. My favorites are Quiplash, Blather 'Round, Guesspionage, and Trivia Murder Party.

In case you are not aware, Free catan online at https://colonist.io so you could connect through discord, and play there.

During Covid shutdowns I played Among Us on Zoom with my family while using our various devices to play the game. That was fun for my kids and my dad.

These were all great ideas, thanks. I’ll post back when we find something that works well for us.

Thanks @DavHamm, we played on Colonist.io on Sunday and had a great time.