UPS offers $750 bonus for seasonal jobs

Do you know anyone who wants to work for UPS for the next five weeks as a seasonal support driver, driver helper, or sorter/package handler?

UPS is offering a $750 bonus on top of the regular wage to anyone who can work the whole peak season.

In the San Francisco area, they are paying the seasonal support drivers $38 per hour plus 65.5 cents per mile (you must be at least 21 years old). Driver helpers are getting $23 per hour (you must be at least 18 years old). The wages will vary depending on where you live. Expect to work full time, 5 or 6 days every week.

In order for you to get the $750 bonus, I would need to get your name, email address, and phone number. Please send me a private message with this information. I will then have UPS send you an email with a link to the jobs and the application.

The application takes about 20 minutes and you can be hired in just a couple days.

The bonus will be paid after you have worked the entire peak season (approximately 5 weeks).

Well executed long play Nigerian Prince scam.

3 points

a $750 bonus across 5 weeks? so. . . $150 per week?
it’s a bonus, i suppose, but it’s not exactly christmas.

jobs-ups.com

Definitely don’t send PII to random people on the Web. Interestingly there is a fraud alert on the link above.

a $750 bonus across 5 weeks? so. . . $150 per week?
it’s a bonus, i suppose, but it’s not exactly christmas.

The bonus is paid after you complete the full peak season ( about 5 weeks).

jobs-ups.com

Definitely don’t send PII to random people on the Web. Interestingly there is a fraud alert on the link above.

“UPS is aware of scams that involve fraudulent job offer letters or requests where jobseekers pay an application fee. At UPS, we do not charge an application fee or any other fee as part of the application process. We want your recruitment experience to be efficient, enjoyable, and safe from start to finish. The starting point for finding UPS career opportunities is to visit us at https://global.jobs-ups.com/location

If you want the $750 bonus, I need to submit the potential employee’s name, email address, and phone number through my UPS employee portal before they start the application process.

I have worked for UPS the past four years during the holidays and made a little over $10K per month.

Do you know anyone who wants to work for UPS for the next five weeks as a seasonal support driver, driver helper, or sorter/package handler?

UPS is offering a $750 bonus on top of the regular wage to anyone who can work the whole peak season.

In the San Francisco area, they are paying the seasonal support drivers $38 per hour plus 65.5 cents per mile (you must be at least 21 years old). Driver helpers are getting $23 per hour (you must be at least 18 years old). The wages will vary depending on where you live. Expect to work full time, 5 or 6 days every week.

In order for you to get the $750 bonus, I would need to get your name, email address, and phone number. Please send me a private message with this information. I will then have UPS send you an email with a link to the jobs and the application.

The application takes about 20 minutes and you can be hired in just a couple days.

The bonus will be paid after you have worked the entire peak season (approximately 5 weeks).

If this is Jim, why would I send my personal information to some random internet guy who loves guns.

If someone has hacked Jim, you should know he loves guns.

I do love me some guns!

If you want the $750 bonus, I need to submit the potential employee’s name, email address, and phone number through my UPS employee portal before they start the application process.

Maybe true, but what you’re doing is really weird, particulary for a big company like UPS. Most companies would never have a rep ask for private information over an unencrypted method to someone not using a corporate account or presenting themself as a corporate rep.

Maybe true, but what you’re doing is really weird, particulary for a big company like UPS. Most companies would never have a rep ask for private information over an unencrypted method to someone not using a corporate account or presenting themself as a corporate rep.

UPS made a huge mistake about a month ago by only offering $23 per hour for seasonal support drivers in the SF bay area. The past three years, they had been paying $38 per hour. As a result, no one wanted the job this year. One of the supervisors told me that he needed 138 seasonal support drivers, but they had only one person apply and he turned down the job because of the wage.

A couple days ago, UPS increased the wage to $38, but they knew they had to hurry in order to get enough drivers, so they added the $750 referral bonus for current employees to ask their friends and family (and anyone else) if they wanted to work. They also added a $750 bonus for these new employees that were referred and stuck it out for the entire season.

UPS didn’t have a good system for this referral system, so this is what happened when they threw it together.

A couple days ago, UPS increased the wage to $38, but they knew they had to hurry in order to get enough drivers, so they added the $750 referral bonus for current employees to ask their friends and family (and anyone else) if they wanted to work. **They also added a $750 bonus for these new employees that were referred and stuck it out for the entire season. **

UPS didn’t have a good system for this referral system, so this is what happened when they threw it together.

Are you saying if the new hire isn’t referred by a current employee they won’t get the $750 bonus after working through the peak season?

Yes, they do. He should have given full disclosure in his initial post. The district I am in does not require an employee referral for a new hire to get the sign on bonus

For the amount of money they are paying the bonus seems not worth it. Just take the job I say. With the mileage one could make 45 dollars an hour. Why be tied down for five weeks by 750 dollars.

Why do you hate freedom?

most likely, JimatBeyond is getting a referral bonus for each person hired. We have this at my job, where i would need to submit contact info (name, phone number, email) in order to get the bonus when the person is hired.

Well executed long play Nigerian Prince scam.

3 points

jobs-ups.com

I find the responses here odd,

Jim has been on this forum 17 yrs with nearly 10,000 posts. I mean to some of us that is still a young pup but, hardly like some spammer. He has talked about working this gig at the post office before.

Of course he gets a referal bonus also, so what.

I mean you don’t have to take him up on the deal, you can just post for the job yourself, do you want the $750 or not.

I really don’t understand people.

I really don’t understand people.

Yeah, I guess it’s really legit. It just had all the characteristics of a type of scam that is really common. And account hijacking is pretty common too.

Also he never once commented that he (likely) is getting a financial benefit for a referral. That’d have been nice transparency in the first post that he’s (probably) trying to make money off us.

I’m somewhat attuned to phishing because of my job, I’m a target for them.

Yes, they do. He should have given full disclosure in his initial post. The district I am in does not require an employee referral for a new hire to get the sign on bonus

Yeah why would they? I can see why the current employee would need it to get their bonus, but why would the new hire need the employee referral to get he bonus? That just creates a disincentive for someone to hire on, the opposite of the what the company wants.

Not sure how true that is. That’s exactly how I got referred to Booz Allen Hamilton. Seems like you might get this at any company where a current employee gets some bonus or benefit for referring a subsequent hire.

Not sure how true that is. That’s exactly how I got referred to Booz Allen Hamilton. Seems like you might get this at any company where a current employee gets some bonus or benefit for referring a subsequent hire.

You may feel you know who is on the other end of this forum, but you really don’t. It is pretty basic internet security not to send personal information to someone who requests it out of the blue. This is exactly how people get scammed and companies get ransomware.

Also, it turns out this wasn’t a a genuine offer.
If you want the $750 bonus, I need to submit the potential employee’s name..”
This isn’t true. The truth is, if he is to make $750, you need to send him your contact information. If he was genuine, and a good person, he would have said something like ," Hey fellow LRs! I work for UPS, and we are offering XXX job. If you let me submit your info, you can get a job and a bonus and I get a bonus too!"
His approach is suspicious and slimey.
While he may have been a forum member for a long time, if he was a trustworthy person, he wouldy be trying to use other members to make some money.

A couple days ago, UPS increased the wage to $38, but they knew they had to hurry in order to get enough drivers, so they added the $750 referral bonus for current employees to ask their friends and family (and anyone else) if they wanted to work. **They also added a $750 bonus for these new employees that were referred and stuck it out for the entire season. **

Are you saying if the new hire isn’t referred by a current employee they won’t get the $750 bonus after working through the peak season?

Yes, that is what I am saying.

If a potential employee simply goes to the UPS website and applies for a job, they will not get the $750 bonus.