Under Paris movie

Anyone else seen this yet? Looks like water quality could be the least of the problems for Olympic triathlon!

https://youtu.be/jnCefPQIH98?si=QOAS5yMcKs9FbTSM

Watched it. It was rather weak, not much more than a small step above a SyFy original and with much less triathlete chomping action than expected. Where is Alexandre Aja when you need him?

Watched it. It’s both comically and not so comically bad. Beware: not a Hollywood happy ending (unless you’re a mutant shark species LOL)

Tres drole!

I was wondering when someone would post about this. I enjoyed the movie and the ending was definitely not what I was expecting. will there be a sequel? I do find it funny the timing in light of Paris olympics…

Haha, yea, hilarious. I somehow found it quite entertaining, what can I say!

Watched it last night. What a film to release just before the Olympics. Thought it was quite good, but ending was absurd.

Please don’t spoil the ending anymore guys. (I’m not saying anybody spoiled it totally, just don’t go any further). I’m in the middle - put it on in the evening but got a phone call from my coach Jan Frodeno, telling me to go to bed and start the sleep recovery protocol. So far it feels like a guilty pleasure, i.e. typical Netflix B+ movie. Decent acting though, and convincing gory details.

Watched it to the end. Imagine an absurd C class horror movie in which you’re not sure if the authors are serious or are making you laugh on purpose. The ending is the least of the film’s problems. Well, it’s up there with everything else. Quite possibly the worst movie ever made!

Watched it to the end. Imagine an absurd C class horror movie in which you’re not sure if the authors are serious or are making you laugh on purpose. The ending is the least of the film’s problems. Well, it’s up there with everything else. Quite possibly the worst movie ever made!

Not even close to the worst.
Go to amazon prime video and pick any horror movie, then dive head on down the “customers also liked” rabbit hole. Pretty quickly you get to B movies all the way down to stuff that was taken with a home video camera in someone’s back yard. And the crazy thing, some of these movies actually have somewhat known actors and lots of sequels.
Allow me to share a classic example: “The Gingerdead Man”; the first instalment had Garry Busey (I can’t use the term starring, since that would imply he is a star), and then came 3 sequences. It crescendoed in a magnificent conclusion with another colossal franchise in “Gingerdead Man vs. Evil Bong”.

My son and I love going through these and watching the trailers. It is entertaining how bad these movies are.

But it’s not like the bad-on-purpose films like the 1974 legend Deadly Weapons.

This is a Netflix film made presumably on a relatively big budget with the ability to hire writers with some skill and not just putting down whatever ridiculous and comically impossible idea of a plot development comes to mind first.

Fair point, the movies I was referring to (e.g. Killer Klowns from Outer Space), are semi-comedies, not taking themselves seriously

Much prefer Sharknado more believable story line…

Much prefer Sharknado more believable story line…

try Sharktopus…

Watched it. It’s both comically and not so comically bad. Beware: not a Hollywood happy ending (unless you’re a mutant shark species LOL)Tri247 review (with spoilers):
'Under Paris’ film review: We watched this triathlon shark attack movie on Netflix, so you don’t have to!
https://www.tri247.com/triathlon-news/elite/under-paris-film-netflix-review-triathlon-shark-attack-seine

We watched this last night, chilling out before a race, and I’ll admit I actually enjoyed it. No, it ain’t winning any Oscars, but I’ve watched far worse movies already this year which had bigger budgets and better critical reception.