Turkey.. really

So Thur. dinner is Lasagna. I don’t get why one day a year, people eat Turkey. I mean if it was good, wouldn’t you eat it all the time?

Sorry, go back to eat your nasty ass, turkey. Yeah I know you have the secret recipe that makes it taste good, and you eat it at least weekly, all year long.

Thanksgiving use to be about the sides. Glad we got rid of Turkey. Now its more food than I can eat.

Lasagna? Are you insane?

Many households are not great cooks. Its ok.

Retirement is not looking good on you :wink:

You don’t fuck with tradition.

What about pumpkin pie, if it’s so good why don’t we eat it year round as well?

I agree.
Thursday dinner here will be bbq steak tips and some nice fingerling potatoes.
Turkey schmurkey.

In all seriousness I did float the idea of doing something different this year. The mckfam wasn’t having it. Interestingly enough, for Christmas we don’t really have any traditional dishes. This year we’re planning shredded bison street tacos.

I’ve given in. It’s about the gravy really. I pulled the turkey out of the brine and it’s now resting in the fridge for tomorrows cookary

We will have turkey, but we not be among those who come to the table at 3PM or so (nor will I start cooking at 9AM). We will eat dinner at a normal dinner time, like 6PM

So Thur. dinner is Lasagna. I don’t get why one day a year, people eat Turkey. I mean if it was good, wouldn’t you eat it all the time?

Sorry, go back to eat your nasty ass, turkey. Yeah I know you have the secret recipe that makes it taste good, and you eat it at least weekly, all year long.

Thanksgiving use to be about the sides. Glad we got rid of Turkey. Now its more food than I can eat.

Stouffers?

Turkey is a giant pain in the ass to make.

I love beef wellington. I love prime rib. I love porchetta. I make those less than once a year because they are a GIANT PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS TO MAKE.

You don’t fuck with tradition.

What about pumpkin pie, if it’s so good why don’t we eat it year round as well?

Pumpkin pie is only good 1 way, from scratch - no pumpkin mix, cook down that gourd. So why only in the fall cause pumpkins are still growing on the vine in spring in and summer, in winter there under snow. But Pumpkin pie is not just for Thanksgiving, always have at Christmas also, and usually one earlier in Nov.

Doesn’t matter. Real thanksgiving is in October.

We will be having turkey tomorrow. However, for the first time in a long time I will not be cooking the turkey. My better half bought a smoked turkey from a place in Texas. It arrived yesterday and we will merely heat it up.

If it tastes half as good as it smells it will be delicious.

Many households are not great cooks. Its ok.

So your only a good cook on Thanksgiving??

I don’t cook thanksgiving dinner, hell I don’t cook any dinners. But I have had lots of peoples oh you have to try my turkey… and well deep fried, bbq, 24hr cooking process, in a bag, etc… sorry its just Turkey, and there is a reason its only served once a year.

Turkey became the T-day meal cause it was cheap and feed’s lots of people, not cause it really taste’s good.

I love beef wellington. I love prime rib. I love porchetta. I make those less than once a year because they are a GIANT PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS TO MAKE.

Prime Rib is a pain to make?

Right, and when you go out to a nice restaurant how often do you order the Turkey over the beef wellington, prime rib, or porchetta?

Stouffers?

Nope wife makes a 7 or 9 layer, depending, all fresh ingredients.

and not to really piss people off… Its meatless.

A full turkey is a pain to cook, and it feeds a ton of people, so it really only makes sense if you’re having a bunch of people over, like on a holiday.

As for eating it on other occasions, I have turkey sausage, ground turkey, or turkey cold cuts for sandwiches on a pretty regular basis.

Right, and when you go out to a nice restaurant how often do you order the Turkey over the beef wellington, prime rib, or porchetta?

I don’t really like beef all that much, so if they have a good turkey dinner I’ll get that.

I don’t really like beef all that much, so if they have a good turkey dinner I’ll get that.

I don’t eat much meat, odds are if that’s all they served, I would go somewhere else (wife doesn’t eat beef at all, and very little fowl) Now if they had some fish options all in.