Tua’s 3rd concussion

Tua was the QB for a couple of the years that my daughter was at Bama. He’s a big deal in our family. Love the guy. I hope he does whatever is best for him and his family.

It is always fun when Windy starts talking finance. :roll_eyes:

I am with Monte’s thoughts. That is why I think college football and other big time pro potential kids get a major in professional sports. Teach how a check book works, interst and compounding interest, loans, the stock market, insurance, portfolio and wealth mgt and the rolls of agents and attorneys.
So many people flooded with great wealth have no concept how to manage it. I am no expert but I bet I convinced prolly over a couple dozen young kids to at least contribute enough of their wages to get the company match in their 401k… so many told me they couldn’t afford to match out. When you tell them thry doubled their money the first day, even the dumb ones get it.
I wish Tua the best but he has had more than enough head trauma for one life.

Doesn’t this also assume he didn’t have other sources of income, nor any other potential source going forward?

Depending on your tax bracket yes.

Also if I had the time i could look at Fidelity but I did that a few months ago and got 5% before tax …probably off due to impending cut

He’s also mid-20s with a college degree. He’ll be fine.

I believe in the last number of years the NFL has started requiring rookies to attend how to deal with your money and your family/friends classes.

The question or would ask is would you rather keep playing and have a lot of money or take the money he has and not leave his family with his dad dealing with CTE issues the rest of his life