Trump to big oil - donate $1B and I will ease environmental restrictions

I wonder what other policies he’s sold to those with money?

. https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-promised-scrap-climate-laws-151641577.html

Donald Trump dangled a brazen “deal” in front of some of the top US oil bosses last month, proposing that they give him $1bn for his White House re-election campaign and vowing that once back in office he would instantly tear up Joe Biden’s environmental regulations and prevent any new ones, according to a bombshell new report.

According to the Washington Post, the former US president made his jaw-dropping pitch, which the paper described as “remarkably blunt and transactional”, at a dinner at his Mar-a-Lago home and club.

In front of more than 20 executives, including from Chevron, Exxon and Occidental Petroleum, he promised to increase oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, remove hurdles to drilling in the Alaskan Arctic, and reverse new rules designed to cut car pollution. He would also overturn the Biden administration’s decision in January to pause new natural gas export permits which have been denounced as “climate bombs”.

“You’ll get it on the first day,” Trump said, according to the Post, citing an unnamed dinner attendee.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExNHVlamFuNnY4aHVrZGlkbGM0dG50Z3k1bWxxMTUzbzlhMWZqcHJqMCZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjdD1n/Y8SqjWuohk8Rq/200.gif

BREAKING NEWS AT 9pm.

A politician made promises to constituents in exchange for support!!!

Read all about it!!!

BREAKING NEWS AT 9pm.

Read all about it!!!

Close, but not quite.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 105907.png
Screenshot 2024-05-10 105907.png

BREAKING NEWS AT 9pm.

Read all about it!!!

Ahh yes, it’s ok because they all do it and because they all do it there is no difference between any of them. In fact, if you are are honest and openly corrupt, you can be as corrupt as you want. Just don’t lie about being corrupt… That’s where I draw the line. The worst part is always the hypocrisy. Not the act, just the cover up. And if there is a cover up that is then exposed that actually makes me happy because then I know that my guy is at least an honest liar because he doesn’t have to lie anymore about not being corrupt.

BREAKING NEWS AT 9pm.

Read all about it!!!

Close, but not quite.

As usual, every accusation is a confession.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/A13usaonutL._CLa|2140%2C2000|61cAtLYzu6L.png|0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_SX679_.png

Maybe he will save the oil industry just like he saved the coal industry.

. https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-promised-scrap-climate-laws-151641577.html

Donald Trump dangled a brazen “deal” in front of some of the top US oil bosses last month, proposing that they give him $1bn for his White House re-election campaign and vowing that once back in office he would instantly tear up Joe Biden’s environmental regulations and prevent any new ones, according to a bombshell new report.

According to the Washington Post, the former US president made his jaw-dropping pitch, which the paper described as “remarkably blunt and transactional”, at a dinner at his Mar-a-Lago home and club.

In front of more than 20 executives, including from Chevron, Exxon and Occidental Petroleum, he promised to increase oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, remove hurdles to drilling in the Alaskan Arctic, and reverse new rules designed to cut car pollution. He would also overturn the Biden administration’s decision in January to pause new natural gas export permits which have been denounced as “climate bombs”.

“You’ll get it on the first day,” Trump said, according to the Post, citing an unnamed dinner attendee.

If young voters were feeling a little uninspired by old man Joe Biden, we can thank Trump for being such an enormous pile of shit that Joe looks better. Truly, Joe’s no worse than any aging hippie who drives a Prius. Drives too slow, but whatever.

Next, Trump will make promises about putting guns in the hands of every mentally ill person in America.

. https://www.yahoo.com/…-laws-151641577.html

Amen. I’m so glad that Democrats have cleaned up this practice since Trump invented it. I’ve also heard Trump is considering a massive payout to green EV makers and eliminating a massive amount of college student debt to buyoff college-age voters. If that happens then it might infect other politicians like Chicago mayor to pander to unions. Until then, we’re safe from those insidious things happening.

Amen. I’m so glad that Democrats have cleaned up this practice since Trump invented it. I’ve also heard Trump is considering a massive payout to green EV makers and eliminating a massive amount of college student debt to buyoff college-age voters. If that happens then it might infect other politicians like Chicago mayor to pander to unions. Until then, we’re safe from those insidious things happening.

Except that Trump isn’t saying “vote for me and I’ll do these things.” He’s saying, “Give me a billion dollars and I’ll do these things.” That’s a bit different, don’t you think.

One is politics, one is bribery. I am sure Trump’s DOJ will get right on it if this deal actually happened. Of course, it won’t happen. The oil companies, who are more law-abiding than Trump, know not to openly bribe a Presidential candidate.

Monetary contribution in return for a specific act of office is both illegal and unethical. Any politician who engages in that should be criticized.

Trump, I think, is just being more transparent about it here than is usual. Which could be argued as a good thing…good if it makes prosecution easier. Bad if it signals that as a country are “over” the notion that politicians shouldn’t take money in return for a promised act of office when in power.

Oil Execs are smart enough to know what he can and can’t do. They know exactly what they would get under a Trump second term and they don’t need him to spell it out.

Except that Trump isn’t saying “vote for me and I’ll do these things.” He’s saying, “Give me a billion dollars and I’ll do these things.” That’s a bit different, don’t you think.

Huh? Not sure if you’re serious. But, just in case, the “these things” of “vote for me and I’ll do these things” is $$$. Eliminating college debt is “I’ll do these things (i.e., eliminate $500M of college debt) to buy your vote.” The Green EV money was “I’ll do these things (e.g., invest a $$bazillion in terrible idea EV makers and other green projects) to buy your vote.” The Chicago mayor’s union deal was “I’ll do these things (i.e., pay more taxpayer $$ to unions) to buy your vote.”

Huh? Not sure if you’re serious. But, just in case, the “these things” of “vote for me and I’ll do these things” is $$$. Eliminating college debt is “I’ll do these things (i.e., eliminate $500M of college debt) to buy your vote.” The Green EV money was “I’ll do these things (e.g., invest a $$bazillion in terrible idea EV makers and other green projects) to buy your vote.” The Chicago mayor’s union deal was “I’ll do these things (i.e., pay more taxpayer $$ to unions) to buy your vote.”

https://y.yarn.co/d8835b28-e78a-40c9-9456-a441f5e23a9c_text.gif

One is politics, one is bribery. I am sure Trump’s DOJ will get right on it if this deal actually happened. Of course, it won’t happen. The oil companies, who are more law-abiding than Trump, know not to openly bribe a Presidential candidate.

They are all bribery. Biden is using American money to bribe people for votes. Evenso, Biden’s college debt was unconstitutional. And, after being struck down, then basically re-did the same thing again. That’s pretty insidious.

Chicago mayor is being bribed by union funding to pass pro-union laws. This circle of money is insidious. Unions support Democratic politician. Across the table during union negotiations with the gov’t are the same union-funded Democratic politician. Taxpayer is not represented here; only unions and union-supported gov’t. Welcome to Chicago politics (or any gov’t that panders to union $$.

Trump, I think, is just being more transparent about it here than is usual. Which could be argued as a good thing…good if it makes prosecution easier. Bad if it signals that as a country are “over” the notion that politicians shouldn’t take money in return for a promised act of office when in power.

What transparency is lost when Biden eliminates $500M of college debt? Does anyone wonder what’s going on? What transparency is lost when the SCOTUS declares this unconstitutional and Biden basically does it again?
What transparency is lost when Biden’s first act as President was the green deal?
What transparency is lost when the Chicago mayor is elected and even other Democratic mayoral candidates expressed their dismay at the transparency of vote buying?

Vote for me and I will cut your taxes. That is legal and unremarkable. Same with your examples, except they were done by Ds, not Rs. In any case, promising some policy action if elected is totally appropriate; promising the same policy action in exchange for a massive campaign contribution is not.

Vote for me and I will cut your taxes. That is legal and unremarkable. Same with your examples, except they were done by Ds, not Rs. In any case, promising some policy action if elected is totally appropriate; promising the same policy action in exchange for a massive campaign contribution is not.

Promising a policy action and doing it, isn’t that the point of an election.

People vote for the individual who is most closely aligned with the policies they want and weighed against other character traits the candidate has. Although the GOP has been more focused on vibes than policy recently.

Like I’m sure TriFloyd is weighing how excited he is for 10% tariffs, corporate tax cuts, inflation caused by reduced labor force in the us, and increased interest rates due to Trumps deficit increasing policy against Trumps character flaws . And deciding those policies are worth Trumps personal flaws.

Like I wish Biden doesn’t have a wasteful policy policy around college debt relief but my dislike of that is weighed against the fact that he isn’t a rapist, so based on my policy of not voting for rapist, I’m voting for Biden over Trump.