TriDot RaceX and Garmin 530

Does anyone have any experience using the recommended power segments from RaceX on a Garmin 530? Is it even compatible with the 530? Ultimately, I would like to reference power segments on Garmin device for an Ironman. Thanks!

The Edge 530 can definitely display a power plan from BestBikeSplit. No idea about TriDot stuff.

The RaceX numbers were garbage for me. They were like 30% off from where I knew I needed to be from prior races. You can contact one of the TriDot coaches and get some guidance from them on how to manipulate the system to try to get numbers closer to where they should be, but you have to know where they should be to do that and if you already know where they should be why waste your time with RaceX. I don’t know what I did to skew numbers so bad but I heard the same thing from others that their RaceX predictions were 30% off so I would get with a coach and do what they say and no try to use the RaceX numbers blindly. As far as loading them into Garmin I haven’t ever done that. I just memorize the target values and watch the Garmin to see if I am staying close to the plan. Sorry I can’t be more help. See if the triDot coach can help most of them are pretty good at that type of thing.

1 Like

Mine didn’t seem that far off. I didn’t realize RaceX had the download option (new user) until after I had already created the “workout” in Garmin Connect.

I don’t know why it wouldn’t work and my experience with support has been reasonable (rating 4 out of 5). If it doesn’t work, maybe a quick email or chat with support will answer your question(s).

1 Like