This site is a joke

Say what you will about the T100 in general, but the men’s race yesterday had one of the most exciting finishes of all time. We also had Taylor Knibb putting on an absolute show. And yet, crickets from Slowtwitch. All cuz the editors think the tour may not last forever and cuz they had a disagreement with the PTO.

Get over yourselves and report on good racing. You’re only hurting yourself.

Fair point and I think you should definitely ask for your site membership money back in protest.

1.) Our site traffic indicates it’s not hurting anything, and
2.) We’re taking a stand that we will absolutely, positively, never grant anyone the right to remove editorial content on our site. The only people who get to decide to pull content are Eric, myself, Dan, and Jordan. If that means we can’t cover a race series, so be it.

Yes, definitely going through a transition from Dan. Hopefully they will recover gracefully . . . I’m pulling for them!!

I honestly never understand why people get so bent out of shape over any lack of Triathlon coverage here on ST when there are so many social media outlets out there providing exactly what those complainers are looking for.I come to ST for the bitching and whining and get total value for money.

Before you let your bitter disappointment with the ST Overlords ruin your entire month here are some little treats for you.

https://youtu.be/Zqio6niycNM?si=s8zadV0KwglkaHyy
https://youtu.be/51JyCOgE1Qs?si=s3QAtuDeROiXrtdN
https://youtu.be/2w0ceD-AUdQ?si=wy8rz2uMRpT4fgOq
https://youtu.be/DC_SPnNiHsU?si=jWs1G0SqiSzNsqMs

Say what you will about the T100 in general, but the men’s race yesterday had one of the most exciting finishes of all time. We also had Taylor Knibb putting on an absolute show. And yet, crickets from Slowtwitch. All cuz the editors think the tour may not last forever and cuz they had a disagreement with the PTO.

Last time I checked there is plenty of user generated content right here on this site on this forum. So if you don’t like the use generated content go elsewhere . As Ryan said they can’t generate news coverage of events when events want to control said content in any way.

Hah! You thought you were making fun of me and yet you proved my point. ST is over here proud of their coverage of Trevor Foley and the rest of the world is watching and paying attention to great racing. But hey that one dude had a super cool article that he totally burned the T100 by comparing triathlon to golf. Boomers gonna boomer.

There’s a 13 page thread on the race with a lot of back and forth during and after the race.

Front page articles don’t make this site what it is. The forum, threads, and users do.

There’s a 13 page thread on the race with a lot of back and forth during and after the race.

Front page articles don’t make this site what it is. The forum, threads, and users do.

Ditto

Hah! You thought you were making fun of me and yet you proved my point. ST is over here proud of their coverage of Trevor Foley and the rest of the world is watching and paying attention to great racing. But hey that one dude had a super cool article that he totally burned the T100 by comparing triathlon to golf. Boomers gonna boomer.
Lighten up, Francis

This one time I was a journalist in a different sport. I would never apply for a credential if that gave the event/team I was covering editorial control of my content.

Wait, this site has a front page? I thought it was just a forum.

I’ve been here for a few years, and I can count with one hand how many times I’ve visited the front page, and probably half of those visits were by accident.

Now I’m mad I missed the drama. I don’t even know what happened/why WRT the PTO.

1.) Our site traffic indicates it’s not hurting anything, and
2.) We’re taking a stand that we will absolutely, positively, never grant anyone the right to remove editorial content on our site. The only people who get to decide to pull content are Eric, myself, Dan, and Jordan. If that means we can’t cover a race series, so be it.

As far as #2, is that what T100 is trying to do? Or demanding?

Me too

Yes, apparently.

I completely understand the team taking this stand, but it is pretty hilarious to see coverage of a race almost no one watched and no coverage of one of the best middle/long distance races of the last few years.

Yes, apparently.

I completely understand the team taking this stand, but it is pretty hilarious to see coverage of a race almost no one watched and no coverage of one of the best middle/long distance races of the last few years.

100% agree. ST owners can decide this, fair.

But “hilarious” is the right word. It reminded me of Dutch news channels when Netherlands didn’t qualify to World Cup / UEFA Euro Cup - for a month they were covering anything (e.g. flower market show) just NOT to show football.

Create your own page then

It’s part of their media agreement for credentials.