That Mitt Romney guy was so wrong

Share Message - Russia developing ‘troubling’ new anti-satellite weapon, US says
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68309496

We should do an airborne demonstration of the B21 this month

Share Message - Jailed Russian opposition politician Alexei Navalny dead, says prison service - BBC News
https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-68316979

The 1980s called and they’d like their post back.

I am a child of the 1980’s. The Russians are our enemy. Do you disagree?

Same, and no.

I was referencing a famous Romney-was-right moment I’m sure you recall.

Remind me: which party is blocking aid to one of our allies in their fight against Russian aggression?

Seems all the more reason to support Ukraine? When are house repubs going to wake up?

Today’s GOP does not agree

https://www.cleveland.com/resizer/KLcridqkPCbt-LsnCvsBmJy87A0=/700x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/expo.advance.net/img/5281c373b1/width2048/9b2_717trump1.jpeg

Seems all the more reason to support Ukraine? When are house repubs going to wake up?

Ya think? We should be bleeding the bear and instead we get idiocy

Still waking up

Let’s get these guys some tickets. Russia needs more fodder.

Today’s GOP does not agree

https://www.cleveland.com/resizer/KLcridqkPCbt-LsnCvsBmJy87A0=/700x0/smart/advancelocal-adapter-image-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/expo.advance.net/img/5281c373b1/width2048/9b2_717trump1.jpeg

Those two are the poster boys for the freakin maga idiocracy. Couple of morons who I am surprised have lived to be in their 40’s, what with the draftiness of their trailer park homes.

Didn’t we all learn in 2014 that Romney was right? Obama was wrong, and I don’t know too many Democrats outside of the extreme left who might argue otherwise. The funny thing, however, is that the roles have been reversed, and it now seems mainstream among Romney’s party (Romney and others excepted) to refuse to recognize the serious national threat that Russia presents.

So unless your post is directed at those Republicans (the non-Rino ones), your point seems misdirected.

Didn’t we all learn in 2014 that Romney was right? Obama was wrong, and I don’t know too many Democrats outside of the extreme left who might argue otherwise. The funny thing, however, is that the roles have been reversed, and it now seems mainstream among Romney’s party (Romney and others excepted) to refuse to recognize the serious national threat that Russia presents.

So unless your post is directed at those Republicans (the non-Rino ones), your point seems misdirected.

What was Obama wrong about?

In the 2012 debate, the candidates were asked what they considered the most serious geopolitical threats to the US. Romney responded Russia. Obama laughed. His campaign then used that against Romney, with the idea that Romney was stuck in the past and didn’t realize that some extra state threat like Al Queda was what we should be focusing on. During I think the next debate, I believe Obama ridiculed Romney with some line about the cold war having been over for 20 years. Two years later, we have Russia’s involvement in Ukraine, which pretty much showed that they very much were a significant if not the most significant threat.

Romney was right. Obama was wrong. That’s ok, as people get things wrong, and Obama deserves some credit for recognizing that and for responding appropriately.

The irony is now that Dems for the most part seem to have adopted Romney’s view, while there’s a significant if not majority among Republicans who don’t consider Russia a threat worth dealing with.

In the 2012 debate, the candidates were asked what they considered the most serious geopolitical threats to the US. Romney responded Russia. Obama laughed. His campaign then used that against Romney, with the idea that Romney was stuck in the past and didn’t realize that some extra state threat like Al Queda was what we should be focusing on. During I think the next debate, I believe Obama ridiculed Romney with some line about the cold war having been over for 20 years. Two years later, we have Russia’s involvement in Ukraine, which pretty much showed that they very much were a significant if not the most significant threat.

Romney was right. Obama was wrong. That’s ok, as people get things wrong, and Obama deserves some credit for recognizing that and for responding appropriately.

The irony is now that Dems for the most part seem to have adopted Romney’s view, while there’s a significant if not majority among Republicans who don’t consider Russia a threat worth dealing with.

Thanks for the reply; I appreciate the context.

Romney was right. Obama was wrong.

For 2012, I don’t think so. In 2012 it wasn’t fully clear that Putin would complete his transformation from 1990s technocrat he started as to the full-up belligerent autocrat he is today.

But they were both wrong. It’s China, then and now.

For 2012, I don’t think so. In 2012 it wasn’t fully clear that Putin would complete his transformation from 1990s technocrat he started as to the full-up belligerent autocrat he is today.

Yep. China, long term, is where we should worry.

drn92

It’s been China since the 80’s and Russia since 1917

Yep. China, long term, is where we should worry.

drn92

We’re too busy fucking around on social issues and wasting money buying votes instead of focusing and spending on defense