Tell me what upgrades I need to get the position I want (position videos inside)

Background: I’ve been on this Felt B14 for about 5 years. I’m generally pretty comfortable in aero, but starting to feel cramped up front as I get into longer distance races/rides. The straight extensions put a lot of pressure on my wrists and shoulders and I find myself wanting to have a higher/angled hand position (you’ll see below). I know there are a ton of cockpit/parts options out there, but I’m not super knowledgeable in what I would need to get the position I want.

For starters, I need a little more reach because I pretty much put all the pressure from my hands as far down the shifters as I can. I’m pretty sure I have a shortened stem from the bike shop because its a Bontrager so first step would be to get a longer stem (not sure what standard length is on this bike). From there, I know I need a higher hand position and more upright wrist angle - So it could be as easy as angling up and swapping to a ski-bend style extension. I feel like I’d want closed cups for that for more stability.

So here is the current position:

https://youtu.be/VjcBKBSAgts

And here is what feels more natural (not actually holding anything here - just showing position):

https://youtu.be/Gk5JFNZGH30

I’m not opposed to a new bike, but I find the Felt to be pretty capable and a few adjustments away from being a little more dialed in.

Looks like you need more length.

Looks like you need more length.

Just checked the stem is only 80mm. I’m going to try going to 100mm if not 110.

Grab a more adjustable aerobar with ski extensions, like the Profile Design Sonic/Ergo/52a (or 50a if you can find a deal on the older model). That way you sort the grip angle and get more support from the armrests.

Then go to a shop and ask for a 110mm stem out of their takeoffs bin. Or a cheap model off the internet. Or an adjustable stem. Just so you can experiment. Then get a nicer stem and aerobar risers once you have your position sorted.

I am also on a Felt B14 and experienced the need for a longer reach. I am now on a 120mm stem with the standard base bar, 51 SpeedShop Extensions, and TriRig Scoops. It is definitely the most comfortable I have been on the bike. Reach out if you have any questions.