Take that lung cancer

Okay, I only get excited about very early medical trials when they involve Cancer, so yeah its Phase1 but… fingers crossed.

Its amazing, what is going on in the fight against cancer… Now a Vaccine? against non-small cell lung cancer (the most common one).

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/aug/23/world-first-lung-cancer-vaccine-trials-launched-across-seven-countries

The advances in cancer treatments have been exponential it feels in the last 10 years.

Vaccines for cancer is a fantastic achievement.
I wonder if developing the Covid vaccine accelerated or hindered the cancer vaccines.

Whoa, as an ex smoker this is incredibly good news.

Vaccines for cancer is a fantastic achievement.
I wonder if developing the Covid vaccine accelerated or hindered the cancer vaccines.

A bit of both. This is in part why the Covid vaccine was able to be so rapidly produced. The technology existed as there have been mRNA vaccine targeting cancer in development for a while. They crossed the road to fast lane it for Covid.

Finally, I can safely take up smoking!

The advances in cancer treatments have been exponential it feels in the last 10 years.

Cancer still sucks, full stop. But the development of targeted and immunotherapy has been a game changer for many with advanced diseases.

If only it weren’t for the heart disease and the host of other cancers besides lung cancer that smoking causes.

If only it weren’t for the heart disease and the host of other cancers besides lung cancer that smoking causes.

I can’t read your post through the sweet, sweet cloud of smoke from my players light. I think that’s a cigarette brand, no?

In reality, I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I don’t see that changing any time soon. I’ve enjoyed a handful of cigars, but… the risk doesn’t really seem worth whatever fleeting enjoyment it brings.

I can’t read your post through the sweet, sweet cloud of smoke from my players light. I think that’s a cigarette brand, no?

In reality, I have never smoked a cigarette in my life and I don’t see that changing any time soon. I’ve enjoyed a handful of cigars, but… the risk doesn’t really seem worth whatever fleeting enjoyment it brings.

If it weren’t for the health risks I’d try out a pipe. Love the smell of pipe tobacco. I always liked the ritual of smoking pot back in the day. One of my best friends smokes cigars here and there, especially when we are hanging out. Can’t stand the smell of them.

Sure, but the coolness of smoking came mostly from the danger.

This is just another government conspiracy to inject those chips and control you.

This is just another government conspiracy to inject those chips and control you.

I was also wondering how many anti-vaxer smokers will be first in line for this one.

And lung disease.

I watched my dad slowly die over 5 years from non-cancer heart and lung failure from smoking. It wasn’t fun watching that.

Yes, I realize the original quip was jest. Just saying.

LOL. Now you can die by inches from COPD. Pink.