T100 Triathlon World Tour (PTO 2024)

I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical.
Has the course been published?How about this (6 laps): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46488900
Wrt to the fastest corners: Lincoln Blvd is wide (though two-way so camera and ref motos in the middle) and the bends are gentle. The fastest is the descent above Baker Beach. Not a deterrent to a cyclist like LCB. Jewett, maybe: she’ll just be prudent.
Brakes will be tested before the turn off Lincoln Blvd towards Crissy Field.
Shame Ryf will not be well enough to race. At least another wildcard to choose: Visser? She races the Challenge Champs this w/e but would have 3 weeks before T100 SF. Or maybe, like Keulen and Chura, she has already turned one down. Another one for Buckingham?

Max isn’t on Cairns start list that i can see so he is obviously not racing it and must still be having injury issues. Fact check before bad mouthing might be a good idea.
Looks like you were right.

IMG_4363.jpeg

one thing we can put to bed is pto is a closed club

stratman now 15th in the pto ranking without a single pto score.

barnabi in 11th has his pto score as the weakest score.

and nico mann got 90 points in mallorca which is like 5th place in singapore

one thing we can put to bed is pto is a closed club
stratman now 15th in the pto ranking without a single pto score.
barnabi in 11th has his pto score as the weakest score.
and nico mann got 90 points in mallorca which is like 5th place in singaporeYou can add in evidence Philipp #7 and EPB #9 whose three top scores are not PTO/T100.
Think this will be clearer once T100s San Francisco and London have been raced and scores on the doors.
T100 SF start list (amended): https://stats.protriathletes.org/race/san-francisco-t100/2024/participants

I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical.
Has the course been published?How about this (6 laps): https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46488900
Wrt to the fastest corners: Lincoln Blvd is wide (though two-way so camera and ref motos in the middle) and the bends are gentle. The fastest is the descent above Baker Beach. Not a deterrent to a cyclist like LCB. Jewett, maybe: she’ll just be prudent.
Brakes will be tested before the turn off Lincoln Blvd towards Crissy Field.
Shame Ryf will not be well enough to race. At least another wildcard to choose: Visser? She races the Challenge Champs this w/e but would have 3 weeks before T100 SF. Or maybe, like Keulen and Chura, she has already turned one down. Another one for Buckingham?

Laura Madsen of DK got Ryffs spot. She has challenge championship and then SF. Tight 3 races (won 70.3 valencia).

Erm, just listened to the latest Pro Tri News Pod & PTO told Talbot that they can’t bring him to T100 San Francisco to do content for them due to recent budget cuts. This comes after their deep dive on the # of athletes racing on the T100 Tour who aren’t in a testing pool. They have that thin skin that you’re willing to lose great content for the mildest criticism? It’s barely criticism. It wasn’t some sort of condemnation of what PTO is doing. It just encouraged them to think about their testing protocols.

Brooks,

You’re right, I can lower my rates, but they’ve actually been the same for the last three to four years. In fact, with inflation, I should be raising them. When I talk with videographers outside the endurance industry, they can’t believe how cheap my rates are. Plus, I have extensive triathlon knowledge and personal relationships with the athletes, which makes it easier for me to get content. I don’t need to drop my rates; I need to raise them! Haha.

You’re correct, I don’t work for free or shoot events for free. That’s not a sustainable business model if you’re looking to make a living and put food on the table.

Earlier this year, after a chat with the PTO, they planned to take me to all the PTO events in North America. However, due to budget cuts, they decided to cut me from PTO San Francisco but are taking Nils Nilsen, an incredible photographer and videographer. Most of you have seen his amazing work with ROKA, Ventum, Ironman, and more. I love Nils and hope to reach his level someday. I can assure you my rates are much, much cheaper than his. This is the life of a contractor: you’re always replaceable, whether by better talent or someone cheaper.

I’m all good if the PTO cut me for so-called “budget” reasons, but I can assure you that’s not the case. If they cut me for speaking up for clean sport and pushing them to get their athletes on a Registered Testing Pool (RTP), then so be it. I care more about the integrity of the sport than making a few extra dollars.

My prices are listed on my website; you can see them here: (https://www.talbotcox.com/pricing). In this category, I charge around $1,000 a day to shoot and edit video. For Miami, I gave the PTO a cheaper day rate since it was multiple days. If you compare this to industry rates, it’s actually quite affordable.

Anyway, who really cares? The athletes are on a testing pool now, and we get to watch some epic races. I’ll be watching as a fan from afar! :slight_smile:

Best,
Talbot

They can afford him if he wants to drop his rates, Talbot isn’t cheap anymore and he’s too good to do things for free.

I went ahead and asked ChatGpt to give me a prices.

In Miami I charged the PTO a $750 Day rate.

Here is industry standards provided by Chatgpt.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 1.14.05 PM.png
CHATGPT Quote.jpg
CHATGPT Quote.jpg

FTR Talbot, I’m not suggesting you do that. Do you want to do my Christmas photos? Because you’re way cheaper than my wedding photographer.

FTR Talbot, I’m not suggesting you do that. Do you want to do my Christmas photos? Because you’re way cheaper than my wedding photographer.

No worries! Haha, I thought you were suggesting I was too expensive! I’ll definitely offer a 50% discount if we’re both at the same race this year. How about on the beach in Kona? Are you coming? :slight_smile:

If they cut me for speaking up for clean sport and pushing them to get their athletes on a Registered Testing Pool (RTP), then so be it.

Based on this and what we heard from Ryan, it may be interesting to do a PTN segment on how the media is treated and if there is an attempt to control the messaging.

If they cut me for speaking up for clean sport and pushing them to get their athletes on a Registered Testing Pool (RTP), then so be it.

Based on this and what we heard from Ryan, it may be interesting to do a PTN segment on how the media is treated and if there is an attempt to control the messaging.
Yes please

Erm, just listened to the latest Pro Tri News Pod & PTO told Talbot that they can’t bring him to T100 San Francisco to do content for them due to recent budget cuts. This comes after their deep dive on the # of athletes racing on the T100 Tour who aren’t in a testing pool. They have that thin skin that you’re willing to lose great content for the mildest criticism? It’s barely criticism. It wasn’t some sort of condemnation of what PTO is doing. It just encouraged them to think about their testing protocols.

Brooks,

You’re right, I can lower my rates, but they’ve actually been the same for the last three to four years. In fact, with inflation, I should be raising them. When I talk with videographers outside the endurance industry, they can’t believe how cheap my rates are. Plus, I have extensive triathlon knowledge and personal relationships with the athletes, which makes it easier for me to get content. I don’t need to drop my rates; I need to raise them! Haha.

You’re correct, I don’t work for free or shoot events for free. That’s not a sustainable business model if you’re looking to make a living and put food on the table.

Earlier this year, after a chat with the PTO, they planned to take me to all the PTO events in North America. However, due to budget cuts, they decided to cut me from PTO San Francisco but are taking Nils Nilsen, an incredible photographer and videographer. Most of you have seen his amazing work with ROKA, Ventum, Ironman, and more. I love Nils and hope to reach his level someday. I can assure you my rates are much, much cheaper than his. This is the life of a contractor: you’re always replaceable, whether by better talent or someone cheaper.

I’m all good if the PTO cut me for so-called “budget” reasons, but I can assure you that’s not the case. If they cut me for speaking up for clean sport and pushing them to get their athletes on a Registered Testing Pool (RTP), then so be it. I care more about the integrity of the sport than making a few extra dollars.

My prices are listed on my website; you can see them here: (https://www.talbotcox.com/pricing). In this category, I charge around $1,000 a day to shoot and edit video. For Miami, I gave the PTO a cheaper day rate since it was multiple days. If you compare this to industry rates, it’s actually quite affordable.

Anyway, who really cares? The athletes are on a testing pool now, and we get to watch some epic races. I’ll be watching as a fan from afar! :slight_smile:

Best,
Talbot

you and gwen the most unfairly treated people in triathlon . i would call youri as he might be able to give you some advise…

you could ask ironman and ask if they could set up an anti doping program in 4 weeks or so …

anyway we are 100 percent in agreement pto was way too slow.and i guess you did speed them up a week or 2 and maybe even a month or 2 . but there is no way they had not started the process before you.

i think chealse burns with holly had a fair opinion on your doping work in their podcast.

btw i still think pto should honor their agreement with you.

Based on this and what we heard from Ryan, it may be interesting to do a PTN segment on how the media is treated and if there is an attempt to control the messaging.[/quote

maracg would you prefer to be a boing whistleblower or PTO

I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical.Has the course been published?Shame Ryf will not be well enough to race. At least another wildcard to choose: Visser? She races the Challenge Champs this w/e but would have 3 weeks before T100 SF. Or maybe, like Keulen and Chura, she has already turned one down. Another one for Buckingham?Laura Madsen of DK got Ryffs spot. She has challenge championship and then SF. Tight 3 races (won 70.3 valencia).And now Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Racing there a week after Hamburg (which she needs for her second IM in the Pro Series) always seemed doubtful. But having missed Singapore she now must (per contract) race Ibiza a week after Nice (but those two venues are a short flight/long drive apart and same time zone/Mediterranean environment, as opposed to N Germany to W Coast).
Who will get a ‘16 days to go’ wildcard?

I wonder if LCB is skipping San Fran because she is worried about the bike course being very technical.Has the course been published?Shame Ryf will not be well enough to race. At least another wildcard to choose: Visser? She races the Challenge Champs this w/e but would have 3 weeks before T100 SF. Or maybe, like Keulen and Chura, she has already turned one down. Another one for Buckingham?Laura Madsen of DK got Ryffs spot. She has challenge championship and then SF. Tight 3 races (won 70.3 valencia).And now Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Racing there a week after Hamburg (which she needs for her second IM in the Pro Series) always seemed doubtful. But having missed Singapore she now must (per contract) race Ibiza a week after Nice (but those two venues are a short flight/long drive apart and same time zone/Mediterranean environment, as opposed to N Germany to W Coast).
Who will get a ‘16 days to go’ wildcard?

Ellie Salthouse?

I’ve said it somewhere here before but I really wonder how the PTO thinks about how some of their contracted athletes like Matthews, Phillip, Laidlow are prioritizing Nice or Kona instead of the T100 series. Good for Kat that she pulled out this early so that a more willing athlete can race in San Francisco. But as you said, Ibiza comes just a week or so after Nice. So that race is just gonna be a good 4 hour catered training session for her to fulfill a contractual obligation.

And now Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Racing there a week after Hamburg (which she needs for her second IM in the Pro Series) always seemed doubtful. But having missed Singapore she now must (per contract) race Ibiza a week after Nice (but those two venues are a short flight/long drive apart and same time zone/Mediterranean environment, as opposed to N Germany to W Coast).
Who will get a ‘16 days to go’ wildcard?Ellie Salthouse?Given her PTO ranking (#16), I’d have thought Salthouse has already been offered one and rejected.

Has Moench said she’ll still race (I hope so: to say au revoir)? If not that’s another wildcard.
Moench is ranked #15 so given PTO’s maternity policy one assumes that she’ll ‘stick’ at that ranking and consequently be offered a T100 contract for next season.
I note that Lawrence, through her excellent performance at Miami, hopped up to #9 (from #21) before sharing she was in the club. Quality timing.
. . . I really wonder how the PTO thinks about how some of their contracted athletes like Matthews, Phillip, Laidlow are prioritizing Nice or Kona instead of the T100 series. Good for Kat that she pulled out this early so that a more willing athlete can race in San Francisco. But as you said, Ibiza comes just a week or so after Nice. So that race is just gonna be a good 4 hour catered training session for her to fulfill a contractual obligation.I think most Nice bound athletes with a T100 contract will be doing that Ibiza training/recovery camp. In fact I think there’s merit in hiring a van to transport all the bikes and drive round and over the ferry! All the favourites for Nice (all T100 contracted athletes, and all now validated/qualified) are in the same boat (number of missed T100s before London in brackets): Haug (2), Ryf (2), Sodaro (1), Philipp (2), Matthews (2), Lee (0), (not Moench now). Let’s hope the catering (from Tuesday to Sunday and during the race itself) is up to scratch. I hope they find a run route which takes in some uneven surfaces as the WT LD World Champs at Ibiza did (and Pierré raced so well).
Spivey, Knibb, Duffy, Gentle and LCB can duke it out at the front.

Las Vegas for the boys: a totally less doable combo and this means a slew of wildcards for that race (MPro).

And now Matthews (insta) has pulled from San Francisco as well. Racing there a week after Hamburg (which she needs for her second IM in the Pro Series) always seemed doubtful. But having missed Singapore she now must (per contract) race Ibiza a week after Nice (but those two venues are a short flight/long drive apart and same time zone/Mediterranean environment, as opposed to N Germany to W Coast).
Who will get a ‘16 days to go’ wildcard?Ellie Salthouse?Given her PTO ranking (#16), I’d have thought Salthouse has already been offered one and rejected.

Has Moench said she’ll still race (I hope so: to say au revoir)? If not that’s another wildcard.
Moench is ranked #15 so given PTO’s maternity policy one assumes that she’ll ‘stick’ at that ranking and consequently be offered a T100 contract for next season.
I note that Lawrence, through her excellent performance at Miami, hopped up to #9 (from #21) before sharing she was in the club. Quality timing.

Don’t think Moench is racing as she is not exactly training consistently (Insta update)

You are right about Salthouse. Guess if they need two wildcards now, it will go quite far down the rankings. Can’t think of anyone that will make a major impact TBH

Is the maternity policy mean you hold the ranking or hold the points when you go on maternity leave. Doubt it makes much of a difference for Holly but 15th for Moench is borderline

Sorry to hear about Kat. It sounds like it’s just cautious to avoid overuseinjury. Smart decision.

It sucks to think the training volume required to support the high frequency and level of races is going to take its toll.

So it’s just more likely to happen with others as the season progresses?

From the PTO side, you have to be a little annoyed. She’s worried about overuse injury so she’s going to train to race over 2x the distance instead of racing a shorter one that’s built a team of investors paying specifically to film you racing their races.

This review of running injuries wasn’t very conclusive, but it was interesting:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7856562/

But if you take it at face value the previous injury is more likely to be aggravated from longer runs.

Of course the doctors reviewing apparently thought running more than 20km overall per week was a “long distance” runner. I guess we’re all in trouble then!

Still the point stands, more is more.

Don’t think Moench is racing as she is not exactly training consistently (Insta update)

You are right about Salthouse. Guess if they need two wildcards now, it will go quite far down the rankings. Can’t think of anyone that will make a major impact TBH

Is the maternity policy mean you hold the ranking or hold the points when you go on maternity leave. Doubt it makes much of a difference for Holly but 15th for Moench is borderline

Maybe they’ll offer the spots to some short course ladies not going to Paris after Cagliari this weekend.