T100 Lake Las Vegas, Race Weekend Live Thread

I just realize T100 Vegas is on this weekend:

Women’s field is super interesting. Will Taylor Knibb just TT away from the field, in Vegas, then Dubai then Taupo to continue who she raced so far this season?

We’re a few hours from race start now

An hour to race start, are we looking beyond Knibb at all?

Well Jack has crowned Deroron the second coming of Ryf and the only athlete in the world who can challenge Knibb. No other athletes are worthy in his mind of mention.

Well, if that’s what Jack says, it must be true!!! :joy:

All morning he was saying that if Derron got to T2 5 minutes behind, then the “RACE IS ON!!!”

Well, she got off the bike 5 minutes behind, and she has only pulled 2 minutes back in 15Km.

But she has the latest legs in triathlon. If a gazelle could swim and ride a bike he would still say she would beat the gazelle in a foot race.

He had been so much better lately but this was the absolute worst commentating of all races the past few years. Chelsea and Rinny both were stunned into silence over and over again with his absurd banality.

Agreed…I watched the Juniors at the world championships in Spain the other day. Camera footage was pretty average but commentary was fantastic!

It makes a huge difference in overall enjoyment of viewing the race. Already dreading the Kona 2024 commentary of Dede G.

@Kid

Is Dede G commentating at Kona? Haven’t heard her voice in ages. Thought IM stopped using her🫣

His critiquing of Chelsea’s past races to her face was cringe and totally unnecessary.

Hey just watching the replay (was out riding mid race) and is it my eyeballs but is Taylor riding almost an inch more forward with more toe down pedaling pushing backward than before (like at Oceanside and SFO)? Or maybe just camera angle?

Good on Knibb, she has to be the best autistic athlete since NBA player Tony Snell. Also, the coverage is unlistenable without Jan. Sodardo is a terrible choice; unlikeable with nothing to say.

Yup- this is on IRONMAN announce broadcast coverage and commentary team details for 2024 Pro Series - Elite News - TRI247

“Joining the pair on comms will be three-time IRONMAN World Champion Mirinda Carfrae, IRONMAN Champions Michael Lovato and Dede Griesbauer, plus British professional full distance athlete Laura Siddall.”

@Kid

[quote=“buzzsaw, post:11, topic:1281976, full:true”]
Good on Knibb, she has to be the best autistic athlete…
[/quote]

Just wondering, has this been revealed/known/discussed/disclosed??
I had thought when I first started watching her that this may be the case but was not aware if anything has been disclosed or if it is just pure speculation???