T100 grand final location

Any news on the location of the T100 grand final?

I thought the rumour was Bahrain.

If you look at the Ironman website, the Ironman 70.3 Bahrain is TBD. It is normally first week of December. T100 Dubai is mid Nov and they said that the T100 finals are supposed to be two weeks after T100 Dubai and the talk is it will be in Middle East which kind of narrows it down to Abu Dhabi, Bahrain or Qatar.

Given T100 has had all their races in 'world cities" (so to speak) I can’t see this happening in some place like Oman, or say Aqaba Jordan (next door, 5 km from Eilat Israel)

I guess that is where the money is. I prefer the locations with a crowd and interesting course. Like SFO was fantastic.

I guess that is where the money is. I prefer the locations with a crowd and interesting course. Like SFO was fantastic.

I think obviously in this case they are going where the money is. For some reason there are cities that still think it’s more profitable to pay for sporting prestige rather than an army of bikini clad yoga pant wearing Instagram influencers.

I hope it’s not in NEOM. The prince is reportedly cutting the budget for that vanity project. Not sure how that will affect supertri, but it won’t be surprising if the PTO approached Saudi Arabia for some sort of partnership given the amount of money they’ve poured to other sports.

From what I heard it is Oman

Be great see then add Laguna Phuket to the series, breath life into another historical significant race in an iconic tri location. Im not sure Thailand lay like Oman!

Be great see then add Laguna Phuket to the series, breath life into another historical significant race in an iconic tri location. Im not sure Thailand lay like Oman!
The authorities in Phuket don’t seem to like closing roads for Triathlons like some of the other provinces. Would have been cool to have it this year for the 30th anniversary and maybe the legendary after-party would have made a comeback as well. It has become pretty quiet after the awards these days.

From what I heard it is Oman

If it is Oman, I guess the idea is that the pros are already in Dubai and they hang out there for two more weeks and head over to Oman. Oman already has a really good 70.3 event. It’s just not in the caliber of “destination” as everything else on the T100 list. They could have just had it in Auckland and call it done and Ironman and T100 could actually collaborate in a two week span!!!

From what I heard it is OmanThe PTO need to get on and announce this. From their page in January (since amended):
https://t100triathlon.com/pro-racing/
Go down to “Events”:
“They might be the world’s ultimate athletes but each race in the 2024 T100 Triathlon World Tour will test triathlon’s biggest stars to the limit. With varied courses, terrains and conditions, plus the need to stay physically and mentally strong across a long and demanding season, only the best will earn the title of T100 World Champion following the Oman T100 Grand Final.”

From what I heard it is OmanThe PTO need to get on and announce this. From their page in January (since amended):
https://t100triathlon.com/pro-racing/
Go down to “Events”:
“They might be the world’s ultimate athletes but each race in the 2024 T100 Triathlon World Tour will test triathlon’s biggest stars to the limit. With varied courses, terrains and conditions, plus the need to stay physically and mentally strong across a long and demanding season, only the best will earn the title of T100 World Champion following the Oman T100 Grand Final.”

It was funny to hear some athletes in their videos speak about “the last two races in the Middle East” before Dubai was even announced, which by the way was also known to have bought that PTO spot declining the IM 70.3 race at the end of last year. Apparently there were some issues with the local permits that delayed the official announcement.