Swing state blues

NC here and it is largely the same. I’m the unaffiliated voter in the house so all the mail flyers come addressed to me. I’ve also gotten what I suspect are internal Trump campaign polls. I say that because of the questions…“if you learned that Kamala Harris was eating babies for breakfast would that make you more likely, less likely, or about as likely to vote for her”.

I will say, it feels different this year. I don’t see the same number of Trump signs, flags, or even bumper stickers on cars. I was riding yesterday morning in a very rural part of the state, and I don’t think I saw more than 2 or 3 Trump signs…and buried amongst them was a Harris sign; I almost fell off the bike. In 2020 and 2016, practically every yard out in the country had Trump signs.

I’ve discussed this with other folks, and they agree that it feels different this time around. I don’t expect that all of these people will suddenly vote for Harris, but maybe they’ll decide to stay home.

The Republican’s have a horrible candidate running for Governor, and Dems, independents, and anyone who does not buy into this MAGA garbage are highly motivated to defeat him.

I hope all of this points to positive outcomes come November for the Old North State…we will see.

Matt

Football is the big one but I watch the Lions and not a lot more. Network shows I watch on hulu afterward, and if on laptop commercials blocked, if on projector, ads but different than live show, some political but growing up with commercials and having my laptop out while watching, I usually am focused elsewhere, and honestly I don’t watch many Network shows, Survivor and If I remember Amazing Race, but they are not airing now. Then cable shows I watch dvr’d off philo and I can skip the commercial, so all my gold mining shows and deadly catch, I skip commercials.

There is not a lot of commercials during F1 on espn either.

Between philo shows and Netflix, that covers the vast majority of my tv viewing.

Also MI. Local cbs, from paramount+, to get CBS nfl games, is Duluth, MN. I am out of range for OTA, save for a fox channe.
Add in peacock for nbc games. And bloomberg, and youtube.
Get the ads, from both sides.
Border issues.

Maybe in your market.

In SEPA there’s nearly zero DJT ads on subscription TV (Peacock, Amazon).

We see a lot of Harris ads, and a very few attack ads aimed at deceiving voters about Sen. Casey.

We have been receiving a lot of DJT mailers. If we had a bird: we wouldn’t line its cage w/ the garbage.

Yeah, almost everything from Team Donald is “the brown people are coming to get you”. I live smack in the middle of the state and I guarantee Centre co will go democratic and the outlying counties will go repub. I have no idea why the republicans are hitting this area so heavily, it truly is an done deal.