Sub-29-Minute 10K Pace Chart

If you hit the splits listed below, you’ll finish a 10K in 29 minutes. Shave a second somewhere along the way, and you’ll finish sub-29. (If that’s not the time you want, you can pick a different 10K pace chart.) The splits are listed in both miles and kilometers, use the buttons to toggle between the two.

Not seeing a chart…

Me neither. Which makes sense because I’ll never see a 29’ 10k.

Swing and a miss on your first post, but dont give up, try again!!!

Kind of mad at you though, was looking forward to seeing those splits so that I could attempt to hold them on my run today… (-;

Think about 4;40 per mile will get you there though…

29 minute 10K pace is 4:40 min/mile. I could do a 4:40 mile in my younger days but could never put two of them back-to-back.

As a 45-49AG I can do a 36:00 10K. Dropping a minute a mile is not something even remotely possible for me. It is crazy that the best in the world hold that pace for a full marathon.

Swing and a miss on your first post, but don’t give up, try again!!!

Why do I suspect that there’s going to be a link to a training plan that you’ll need to subscribe to, or a sales pitch involved?

Why do I suspect that there’s going to be a link to a training plan that you’ll need to subscribe to, or a sales pitch involved?

It’s got the faint odor of AI…hard to tell with the small sample size. But it’s there.

AG 40-44 and my 10K is ~42min, so your 36min seems equally unattainable :slight_smile:

It’s got the faint odor of AI…hard to tell with the small sample size. But it’s there.

Which is strange because to post a pace chart you don’t need AI, just a rudimentary understanding of addition.

1- 4:40
2- 9:20
3- 14:00
4- 18:40
5- 23:20
6- 28:00
6.2-28:55

If you want to sign up for my Masterclass on adding numbers together click the link below. The first class is FREE for the first 50 subscribers!!!

Definitely spam of some sort; if you Google “The splits are listed in both miles and kilometers, use the buttons to toggle between the two.” you’ll see the same post appearing on a variety of other forums.

Which is strange because to post a pace chart you don’t need AI, just a rudimentary understanding of addition.
6.2-28:55 Hate to break it to you, with your name and that, but 4:40s will result in a time, rounded up to the nearest tenth, as 29:00.0 so would not be sub-29. Would be super-frustrating.
5 minute miles for a 10k gets you 31:07 DAMHIKT

If you want to sign up for my Masterclass on adding numbers together click the link below. The first class is FREE for the first 50 subscribers!!!

“Free bottle of rum for you if you are willing to take a guided tour of our property and attend our presentation on ‘Vacation Ownership’ here in USVI”

6.2-28:55 Hate to break it to you, with your name and that, but 4:40s will result in a time, rounded up to the nearest tenth, as 29:00.0 so would not be sub-29. Would be super-frustrating.
5 minute miles for a 10k gets you 31:07 DAMHIKT

Ohhh pedantry is one of my all time favorites. I’ll retort with 2 arguments, and may it please the court

(starting with the correction that 10k=6.214m, not 6.2m, as referred to in my somewhat sloppy calculation, the final line should read 6.214-28:59.999999… or 29:00, as argued below)

1-OP said “If you hit the splits listed below, you’ll finish a 10K in 29 minutes.” Not in under 29 minutes.

2-The title of the thread does indeed reference Sub-29 pace chart for a 10k, not specifically Sub-29 for a FAT recorded 10k with standard rounding practices. Rounding up by definition refers to a number less than the rounded result.

(Just for fun, the difference in a 29:00.00 and 28:59.90 10k at 4:40/mile is ~22inches, or about 15meters of running in lane 2)

4:40 / mile pace lands you right at 28 minutes for 6 miles. Keeping the same pace for the last 0.2 mile would be 56 seconds. That comes in sub-29 minutes, no?

Me neither. Which makes sense because I’ll never see a 29’ 10k.

That’s hilarious.

Neither will I, not even a 39’

I got 29:59.8 when rounding to the nearest 10th of a second and 29:59.9 when rounding up, so I am not sure what is going on with all the different results. Probably we are all using different definitions to convert between miles and meters.

Probably a difference in rounding the conversion from km → miles. I used 6.2 to keep it simple…but redoing the calculations with 6.21371, I got 28:59.8 (which yes, if you round to the nearest second, is 29 minutes exactly).

In the running world, a 10 km is a road race, for the course to be IAAF legal it has to be a bit long, you are thinking about 10,000 m on the track. But the AI bot is talking about a 10 km, so you need to run a bit faster than your 4:40 estimate :wink:

It’s super easy pacing. 3.00 per km and on the last one you go 2:59. Probably better to play it safe and string together five 3:01’s and do the last four 2:59 and last one 2:58.

Your problem is seems to be getting imperial into the equation. Just go with metric and it is dead easy pacing (regardless if you want to break 30 min, 31 min, 32 min…and so on up to 40:00. The pace is 3:0x where X is size times your minute digit (example if you want to go 32 min you have to run 3:12, 33 min is 3:18, 36 min is 3:36, 37 min is 3:42).

Stay in metric and figuring out the pace per km is super easy.

In the running world, a 10 km is a road race, for the course to be IAAF legal it has to be a bit long, you are thinking about 10,000 m on the track. But the AI bot is talking about a 10 km, so you need to run a bit faster than your 4:40 estimate :wink:

Since we’re going for Pendant of the Week in this thread, the distance on a track is measured on the extreme inside of lane one. So even if you flirt with penalty by planting your left foot right on the paint as best you can, your center mass is going to be going a bit longer.