Steve Scalise has won the race to become the House GOP’s nominee for speaker

The vote was around 110-100 (scalise over jordan). That seems to be a really tight race. Not sure if you can get all 100 of the people who voted for jordan to vote for Scalise.

The vote was around 110-100 (scalise over jordan). That seems to be a really tight race. Not sure if you can get all 100 of the people who voted for jordan to vote for Scalise.

All you need to know to answer your question is that Trump gave his endorsement to Jordan. House floor chaos to ensue shortly.

Not that I don’t think they are both jackasses, Gym is by far the biggest shithead between the two. Just as I will never cease to be amazed at people voting for Trump, Gym is not too far behind.

From the only Trump worth a shit…

Steve Scalise, the unreconstructed white supremacist and promoter of the big lie beats out child-molester enabling insurrectionist.
Cool.

Since most of repub house members are gutless wonders (scared of trumpsters), probably change on house floor vote at 3pm

So republicans are nominating someone has self described themselves as “David duke without the baggage” as speaker?

Yep, that checks out.

So republicans are nominating someone has self described themselves as “David duke without the baggage” as speaker?

Yep, that checks out.

I just saw that quote on Google News. It’s good that they are pulling back the curtain and not try for ‘‘law and order’’ or family values’’ any more.

Yep, that checks out.

I just saw that quote on Google News. It’s good that they are pulling back the curtain and not try for ‘‘law and order’’ or family values’’ any more.

It is just wild that he described himself that way!

GOP is just insanely far right.

So what’s to stop this guy from getting voted out again?

its also funny that I have not seen any stories blaming the GOP for not consulting the democrats on who their speaker should be.

So what’s to stop this guy from getting voted out again?

6 people. That’s it.

Yep, that checks out.

No no no, the U.S. is a slightly right of center nation. The dems are the crazies.

Things I learn on Faux News.

The fact that the GOP led House is a complete clown show is clearly the Dems fault.

Yep, that checks out.

No no no,** the U.S. is a slightly right of center nation**. The dems are the crazies.

I mean, in the grand scheme of political theory, we are center right. GOP is far right. Mainstream Dems are center right. So the “center” is right wing.

General consensus is the Dems are further right than UK DUP (conservative Ulster Unionists).
Actual political centrists are called left wing in the US cause they are far left compared to the median voter.

The question: In the mold of McCarthy, how much will he concede to the wackos in order to get their votes?

How many times will they have to vote and vote and vote before they can shake him down for enough concessions to finally give him the job, and a short leash?

The question: In the mold of McCarthy, how much will he concede to the wackos in order to get their votes?

He’s got more Deplorable Bona Fides than McCarthy, so he may have an easier time. Also I think there’s some fatigue (to say the least) over Gaetz-and-co’s actions, and they probably realize they’ve about played their hand.

At least I hope that’s the case.

But this is why I was saying in another thread, I think the Democrats should have saved McCarthy. The odds of getting someone better than McCarthy were effectively zero.

He’s got more Deplorable Bona Fides than McCarthy, so he may have an easier time. Also I think there’s some fatigue (to say the least) over Gaetz-and-co’s actions, and they probably realize they’ve about played their hand.

At least I hope that’s the case.

But this is why I was saying in another thread, I think the Democrats should have saved McCarthy. The odds of getting someone better than McCarthy were effectively zero.

He was also hunted a shot by a left-wing terrorist who hated republicans so he’s got street cred.

The democrats are just not going to be able to negotiate with Scalise while maintaining their job.

It would be like if the senate having to pass something that got Manchin on board but if Bernie Sanders didnt get everything he wanted he was going to take his ball and move go home.

Whatever budget the far right wants to pass isnt going to have to votes to get past the 20 or so republicans in biden districts.

Yep, that checks out.

No no no,** the U.S. is a slightly right of center nation**. The dems are the crazies.

I mean, in the grand scheme of political theory, we are center right. GOP is far right. Mainstream Dems are center right. So the “center” is right wing.

General consensus is the Dems are further right than UK DUP (conservative Ulster Unionists).
Actual political centrists are called left wing in the US cause they are far left compared to the median voter.

It’s because you guys are still using the imperial measurement of political wingedness and not metric like the rest of the world!

Yep, that checks out.

I was unaware of the source of that comment- Scalise attended a white supremacist event in 2002.

Scalise ran into controversy, and his remark about Duke surfaced, after a blogger revealed Scalise’s attendance at a white supremacist conference organised by Duke in 2002.
He attempted to apologize later… but…WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Yep, that checks out.

I was unaware of the source of that comment- Scalise attended a white supremacist event in 2002.

Scalise ran into controversy, and his remark about Duke surfaced, after a blogger revealed Scalise’s attendance at a white supremacist conference organised by Duke in 2002.
He attempted to apologize later… but…WHAT THE FUCK!!!

That’s back when he was a young 38 year old who hadn’t yet reached puberty and was still trying to understand the world. He’s grown up so much since then.