Sram Wireless Blips without Blipbox and 1 x 12 setups? here

Hi guys,

i just wanted to know, if anybody already uses the wireless blips without the blipbox just communicating of the RD?
1 x 12 Sram Setup
After having massive trouble with shimano dura ace brakes and quality of other shimano parts and missing service, i want to reduce hardware which can break.
I mainly race flat courses and would be interested in 1 x 12 setups you use?
greetings…and tia

I have been all season after a port in my blip box died. Works great, just glued the blips where I wanted them.

I’ve been using that setup all year. It works flawlessly.

Yes. I ditched the blip box on one of my bikes.
Sram Red 1x setup, with 2 pairs of wireless blips.
Works just fine.

Same here

Works great

Yeah, I like riding on the tops on my gravel bike, so put the wireless blips under the bar tape next to the stem. They talk to my SRAM Transmission RD.

They’re a little larger than I’d like, but overall very happy. Easy to setup, and they work flawlessly. The reliability of AXS is one of the wonders of the world to me. In around a decade I’ve never pressed an AXS button and not had the bike shift. Except the handful of times I let my batteries go dead.

I haven’t used a blip box for a long time. Works just fine without it.

IRRC Sram requires the blipbox to initially configure the wireless blips, but then you don’t need it. This was just their way of still forcing folks to pay for a blipbox that has been rendered unnecessary. You can borrow someone’s blipbox (or etap brifter) to do the setup (since you won’t need the blipbox afterward).

The blip box is not necessary anymore for pairing your AXS system. Just need the latest AXS app and current firmware on the derailleur(s).

3 Likes

ok, thanks guys for the confirmation, no i need to get my 1 x 12 setup planned…

I have 4 blips, 2 on extensions, 2 by brake levers all paired to a Force 2x set up. Press both blips at the same time to change FD, and then any of the blips for gear change