Sphere’s 2024 NFL football pool, who’s in?

How about this. Just don’t make a habit of picking the odds on favorite in every game in every week and we’ll be fine. No one did that last year except windy and he says he’s off that bullshit now. I’m also not posting which teams are favored so the temptation may not be as great as in previous years.

To be fair i had the most wins…

Yeah, it was following your counts, that I saw the not so surprising result, underdogs win in the first 1/4 of the season, as no one is really sure how good each team is, after a few weeks it starts to settle down and there are fewer and fewer upsets. Which is why I fully plan on picking 99.9999% favorites as we get into the stretch and will I guess just risk a flag on the play.

@sphere Hey, you okay if I do a survivor NFL pool. I have not run the numbers to make work with so many teams, I think folks will have to pick 1 NFC team and 1 AFC team, each week, can’t pick a team twice see who is standing at the end.

1 Like

Count me in. I think you have found the sweet spot for scoring this year. I coasted a few too many weeks in first place last year with one lucky 5 point guess.

With the new forum format, and that some people always miss the start, maybe a 1 or 2 week grace period? If a latecomer they receive the same points as the last place finisher for the week.

Maybe if one week is missed during the season, the same? instead of zero points, the same points as last place for the week. But, just one mulligan - a second missed week is then zero points.

Kathy, come on back!! Scoring is simpler, plus Sphere does all the heavy lifting anyway, and we missed you last year.

1 Like

Sure, count me in.

I’m in.

I’m in also!

Maybe I can use this to follow the NFL even a little bit this year. Growing up a Raiders fan was a lot of fun. The last 20-some years has been kind of boring. Not bad enough to laugh at, not good enough to ever threaten to win.

I may have to declare free agency in both baseball and football so I can pick new teams. Perhaps they can send me some swag to entice me.